FW: Building Sacred Ground - FYI

1 view

Alice King

Mar 4, 2015, 7:22:20 PM3/4/15
to Alice King

Hi,

Here is a wonderful opportunity to know more about UU.

Alice

Building Sacred Ground is a four part series to orient people to Unitarian Universalism and our congregation while they share individual spiritual paths and interests. It is a good way to get to know a small group of people very well.

Building Sacred Ground will be offered three times this year, Spring (April), Summer (July) and Fall (October). I am attaching a PDF of the information flyer with specific dates. Please encourage any new comers or members that are looking for a deeper connection to our faith and congregation to register. I am happy to speak with folks about the series. Below is a summary of the 4 sessions.

Building Sacred Ground Session One: UU 101—Our Foundations

This dynamic, intriguing session reviews Unitarian Universalist European and American history; our Unitarian and Universalist theologies; and our practices of worship, education, social justice, pastoral care, and community.

Building Sacred Ground Session Two: Sharing Our Journeys

Participants will build sacred space, and begin to build personal community.  Engaging and thoughtful activities will help participants reflect on their spiritual lives, spiritual development and future spiritual explorations.

Building Sacred Ground Session Three: Getting Involved

Joined by church lay leaders, this activity-based session will explore the rich array of church projects and groups.  Participants will gain a sense of how to nurture their spiritual lives, explore personal gifts and  find ways to engage in the broader community.

Building Sacred Ground Session Four:  Tea with a Minister

The group has now bonded and participants are invited share casual social time with the ministers in an  intimate setting. Ministers will respond to the questions that have been gathered throughout the previous sessions.

Suzette Marie Partido Bessemer Southfox
Director of Membership & Development
First Unitarian Universalist Church of San Diego
Hillcrest & South Bay Campuses
www.firstuusandiego.org
(619) 298-9978, church office

(619)  398-4436, direct desk
Office hours (times vary): Sunday through Thursday. Evenings & Saturdays by appointment.

Anyone of any means can leave a planned gift to First UU Church!

Contact planne...@firstuusandiego.org

2015 BSG promo - final.pdf