SF SAFE 5k Event

Nicole Workman

Sep 27, 2011, 3:04:24 PM9/27/11
to somacommunit...@googlegroups.com

Greetings!

San Francisco SAFE is having its Annual 5K Fun Run-Walk for SAFEty Event Fundraiser. This year we would like to invite YOU to join us at Golden Gate Park on the 30th of October at 11 am.

SF SAFE works directly with the San Francisco Police Department and other city agencies to make sure everyone who lives and works in San Francisco knows how to protect themselves, how to handle life-threatening situations, and how to access emergency services. Our staff gives Child Safety presentations to both parents and children, teaches basic crime prevention techniques like pedestrian safety, park safety, child abduction prevention tips, Internet safety, and even bullying prevention.  SF SAFE, Inc. also strives to develop positive relationships with the SFPD Officers through our Cops read to Kids program. SF SAFE has organized hundreds of Neighborhood Watch Groups across the city, becoming a liaison between the community and the San Francisco Police Department.

This event will be a fantastic opportunity for children and youth to gain service hours by volunteering in the community while raising awareness of Personal and Family safety. It will also help promote team work while participating in an activity that advances physical motivation and their leadership potential.

There are two ways to participate:

1.       Volunteer and help adult volunteers in facilitating  kids events

2.       Join in our 5k Fun Run-walk or the 1/5 mile race for children 8-11

We also encourage teams, clubs or circle of friends to run together from your school or faculty and join SAFE, SFPD and Chief Greg Suhr for a day of fun in the park.

In order to participate in the Fun Run-Walk, children and youth above the age of 10 will pay $20 which includes a T-shirt and BBQ lunch. We ask, however, that individuals and teams commit to raising a certain monetary goal which can be garnered thru various team building tasks such as setting up a car wash or having a bake sale, the inability to come up with the monetary amount does not hinder anyone from participating in the race. All proceeds from this event will benefit Neighborhood Watch and Child Safety Services which reduce crime and violence in our neighborhoods.

This is our 1st year trying to partner with schools and youth organization. We’d very much like to work with you to set realistic fundraising goals for your group. If this opportunity sounds like something that might interest you and your young people please don’t hesitate to contact me or register at sfsafe.5k.dojiggy.com.

Thank you very much!

Nicole Lee Workman

Public Safety Coordinator

San Francisco SAFE, Inc.

Safety Awareness For Everyone

Direct: (415)-553-1986

Nic...@sfsafe.org

www.sfsafe.org

5K Fun Run/Walk For SAFEty

SAFE is hosting our 3rd Annual 5K Fun Run/Walk for SAFEty on October 30, 2011.

Participants can run, walk, or join the stroller brigade.

Visit www.sfsafe5K.dojiggy.com for more information and to register yourself and/or your team.

POA article 2011 (2).docx
5kFunRunWalk10.pdf
tear off.pdf