Sept 19's Student Loan Debt Crisis Workshop/Debt Assembly will air on HCTV 9/29 at 7 pm, 9/30 at 6 pm, 10/2 at noon, 10/3 at 8:30 pm

Francis Kromkowski

Sep 27, 2013, 1:58:38 PM9/27/13
to Occupy Helena Discussion List, Occupy Bozeman Discussion List, Becca Titus, missoulaforeclosuredefense, Sheena Rice/Montana Organizing Project

HCTV (Helena Civic TV,  cable channel 11)  broadcast dates/times for the Sept 19 Student Debt Crisis Workshop/Forum are :

9/29 at 7 pm,

9/30 at 6 pm,

10/2 at noon,

10/3 at 8:30 pm

And it will also be available at those times  via live streaming for those without access to cable TV:  http://helenacivictv.org/whats-on-channel-11/live-stream/

cid:image002.jpg@01CE9FD8.D82F64A0                                                                cid:image006.jpg@01CE9FD8.D82F64A0

STRIKE DEBT HELENA MT, a Working Group of Occupy Helena:  Helenans working to bring people together to promote creative community remedies for the immense debt problems and the basic economic and educational needs challenges we face as individuals, families, and as a community.  Most of us   --  individuals, families, and communities -- are drowning in debt due mostly to the reckless, greedy actions of Wall Street financial wizards --  whose only concern has been for profit for  banks and corporations,  whose  profits are now at record levels.  Those of us who do not have the staggering personal debt problems that many have are still affected and deeply moved by the injustices and sufferings of our sisters and brothers in deep debt.  Strike Debt Helena MT’s work can help us to get together and begin a new day.

STRIKE DEBT HELENA MT‘s DEBT CRISIS WORKSHOP SERIES:

August 22:  Housing Debt -- September 19:  Student Debt -- October 10:  Medical Debt

 Time:  7-9pm -- Location:  St. Paul’s Methodist Church, 512 Logan in Helena

Ø  Strike Debt Helena MT is also a local chapter of  The national Strike Debt organization, of which: http://strikedebt.org/

Strike Debt!

You are not a loan.

Strike Debt is a nationwide movement of debt resistors fighting for economic justice and democratic freedom.

Debt is a tie that binds the 99%. With stagnant wages, systemic unemployment, and public service cuts, we are forced to go into debt for the basic things in life — and thus surrender our futures to the banks. Debt is major source of profit and power for Wall Street that works to keep us isolated, ashamed, and afraid. Using direct action, research, education, and the arts, we are coming together to challenge this illegitimate system while imagining and creating alternatives. We want an economy in which our debts are to our friends, families, and communities — and not to the 1%.