NEW EASTSIDE VIRTUAL HOLIDAY FOOD DRIVE

Richard Ward

Dec 17, 2020, 3:12:05 PM12/17/20
to 1300

New Eastside Virtual Holiday Food Drive

How serious is the food crisis in the Chicago area? The  Greater Chicago
Food Depository (GCFD) distributes over 300,000 pounds (150 tons) of
food every day. 1 in 4 children face a food shortage. Food need has gone
up 125% since last year. Imagine not having food for your loved ones!

What can we here in the New Eastside do about this?

Three residents, Ginger Menne and Guliz Somnez of The Lancaster, and
Charlene Roderick of The Parkshore, worked with GCFD to form a network of
15 New Eastside residences, or "teams," to have a community food drive to
address the food crisis.

Here are the buildings: The Parkshore, The Lancaster, The Chandler, The Aqua,
340 on the Park, North Harbor Tower, 400 East Randolph, Park Millenium,
Harbor Point, The Shoreham, The Regatta, The Tides, Columbus Plaza,
The Buckingham and The Coast.

Donors can go to the website, and identify which building or team they are in.
The website also lists the number of donors, the average donation, and
total donations for each building. So, the generosity of each team is visible to all.

Over $24,000 already has been donated by 147 "teammates," and this will
provide over 70,000 meals. But the food crisis has gotten worse. The New
Eastside Virtual  Holiday Food Drive is an opportunity for the many generous and kindhearted neighbors to reach out and provide food for our fellow Chicagoans.

NEAR is proud of and grateful to our neighbors who started the food drive and to
the many who have already joined in. We strongly encourage all of our fellow
New Eastsiders to follow in their steps and help relieve the food crisis that is
impacting hundreds of thousands of our fellow Chicagoans.

Here is the link:

Questions can be directed to Ginger Menne at:

FORWARDED BY:
Richard F. Ward, President, NEAR
New Eastside Association of Residents