May 2022 - News research and Starcharts

Edwin Rod

May 31, 2022, 6:39:25 AM5/31/22
to Edwin Rod

Hi everyone

Lots of interesting research and news items out this month, two favourites would be the future exploration of the solar system and if the timeline is accurate and I make it to 92 years old I might see the first crewed mission to Jupiter. There is also a good look at Saturn.

If you’re on the Facebook platform and in the astronomy groups, we now have a good team of Admins up and running, so let hope it results in less spam there.

It’s almost the winter solstice here and Wellington has been rather warm, enjoy the newsletters and papers

Cheers Edwin

Research papers

Impact of Economic Constraints on the Projected Timeframe for Human-Crewed Deep Space Exploration

https://arxiv.org/abs/2205.08061

A target list for searching for habitable exomoons

https://arxiv.org/abs/2204.11614

Evaluating the Evidence for Water World Populations using Mixture Models

https://arxiv.org/abs/2205.00006

Unveiling non-gray surface of cloudy exoplanets

https://arxiv.org/abs/2204.13452

The Outer Edge of the Venus Zone Around Main-Sequence Stars

https://arxiv.org/abs/2204.10919

On the pressure dependence of salty aqueous eutectics

https://www.cell.com/cell-reports-physical-science/fulltext/S2666-3864(22)00130-8

The mercurial Sun at the heart of our solar system

https://arxiv.org/abs/2205.03498

Survival strategies of an anoxic microbial ecosystem in Lake Untersee, a potential analog for Enceladus

A global system of furrows on Ganymede indicative of their creation in a single impact event

https://arxiv.org/abs/2205.05221

On the origin of molecular oxygen on the surface of Ganymede

https://arxiv.org/abs/2205.01659

Particle deposition on the saturnian satellites from ephemeral cryovolcanism on Enceladus

https://arxiv.org/abs/2205.11265

Ocean signatures in the total flux and polarization spectra of Earth-like exoplanets

https://arxiv.org/abs/2205.05669

Infrared and Optical Detectability of Dyson Spheres at White Dwarf Stars

https://arxiv.org/abs/2204.09627

Global Mapping of Surface Composition on an Exo-Earth Using Sparse Modeling

https://arxiv.org/abs/2204.01996

a space-borne astrometric mission for the detection of habitable planets of the nearby solar-type stars

https://arxiv.org/abs/2205.05645

Improved Sensitivity for Space Domain Awareness Observations with the Murchison Widefield Array

https://arxiv.org/abs/2205.05868

The Effect of Ocean Salinity on Climate and Its Implications for Earth's Habitability

https://arxiv.org/abs/2205.06785

The Origin and Evolution of Saturn

https://arxiv.org/abs/2205.06914

The Futility of Exoplanet Biosignatures

https://arxiv.org/abs/2205.07921

A Ubiquitous Unifying Degeneracy in Two-Body Microlensing Systems

https://arxiv.org/abs/2111.13696

A Super-Earth Orbiting Near the Inner Edge of the Habitable Zone around the M4.5-dwarf Ross 508

https://arxiv.org/abs/2205.11986

Exosphere-Mediated Migration of Volatile Species On Airless Bodies Across the Solar System

https://arxiv.org/abs/2205.12805

The Detection of Transiting Exoplanets by Gaia

https://arxiv.org/abs/2205.10197

My interests and more can be found @

Thanks Edwin
(A posting enthusiast)
Research_20_05_2022.txt
Keeping_in_Touch-054-30May2022.pdf
All charts 2206.pdf
StardomeStarChart-May22.pdf
Impact of Economic Constraints on the Projected Timeframe for Human-Crewed Deep Space Exploration.pdf
The Origin and Evolution of Saturn.pdf