Greenfield: Energy Park-Fall Clean-up

1 view

Felix Lufkin

Sep 22, 2014, 12:06:05 AM9/22/14
to helpyour...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

Mark your calendars and RSVP!

Fall Clean-up!
Sunday, Oct 12, 1:30-4pm

In addition to getting things ready for next spring, we will be getting the Park ready for its last event of the season – Rays of Hope cancer fundraising, which will be held in the park on Sunday, Oct 19.

With all the rain we had this summer, the Park is LUSH and green – with stuff growing everywhere! Yesterday I was working in the formal garden area, and a very kind person came and helped take about 6 wheelbarrow’s worth of “stuff” up to our hidden dumping area. I was so grateful for their assistance! At the end of my time there, I was heartened to hear the laughter of young children playing on the “kids train.” One parent also talked with me about her concern about people being around that she would prefer that her 6-yr old daughter not have to see. I urged her to bring her friends next time. I firmly believe that the way to make the Park really great is to USE it! In NYC I have seen Central Park go from a scary and vacant place when I was growing up in the 60’s to a vibrant Park, with thousands of people enjoying nature and outdoor activities there every day of the week! I believe we can make our parks vibrant in the same way – by using them and building love and pride in them!

Please RSVP –and let me know if you can come!

Nancy Hazard
Member, Greening Greenfield (GG) www.GreeningGreenfield.org
30 Spring Terrace, Greenfield, MA 01310
413-774-5667
nha...@WorldSustain.net
Former director of the Northeast Sustainable Energy Association (NESEA) & the Tour de Sol
It is NOT OK to fund our lives by wrecking our planet. Bill McKibben 2013