HYS workdays - this weekend and beyond!

1 view

Help Yourself!

Sep 22, 2014, 9:35:29 AM9/22/14
to helpyour...@googlegroups.com, in...@johnroot.net, roxy6c, hanam...@hotmail.com, zachary....@gmail.com, Lucia Danielson, genevie...@gmail.com, Sharon Friedner, Co...@terravisus.com, bet...@seeger.ws, aeva...@comcast.net, Miranda Wiley, kathcu...@gmail.com, annaf...@gmail.com, Jean Bargeron, abho...@gmail.com, Carlanne Raber, richardro...@gmail.com, theos...@gmail.com, lda...@gmail.com, Alexis Hott, wj...@hampshire.edu, Laurel Hootstein, ze...@hotmail.com, SarahMu...@aol.com, arielle...@gmail.com, Jacob Holzberg-Pill, fsanch...@gmail.com, Fiona Chevalier, Jonathan Hills, atay...@uvm.edu, Louisa Hall, Chris Gentes, Jess R, cstaryos, me...@hampshire.edu
Hi folks! There are a few upcoming Help yourself work days. Please RSVP if you think you can come to any so we can get a head count.
Felix

SAT - SEPT 27 - 9am-2pm - Rail Trail Work Day - Mural Priming and Painting for a large 'Plant Profiles' Mural in Northampton
(near peter pan bus station)
http://www.meetup.com/Western-MA-Permaculture/events/206213992/
  • Join us for some fall clean up work on the Rail Trail in Northampton as do lay some beds to rest for the fall, do some planting, sheet mulching and...

    Work on a 'plant profiles' mural on the large columns under the Route 10 bridge over the Rail Trail. We'll highlight 12 edible / medicinal plant species in large paintings with information about their uses - all for commuters, bikers, and pedestrians to learn about, in relation to the now ~1 mile stretch of Help Yourself edible plantings along the trail. No artistic skills necessary, materials provided, and we will start with priming the space white.

    To get to the mural: go to the Bus Station (address below), then head down (away from Conz st). the rail trail for ~200 feet to the Rt. 10 bridge. See you there

SUN - SEPT 28 - 2to 5pm - 4 Rivers School Forest Garden workday (Greenfield - 248 Colrain Rd.)
  • Converge @ the Four Rivers Charter School (7-12th grade) and explore the Blatchford Forest Garden in the fall of its 7th year. These gardens are open to the community for harvest - so come get oriented to them!

    Learn about the plants there, take some divisions of mints and sunchokes, harvest some burdock roots and chickweed... and help put the garden to bed for the year. We'll be doing some mulching, tree work, weeding and more at the 4 garden sites at the school.

Help Yourself!, Inc.
Growing food, medicine and planting
community in Western MA.