Re: DF: Re: Petition - Air Pollution by Railways.

Sanjeev Goyal

Sep 8, 2014, 11:46:45 PM9/8/14
to dwarka-residents
Latest order attached...............

Before the National Green Tribunal, Principal Bench

In the matter of Original Application No. 356/2013

S K Goyal
….Applicant

Versus

Chairperson CPCB, M/o EF and M/o Railways
…Respondents

Rejoinder by Applicant in response to responses received from IIT Delhi

I S K Goyal, aged about 42 years son of Late Sh Sham Lal do hereby
solemnly affirm & state:

The main response is introductory requiring no rejoinder.

Response to Annexure-A attached with main affidavit.

The respondent has accepted that there are regulations governing
emission in other parts of world. Not only this, even in India,
standards are available for diesel locomotives used in mines - which
confirms that task of development of emission standards is very much
feasible – the only thing is no one till date has paid due attention
to this important task.

The respondent has argued that resources are required for development
of standards, therefore I request that NGT may instruct M/o
Environment & M/o Railways to commit adequate resources for this
activity and make them available to IIT Delhi to commence the study in
a time bound manner.

Else NGT is requested to issue instruction as per its wisedom.

Verification

Verified on this 2nd day of Sep 2014 that the contents of this
affidavit are true & correct to the best of my knowledge. Nothing
material has been concealed therefrom.

(S K Goyal)
D-103 Shivam Apts, Plot-14
Sec-12, Dwarka,
N delhi-110078.

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 10:18 PM, Sanjeev Goyal <cwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> another adjournment.............
>
> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 11:39 AM, REJIMON C K <reji...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sanjeev all your emails should go to DWARKA FORUM
>> <DWARKA-R...@googlegroups.com>
>>
>> May be worth putting these NGT orders to new Rail Minister and PMO . emails
>> are
>> sadanan...@yahoo.com, n_mod...@yahoo.com
>>

>> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 9:52 PM, Sanjeev Goyal <cwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Latest order - No Progress. IIT did not appear.

NGT Railway 20140905.pdf

Sanjeev Goyal

Nov 28, 2014, 11:31:09 AM11/28/14
to dwarka-residents
NGT pronounced decision with direction to frame emission standards
within 6 month without any delay.

BEFORE THE NATIONAL GREEN TRIBUNAL,

PRINCIPAL BENCH, NEW DELHI

Original Application No. 356 of 2013

S.K. Goyal Vs. Sh. Ajay Tyagi, Chairperson, CPCB & Anr.

CORAM : HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE SWATANTER KUMAR, CHAIRPERSON

Respondent No. 1: Ms. Alpana Poddar, Adv.

Respondent No. 3: Mr. Om Prakash, Adv. with Mr. Honry Kolawar, Adv.

Respondent No. 4: Mr. B.V. Niren, Adv.

Respondent No. 5: Mr. N.C. Chouhan

Mr. Vikas Malhotra and Mr. M.P. Sahay Advocates for MoEF Date and Remarks

Orders of the Tribunal

Item No. 5

November 24, 2014

We have heard the Learned Counsel appearing for the parties.

Nobody is present on behalf of the Applicant.

We dispose of this Application with a direction to Respondent No. 3,
Secretary or his nominee not below the rank of Additional Secretary to
hold a meeting within four weeks from today. The meeting shall be held
with the Member Secretary of CPCB, the concerned Prof. from IIT Delhi
and a representative of the Ministry of Petroleum.

This Committee would be at liberty to approach any specialised body
anywhere in the country for necessary consultation and advice as it
may deem fit and proper.

The Committee shall within the period of 6 months collect data,
complete study, specify and prepare the guidelines which CPCB shall
ensure are duly implemented by all concerned agencies including
Respondent No. 3 in order to ensure that no pollution results from the
Railway locomotive engines. These standards should be specified
without default and delay and within the stipulated schedule as
aforeindicated. Compliance report thereto should be submitted before
Registry of the Tribunal.

With the above directions Original Application No. 356 of 2013 stands
disposed of while leaving the parties to bear their own costs.

..………………………………….,CP

(Swatanter Kumar)

.………………………………

Sareen Dwarka

Nov 28, 2014, 12:09:49 PM11/28/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Kudos Goyal Sahib :)

Sent from my iPhone
> --
> Membership Application- Please visit...
> http://www.dwarkaforum.org/self-support/
>
> We are on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Dwarkaforum
> DWARKA FORUM (Regd) www.dwarkaforum.org
> ---

Mahendra Kumar Gupta

Nov 28, 2014, 9:41:56 PM11/28/14
to dwarka-residents
Kudos. Now, DF has entered in the second phase of activism.  Taking up causes legally also, PIL on water which is yielding results.  Furthermore, our Secy. Sanjeev Goyal ji filing slew of cases on environment in NGT and in transport sector etc.

If u require, I may attend hearing at NGT on 12th as absence of applicant or his representative may have adverse impact on the NGT about our seriousness to the cause.

Sanjeev Goyal

Nov 29, 2014, 4:14:29 AM11/29/14
to dwarka-residents
Of course we can co-ordinate over phone.

Thanks

S K Goyal

On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 8:00 AM, Mahendra Kumar Gupta

Sanjeev Goyal

Dec 28, 2014, 11:11:52 AM12/28/14
to dwarka-residents
news covered by Hindu.
NGT Railways.pdf

Sanjeev Goyal

Jul 6, 2015, 11:52:16 AM7/6/15
to dwarka-residents, akanks...@thehindu.co.in
Submission by Indian Railways they are demanding 5 years to develop emission standards for railway locomotives.
Affidavit by Railways in NGT 28.05.2015.pdf

Mahendra Kumar Gupta

Jul 7, 2015, 4:15:30 AM7/7/15
to dwarka-residents
Sanjeev ji, please read it again. this may be five months not five years, may be typing mistake in the affidavit.

Sanjeev Goyal

Sep 11, 2015, 6:09:02 AM9/11/15
to dwarka-residents
This is 5 Years only.

Again date,

Railway says it will cost Rs.19 crores to develop standards over a period of 5 years and it wants contribution from M/o Railways, CPCB etc. to fund the project.

I did not ask for more time, I was ready to forward my verbal arguments, but order records it.
20150908 NGT Railways.pdf

Sanjeev Goyal

Sep 25, 2015, 2:01:11 PM9/25/15
to dwarka-residents
Rejoinder:

Before the National Green Tribunal, Principal Bench

In the matter of Original Application No. 356/2013

S K Goyal                                                                                          ….Applicant

Versus

Chairperson CPCB & Others                                                                    …Respondents

Rejoinder by Applicant in response to report submitted by respondent received from

        Ministry of Railway                                                       Respondent No. 3

I S K Goyal, aged about 42 years son of Late Sh Sham Lal do hereby solemny affirm & state:

NGT vide its order dated 24 Nov 2014 had constituted a committee comprising senior officers from M/o Railways, CPCB, Ministry of Petroleum & IIT Delhi and directed that “The Committee shall within the period of 6 months collect data, complete study, specify and prepare the guidelines which CPCB shall ensure are duly implemented by all concerned agencies including Respondent No. 3 in order to ensure that no pollution results from the Railway locomotive engines. These standards should be specified without default and delay and within the stipulated”.

But till date no such standards have been laid down by M/o Environment, putting a serious question mark over its willingness to comply with the orders of NGT.

The committee met several times and the minutes of proceedings have also been provided by respondent 3 as annexure. As per para 8 of the minutes of meeting of committee dated 21 May 2015 (page 21 of affidavit) “…considerable expenditure will have to be made for upgrading existing fleet of diesel locomotives to comply with International emission norms.”

Does not it clearly confirm the fact that international emission standards are already available?

I am not scientist but I know that wheel is not needed to be reinvented every time it is required. When such standards are available elsewhere in world why can’t with incremental work such thing be made to apply to India. Even if the standards are not 100% perfect, journey has to be started from somewhere. This at least will set the ball rolling. Even in vehicular emission standards changes have been made several times. No one can say standards will not be pronounced until 100% precise parameters are invented. Perfection is a journey and no one can be perfect on first day. In the year 2000 India started its journey of vehicular emission control by adapting European standards only, it is later that Bharat series was developed.

The period of 5 years demanded by Railways does not hold any logic. Are they in an negotiation mood – demand 5 years court may agree for 2-3 years? The emission standards must be notified instantly.

While the committee only discussed about the cost implication they did not consider any benefit arising out of enforcement of emission norms, besides good air the most immediate monetary benefit is improved fuel efficiency. Ministry is only bothered about money not about health of countrymen. While providing wi-fi facility in trains is a priority for railways, the need to maintain clean environment does not any feature anywhere in the list of concerns. Due to heavy smoke laden air, even today travelling in coached adjacent to diesel engine is a punishment.

--3--

The minutes of meeting confirm that Indian Railways has, in Jan 2013, commissioned a mobile emission test car at a cost of Rs.9.50 crores having imported equipment. So railways must have data gathered by this test car in last around 2.5 years. With the help of this data & other international standards MOEF must come out with standards immediately without holding it back any more.

Despite clear orders of NGT no efforts have been made by CPCB to ensure that emission standards are notified timely and enforced. While Delhi is already topping the list of most polluted cities in world, as per newspaper reports it is heading to top the list of highest deaths due to pollution.

Since initial days CPCB seems to be in an ‘indifferent’ mood. Despite being a prime Government agency bestowed with the onerous responsibility of advising & developing ways & means to fight pollution it seems to be in a relax mode. In its submission made in 2014 it had mentioned that there are a few more countries in line to notify emission standards shorty. It is requested that CPCB be directed to put up latest status of enforcement of emission standards world over, so that we can know how far we are lagging behind in the list.

Now several years have passed since I first raised this issue with CPCB/Ministries but apparently none of the respondents is in hurry on this important matter concerning health of citizens.

The minutes indicate that till date even after almost 10 months of order of tribunal Specialized Agency has not been appointed to deal with the situation. Rather it is surprising that a concern has been raised by committee who would fund the expenses of developing the standards. An estimate of Rs.19 cr has been mentioned in the minutes to be spent. If we divide Rs.19 cr with 5 years and 3 contributories it works out to only around Rs.1.26 cr per annum– viewing the size of ministry this sum is peanuts. A much large sum is lost by Railways alone due to human & mechanical errors but for this larger health issue it wants a contribution? Every year Railways boast of launching new schemes for enhancing passenger comfort–will not efforts made to clean the air give an enhanced comfort to passengers? If high post Govt. officials working for different ministries are not able to sort out funding issue – then what is the point in coming to a table to discuss the issue? It is extremely unfortunate that matter of money has got precedent over larger issue of environmental.

It is surprising that Railways which is heavy in corruption, is demanding money for controlling the damage caused to environment by its own diesel locomotives. If they are so concerned about this sum, they should concentrate on bringing efficiency in their operations. As per annual report of CVC 2013 Railways topped the list of most corrupt organisations attracting maximum corruption complaints. Railways Minister Suresh Prabhu also himself has also acknowledged existence of corruption at various levels in his ministry in Mar 2015.

We strongly feel that by raising money as a moving factor Railways has made mockery of order of NGT.  If Railways is so cash strapped –

(i)            It may post a public notice and seek donation from public,

(ii)          Tt may approach DRDO for help in refinement of standards. We hope that DRDO may not ask money for this job,

(iii)         It may approach world bank or ADB for loan or

(iv)          It may approach European Union for grants (http://ec.europa.eu/programmes /horizon2020/en/news/help-rail-industry-cutting-pollutants-diesel-engines) for grants.

Though In our view, the cost of developing & notifying standards must be borne by CPCB & M/o Environment because it is their job profile to develop & notify such standards.

It is a bit frustrating that despite so many years’ efforts and even direction by NGT - CPCB & ministries are not able to show any ‘swift, intelligent & concerned’ move over the issue.

--4--

In view of above we pray that:

(i)            M/o Environment be directed to notify the locomotive emission standards immediately,

(ii)          M/o Railway be directed to commit a timelines for compliance with emission standards. In case they require time exceeding 6 months they must submit a quarterly progress report,

(iii)         CPCB be directed to appoint subject matter expert for R&D or any other help to further refine the standards as notified by M/o Environment.

Sanjeev Goyal

Oct 31, 2015, 10:07:42 AM10/31/15
to dwarka-residents
Railway filed report and adjourned to 23 Nov 2015.

20151028 NGT Railways.pdf

Sanjeev Goyal

Dec 6, 2015, 8:55:14 AM12/6/15
to dwarka-residents
Surprising focus shift from pollution to dirty station.............
20151123 NGT Railways.pdf

REJIMON C K

Dec 6, 2015, 11:26:31 PM12/6/15
to DWARKA FORUM
The NGT need to give FIRM directions.
As there were many rules in the past existing.
Every time some court commissioner- then what ?
They need to fix responsibility- Some head must roll.

REJIMON C K.
Sent over wireless Network ...

REJIMON C K

Dec 7, 2015, 4:58:06 AM12/7/15
to DWARKA FORUM
Sanjiv
This is just reported . is it the same case ?

ANI: NGT imposes fine of Rs.5 lakhs on railways for failure to keep tracks & platforms in New Delhi clean.

Sanjeev Goyal

Dec 25, 2015, 9:30:23 AM12/25/15
to dwarka-residents
Railways exposed :

Test report confirms actual emission from locomotives is much more than international standards. Another date for railway to submit report within 6 weeks.

20151222 NGT Railways.pdf

Sanjeev Goyal

Feb 14, 2016, 11:53:06 AM2/14/16
to dwarka-residents, akanks...@thehindu.co.in
another adjournment...............

On Fri, Dec 25, 2015 at 2:03 PM, Sanjeev Goyal <cwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
for your reference.
20160209 NGT Railways.pdf

Sanjeev Goyal

Mar 27, 2016, 3:11:20 AM3/27/16
to dwarka-residents, akanks...@thehindu.co.in
Another adjournment - no progress.

[Message clipped]

20160321 NGT Railways.pdf

Sanjeev Goyal

Apr 13, 2016, 12:02:17 PM4/13/16
to dwarka-residents, akanks...@thehindu.co.in
only adjournment............
20160407 NGT Railways.pdf

Sanjeev Goyal

May 8, 2016, 5:22:09 AM5/8/16
to dwarka-residents, akanks...@thehindu.co.in
further adjournment..............
20160503 NGT Railway 20160503.pdf

Sanjeev Goyal

Jun 23, 2016, 8:09:22 AM6/23/16
to dwarka-residents, akanks...@thehindu.co.in
Yet another adjournment........
20160531 NGT Railway 20160531.pdf

Sanjeev Goyal

Aug 11, 2016, 12:59:24 PM8/11/16
to dwarka-residents, akanks...@thehindu.co.in
New Date.

Yet another adjournment........

further adjournment..............

only adjournment............

another adjournment...............

for your reference.

news covered by Hindu.

[Message clipped]

20160805 NGT Railways.pdf

Sanjeev Goyal

Dec 27, 2016, 9:52:34 PM12/27/16
to dwarka-residents, akanks...@thehindu.co.in
Date after date - NGT itself frustrated - total lack of coordination among Government agencies. Whole nation worried about pollution but no action.

On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 9:24 PM, Sanjeev Goyal <cwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
further date...........

[Message clipped]

20161223 NGT Railways.pdf

Sanjeev Goyal

Feb 13, 2017, 12:26:54 PM2/13/17
to dwarka-residents, akanks...@thehindu.co.in
Another date.................next date 1 March 2017.

[Message clipped]

Sanjeev Goyal

May 4, 2017, 4:16:11 AM5/4/17
to dwarka-residents, akanks...@thehindu.co.in
around half dozen dates in last 2 months and again a new date.............NGT seems to be help less against bureaucrats.
20170301 NGT Railway Pollution.pdf
201703012 NGT Railway Pollution.pdf
201703014 NGT Railway Pollution.pdf
201703022 NGT Railway Pollution.pdf
201704019 NGT Railway Pollution.pdf

Sushil Kumar

May 4, 2017, 4:37:26 AM5/4/17
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Tareekh pe tareekh.

Dont know why NGT is so slow here otherwise it is very prompt in many cases.

But no option but to wait.

--
Membership Application- Please visit...

---

Arun Banerjee

May 4, 2017, 12:11:14 PM5/4/17
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
--
অরূণ ব্যানার্জী
 αrun  βanerjee

JAI PRAKASH Tiwaree

May 5, 2017, 1:10:44 AM5/5/17
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
IT IS FUNNY THAT PEOPLE NOT USING PUBLIC TRANSPORT ARE PASSING JUDGEMENT ON POLLUTION.

news covered by Hindu.

>> > --
>> > Membership Application- Please visit...
>> > http://www.dwarkaforum.org/self-support/
>> >
>> > We are on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Dwarkaforum
>> > DWARKA FORUM (Regd) www.dwarkaforum.org
>> > ---
>> > Groups "DWARKA FORUM (Regd)" group.

>> --
>> Membership Application- Please visit...
>> http://www.dwarkaforum.org/self-support/
>>
>> We are on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Dwarkaforum
>> DWARKA FORUM (Regd) www.dwarkaforum.org
>> ---
>> "DWARKA FORUM (Regd)" group.

> --
> Membership Application- Please visit...
> http://www.dwarkaforum.org/self-support/
>
> We are on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Dwarkaforum
> DWARKA FORUM (Regd) www.dwarkaforum.org
> ---
> "DWARKA FORUM (Regd)" group.

Membership Application- Please visit...
http://www.dwarkaforum.org/self-support/

We are on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Dwarkaforum
DWARKA FORUM (Regd) www.dwarkaforum.org
---

Membership Application- Please visit...
http://www.dwarkaforum.org/self-support/

We are on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Dwarkaforum
DWARKA FORUM (Regd) www.dwarkaforum.org
---

Membership Application- Please visit...
http://www.dwarkaforum.org/self-support/

We are on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Dwarkaforum
DWARKA FORUM (Regd) www.dwarkaforum.org
---

Membership Application- Please visit...
http://www.dwarkaforum.org/self-support/

We are on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Dwarkaforum
DWARKA FORUM (Regd) www.dwarkaforum.org
---

REJIMON C K

May 5, 2017, 4:34:06 AM5/5/17
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Mr Tiwari,

What FUN you found in this?

What a logic you found?

Sanjeev Goyal

May 25, 2017, 12:23:26 PM5/25/17
to dwarka-residents
Two more dates..............next on 25 July 2017

[Message clipped]

20170522 NGT Railway Pollution.pdf
20170524 NGT Railway Pollution.pdf

Sanjeev Goyal

Jul 27, 2017, 12:34:28 PM7/27/17
to dwarka-residents
No hearing ---- one more date.........
20172505 NGT Railway Pollution.pdf

Sanjeev Goyal

Sep 2, 2017, 1:02:29 PM9/2/17
to dwarka-residents
More dates no rogress

2 August,

14 August

30 August and

6 September.

[Message clipped]

REJIMON C K

Oct 5, 2017, 7:34:20 AM10/5/17
to DWARKA FORUM

http://www.news18.com/news/india/ngt-asks-moef-to-approve-emission-norms-for-diesel-locomotives-1537337.html

New Delhi: The National Green Tribunal has directed the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) to expeditiously approve the draft emission standards for diesel locomotives submitted by the Central Pollution Control Board.

A bench headed by National Green Tribunal (NGT) chairperson Justice Swatanter Kumar asked the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) to upload the guidelines for emission standards on its website.

"The counsel appearing for the CPCB submits that it has already prepared the guidelines including interim standards for locomotives to operate. Let the copy of that be circulated to all the concerned and put up on the website of the CPCB.

"...we dispose of this application finally with a direction that the guidelines containing locomotive standards will be put up on the website of the CPCB and expeditious efforts shall be made by all the stakeholders including the Ministry of Railways, MoEF, CPCB and any other ministry that may be concerned with the same, to approve the final parameters for locomotive engines, after completing the study and then notify the same," the bench said.

The development comes in the wake of the green panel's direction to set standards and ensure that railway engines don't cause pollution.

The CPCB's interim report, titled 'Exhaust Emission Benchmarks for Diesel Locomotives on Indian Railways', aims to fix standards and protocols for the sector to achieve the targets submitted by India under the Paris climate change agreement.

According to the report, the contribution of emissions from the transport sector on the whole has risen 3.5 times since 1990 to stand at 250 million tonne carbon dioxide, or 13.5 per cent of the total emissions in 2013.

The railways contributed 9.7 per cent of this figure (24.7 million tonne). Globally, however, only 3.5 per cent of the emissions from the transport sector are attributed to the rail sector, the CPCB's report said.

"The changes in the energy sources allowed for a reduction of the share of rail transport carbon dioxide emissions from 24 per cent in 1990 to less than 10 per cent in 2013, while rail activity doubled in the same period," the draft report stated.

Earlier, the tribunal had directed the environment and forests ministry to hold a meeting with the CPCB and the railways, and submit a report on emission standards for diesel locomotive within six weeks.

However, when the matter came up for hearing, the environment ministry sought more time, saying "the standards are yet to be fixed and one year's time is required for completion".

The railways had earlier submitted international standards for emissions from diesel engines and filed a data sheet indicating the emissions from 30 railway engines.

According to the data sheet, the emission levels in the tested 30 railway engines were much above international standards.

The directions came during the hearing on a petition filed by Dwarka-resident S K Goyal about harmful emissions from diesel locomotives.

--
Membership Application- Please visit...

---

Sanjeev Goyal

Oct 7, 2017, 12:20:05 PM10/7/17
to dwarka-residents
Dear All,

With this order a fight running for more than 5 years has ended. It took more than 3 dozen hearings and in toatlity involving around half a dozen government agencies. Let's hope when guidelines are available now same shall be adhered to by Indian Railways. I believ with this now India is among handful countries where such standards are in vogue.

Its a feather in the cap of DF.

regards,

Sudha Raj

Oct 7, 2017, 1:05:43 PM10/7/17
to Dwarka Forum Google
Well done Sanjeev. Tireless warrior. The government agencies football the matter relentlessly to make sure you will one day leave this fight ..a's it's very time consuming and loads of effort. Hats off to you for your superlative effort.

Congrats!

Regards,

Sudha

Shobhit Chauhan

Oct 8, 2017, 5:36:06 AM10/8/17
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations Sanjeev ji... You are setting examples for others like myself to follow. Great going... :)

Sent with Mailtrack

Shobhit Chauhan
RTI Activist
Founder President: Ek Sangharsh (Regd. NGO)
Mobile: 0-9717063875

7 Switch off as you go |q Recycle always | P Print only if absolutely necessary

*Disclaimer:*
This Email message along with any attachments is intended for the addressee only and may contain confidential/ privileged information. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from your system. If the reader is not the intended recipient then any dissemination, distribution or copy of this
communication is strictly prohibited. Reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure that this message is virus-free. Shobhit Chauhan does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this message or attachments.

--
Membership Application- Please visit...

We are Live on https://twitter.com/dwarkaforum
We are on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Dwarkaforum
---

Sanjeev Goyal

Mar 4, 2018, 7:51:55 AM3/4/18
to us.rt...@nic.in, dwarka-residents

Registration Number

MOENF/R/2018/50243

Name

S K Goyal

Date of Filing

04-03-2018

RTI Fee Received

    10

Payment Mode

Credit or Debit Card / RuPay Card

SBI Reference number

118030460462243

Transaction Status

Transaction Successful

Request filed with

Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change

Please inform status of implementation of Emission Standards applicable to diesel locomotives of Indian Railways as ordered by NGT while disposing application number 356/2013 dated 4th Oct 2017 and also advised by Central Pollution Control Board wide its letter number B-13011/1/UPCD/NGT-Rly/2017-18/1703 dated 27th Oct 2017 addressed to Sh A K Mehta, Additional Secretary.

Telephone Number

Email Id

us.rt...@nic.in

[Message clipped]

Sanjeev Goyal

Mar 30, 2018, 12:11:13 PM3/30/18
to shrian...@nic.in, dwarka-residents

Registration Number

CPCBD/R/2018/50150

Name

S K Goyal

Date of Filing

30-03-2018

RTI Fee Received

    10

Payment Mode

Credit or Debit Card / RuPay Card

SBI Reference number

118033060810204

Transaction Status

Transaction Successful

Request filed with

Central Pollution Control Board, Delhi

Reference your letter no. B-31013/3/UPCD-I/2017-18/18685 dated 19032018 wherein you have informed that emission standard for diesel locomotive of Indian Railway is not notified. Also refer order of NGT dated 04102018 wherein CPCB accepted that guidelines including interim standards for locomotive engines to operate. In this back ground please provide following information.

(i)            Whether final emission standards for locomotive engines is ready. If not where it is stuck, please provide full facts and reasons for delay.

(ii)           Please inform in detail the facts & reasons for not notifying the pollution standards for diesel locomotives till date. Where this notification is stuck, please provide full contact detail of officer who is holding it back.

Telephone Number

0120-2230579

Email Id

shrian...@nic.in

Sanjeev Goyal

Apr 28, 2018, 8:04:03 AM4/28/18
to shrian...@nic.in, dwarka-residents

Registration Number

CPCBD/A/2018/60030

Name

S K Goyal

Date of Filing

28-04-2018

Appeal filed with

Central Pollution Control Board, Delhi

Refer letter no. B-31013/23/UPCD-I/2018 dated 20/04/2018 wherein PIO has stated that RTI application number CPCBD/R/2018/50150 dated 30/03/2018 does not qualify to be replied under RTI Act.

It is surprising that a matter of public concern has been put on back burner. It took several years for this case to be decided by NGT only due to non-cooperative attitude of CPCB and now even after more than half year the notification has not been issued by CPCB and no information provided under RTI as well. How PIO can deny information without stating any reason - Is it confidential. Instead of providing full information on this important subject matter and keeping public aware about the progress on its own by CPCB even the information has been denied under RTI making it a joke.

Please direct PIO to provide the detailed information about delay in notifying standards.

Telephone Number

0120-2230579

Email Id

shrian...@nic.in

[Message clipped]

Sanjeev Goyal

Aug 30, 2020, 6:19:29 AM8/30/20
to dwarka-residents
Latest order.

Regards

news covered by Hindu.

[Message clipped]

20200811 NGT Order NDOH 05022021.pdf

Sanjeev Goyal

Mar 24, 2021, 7:47:06 AM3/24/21
to dwarka-residents
Fed up with authorities NGT disposed case - ministry of environment still asking 6 more months.
What a wonderful system we have.
20210318 NGT Disposal.pdf

Sanjeev Goyal

Apr 9, 2022, 5:42:02 AM4/9/22
to dwarka-residents

Registration Number

CPCBD/R/E/22/00198

Name

S K Goyal

Date of Filing

09-04-2022

RTI Fee Received

    10

Payment Mode

Internet Banking, Credit or Debit Card / RuPay Card, UPI

SBI Reference number

CPABOEJGY3

Transaction Status

Completed Successfully

Request filed with

Central Pollution Control Board, Delhi

With respect to execution application number 04/2020 and order dated 18/03/2021 please inform in detail the actions taken to comply with the NGT orders.

Telephone Number

0120-4310236

Email Id

thiru...@nic.in

Sanjeev Goyal

May 13, 2022, 11:38:49 PM5/13/22
to dwarka-residents
Some progress.....hope something will happen.
Adobe Scan May 14, 2022_compressed.pdf

Sanjeev Goyal

Sep 23, 2022, 11:49:11 AM9/23/22
to dwarka-residents

584604

DWARKA FORUM Dwarka Ki Awaaz

                                          (Regn No. S-63070)

      (A Welfare Association of Residents & RWA's / CGHS Representatives of Dwarka Sub-City)

Regd. Office:

720, Pocket-1, Sector-14,

Dwarka, New Delhi - 110078

Phone No. 011-20514195

E-mail: dwark...@gmail.com

www.dwarkaforum.org

No. SKG/PMO/248                                23 Sep 2022

श्री नरेंद्र मोदी, प्रधानमंत्री,

7 Lok Kalyan Marg,

New Delhi-110 001.

Sir,

PMOPG/E/2022/0255975

Reg: Pollution by Railway Locomotives.

Concerned Department: Central Pollution Control Board

Since 2010 we have been chasing the issue about uncontrolled pollution caused by railway locomotives. On not getting any response a petition was filed with National Green Tribunal where it was decided after 4 years in Oct 2017 with a direction to CPCB to frame the standards. It was still not done and an execution application (EA 04/2020) was filed in Jan 2020 where it was again concluded in March 2021 with a direction for framing the standards. However, even today nothing has happened.

Even after a struggle of 12 years nothing has happened. This is a proven case to show how reluctant, careless and indifferent authorities can be in this country. In reply to a recent RTI application CPCB stated that the work is going on. The expertise needed to just frame the standards is not available – how same will get implemented? In present times, pollution is our biggest enemy and the public has to struggle to get standards made? A scooter will get a pollution check but not a railway engine?

It is doubted that any work is going one, apparently the case seems to have been put under the carpet and closed.

It is requested that an inquiry may be initiated to find out the reasons for this unreasonable delay.

For consideration please.

Please acknowledge.

Regards,

S K Goyal