Re: *ClayCraft* Digest for claycraft@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

Roxanne Hunnicutt

Sep 8, 2013, 3:44:58 PM9/8/13
to clay...@googlegroups.com
Gary, I want o say it all sounds like you both are considering all the possibilities, that things might need to change mid firing and thanks for sharing it all! Very fun vicariously!

Would love to help you fire if you weren't a worlds away!

Rox

On Sunday, September 8, 2013, wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/claycraft/topics

    gary navarre <navarreen...@yahoo.com> Sep 07 08:28PM -0700

    Hey Folks,

     Well I finally spent a couple afternoons setting bricks around the exit flue of this anagama I've inherited. We think Billy might be back in the states but he wrote me a note in FB I'm taking the stack in a direction he was also thinking. The stack collection box is a bit large but someone once said go big or go home so I made it big. It turns out those firebrick splits I hauled down from up North came in handy. I don't know yet if we are going to set bricks in the exit flue to make an open wall or constrict the flow with tight pot loading. The passive air ports are large enough I could make a wall I could take apart with long tongs or hooks if needed while firing.

    Detroit Anagama Stack Spanning Exit Flue

    Gary Navarre
    Navarre Pottery
    Navarre Enterprises
    Dearborn, Michigan, USA

    http://www.youtube.com/GindaUP
    http://public.fotki.com/GindaUP/

*´¨)
home -  541 479 1349   cell - 541 944 1353