faculty position at Indiana University

Dave Shriberg

Nov 19, 2021, 4:23:58 PM11/19/21
to cd...@googlegroups.com

Dear colleagues,

I hope this note finds you well! Attached and below is a job announcement for a school psychology faculty position at Indiana University. Please consider joining our amazing team! Please share with whomever you wish and feel free to contact either myself or any of the core school psychology faculty (Lisa Aguilar, Scott Bellini, and Heather Ormiston) with any questions.

Warmly,

Dave Shriberg

Professor of School Psychology

Indiana University

Advanced Assistant or Associate Professor

School Psychology Tenure-Track Position

Indiana University – Bloomington

The Indiana University – Bloomington School of Education seeks a colleague for an Advanced Assistant or Associate Professor position in the School Psychology Program of the Department of Counseling and Educational Psychology. We have both an APA-accredited Ph.D. and a NASP approved Ed.S. program. Each is based on the scientist-practitioner training model, with a strong emphasis on social justice and prevention principles.

We are interested in applications from a diverse pool of scholars who can speak to an authentic connection to social justice in their research, teaching, and mentorship efforts.  We are particularly interested in applicants with experience running a university clinic and with interest in teaching and supervising practicum courses. Our program is rapidly growing, including the creation of an undergraduate minor in child and adolescent mental health, so while this faculty member would primarily be teaching and mentoring graduate students, we are also seeking candidates with an interest in teaching and working with undergraduates.

It is favorable that applicants be licensed (or license-eligible) as a psychologist. Ours is a research-intensive program and we especially welcome applications from colleagues who have sophisticated research skills, a strong publication record, and an interest in collaborating with colleagues within and outside of our department.

As an advanced assistant or associate professor it is expected that the applicant will pursue an active research agenda, teach at the graduate and undergraduate levels, mentor diverse graduate students and serve as an active member of the School of Education, the University, and School Psychology professional communities.

Interested candidates should possess the following qualifications:

Required Qualifications:

·      A doctorate from an APA-accredited School Psychology program. Candidates must have an earned doctorate at the time of application.

·      Certification as a school psychologist

·      A predoctoral internship from an APA-accredited setting and a license (or license-eligible) to practice as a psychologist in Indiana

·      A strong publication record, history of leading a research team, and mentoring graduate research

·      A strong background in qualitative, quantitative, or mixed methodologies

·      Demonstrated excellence in teaching or co-teaching graduate and/or undergraduate courses

This 10‐month appointment begins on August 1, 2022. Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications received by Monday, December 6, 2021 will be assured full consideration; however, the search will remain open until the position is filled. H-1B sponsorship is not available for this position.

Candidates should apply online at https://indiana.peopleadmin.com/postings/11952 and submit the following:

1.     Curriculum Vitae

2.     Letter of Application

3.     Research statement

4.     Teaching statement

5.     Diversity/social justice statement

6.     Two sample publications

For inquiries about the position, please contact the search chair, David Shriberg at das...@iu.edu.

The faculty of Indiana University is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The university actively encourages applications and nominations of women, persons of color, applicants with disabilities, and members of other under-represented groups.

Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status.

school pschology position posting.docx