Re: [43F Group] Digest for 43folders@googlegroups.com - 2 Messages in 1 Topic

Lauri

Nov 6, 2010, 4:05:18 PM11/6/10
to 43fo...@googlegroups.com
DevonThink!

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 6, 2010, at 2:42 PM, 43folder...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/43folders/topics

    John SJ Anderson <gene...@gmail.com> Nov 05 04:13PM -0400 ^

    Hey --

    What's the current consensus opinion on the best non-cloud-based
    PDF/text snippet management software for Macs? Basically I want
    Evernote but without the cloud storage/sync layer -- just local
    storage. Doesn't need to do the OCR thing; does need to support
    tagging of documents.

    I'm scanning meeting notes and various other things for $WORK with a
    ScanSnap and I'd like to be able to throw them in a big tagged pile
    and pull things back out later -- but due to the nature of what $WORK
    entails, I'm a bit leary about storing them with Evernote (more for
    perceptual issues than any feeling there's actual risk with doing that
    -- i.e., it's not worthwhile making a technical argument about how
    safe Evernote is, as that's not the actual issue).

    Thanks for any pointers.

    chrs,
    john.

    Tom Doubting <taam.d...@googlemail.com> Nov 06 01:11PM +0100 ^

    What's about Yojimbo. It's also a little bit snappier than Evernote.

    Yours,
    Tom

Thomas Shannon

Nov 8, 2010, 8:55:16 AM11/8/10
to 43fo...@googlegroups.com
I concur with DevonThink.  Its the Cadillac when it comes to this kind of software and it fits your description pretty much to a tee.  Its designed to work directly with the Snap Scan, as well.

Good luck,
Tom S.