Pyzotero

Kyla Richards

Aug 2, 2022, 12:26:46 PM8/2/22
to zotero-dev
Does anyone have any annotated code where they have used pyzotero? Specifically I would like to be able to call things by their tag if that is possible. I have tried following Description — Pyzotero 1.5.4 documentation but I there are no examples on how to  format [search/request parameter]. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you

Dan Stillman

Aug 3, 2022, 1:55:18 AM8/3/22
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
On 8/1/22 6:52 PM, Kyla Richards wrote:
Does anyone have any annotated code where they have used pyzotero? Specifically I would like to be able to call things by their tag if that is possible. I have tried following Description — Pyzotero 1.5.4 documentation but I there are no examples on how to  format [search/request parameter]. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you

They're documented on the page:

https://pyzotero.readthedocs.io/en/latest/#search-request-parameters-for-read-api-calls

(I'm not sure if that's up to date with the parameters in the official docs: https://www.zotero.org/support/dev/web_api/v3/basics)

Kyla Richards

Aug 3, 2022, 1:32:43 PM8/3/22
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
I am still having trouble with a syntax error, is there a different way to format this?

image.png

Dan Stillman

Aug 3, 2022, 3:35:20 PM8/3/22
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
On 8/3/22 1:32 PM, Kyla Richards wrote:
> I am still having trouble with a syntax error, is there a different
> way to format this?

You're adding square brackets that don't belong. See the examples given
in that section. The square brackets in the method definition are just
indicating that you can pass any of those keys.