Old Zoomit user.

144 peržiūros
Praleisti ir pereiti prie pirmo neskaityto pranešimo

Ben Frawley

neskaityta,
2014-12-17 16:25:552014-12-17
kam: zoo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am an old zoomit user and have made nearly 50 zoomits in the past.
I notice that that have all been lost in the transition. :(

I think it was a great concept but poorly marketed.
I truly hope it gets a  chance at a second life.

I used Zoomit for very old photos that were captured on glass slides.
Due to the slides large size, they contained loads of picture detail, allowing the user to zoom in and get a real sense of being in the scene.

I have some marketing ideas for Zoomhub, and if interested would like to privately share them, and even become involved with Zoomhub at some level if possible.

Regards,

Ben Frawley

Daniel Gasienica

neskaityta,
2016-03-04 04:16:572016-03-04
kam: ZoomHub
Dear Ben,

I am sorry to hear your content might have gotten lost during the transition. Could you share a list of IDs/URLs?
I am currently in the process of restoring some old data we missed to import and I’d be happy to check if we have yours as well.

Re: marketing & involvement. I’d love to hear your ideas as I am working on bringing Zoom.it/ZoomHub back to life. Feel free to reach out to me personally at dan...@gasienica.ch.

Cheers,
Daniel

John Deneen

neskaityta,
2017-06-09 10:37:362017-06-09
kam: ZoomHub
DITTO - Ben, any chance to restore: To see the Pathway mural on the internet on a new, easy-to-use software platform, click on: http://zoom.it/foTF

John Deneen

neskaityta,
2017-06-11 22:09:072017-06-11
kam: ZoomHub
Hi Daniel - any chance to restore: To see the Pathway mural on the internet on a new, easy-to-use software platform, click on: http://zoom.it/foTF

On Friday, March 4, 2016 at 1:16:57 AM UTC-8, Daniel Gasienica wrote:

Aseem Kishore

neskaityta,
2017-06-11 22:15:472017-06-11
kam: John Deneen, ZoomHub
Just FYI Daniel is currently doing a cross-country road trip (for another few weeks), so may be slow to respond!

And unfortunately I neither know the new codebase nor have time currently — just moved across the country myself, started a new job, etc.

So apologies for the inconvenience and delay! Hopefully it's not critical.

Best,
Aseem

John Deneen

neskaityta,
2017-06-11 23:13:352017-06-11
kam: Aseem Kishore, ZoomHub
Thank you - as a work around I'll just use a PDF.

Here's some background on how I intend to restore the Zoom feature:

A sustainability “war room” containing murals – projected on walls or on printed paper – can be used for analysis, evaluation and decision making. Such a room might look something like this:

New murals can then be made to provide analyses that focus on sector-specific issues, companies or industries. For example, we have used multiple murals to analyze causes, and consequences of global warming.

Feb 15, 2012 - The Must Haves for a Sustainable 2050 by Don Kennedy President emeritus , Stanford http://tinyurl.com/ybo74kk9

- Any interests in working on incorporating also the perspective of our Ocean (70% of our planet) into this CO2 Vision 2050 Pathway Info-Mural?

"Pathways to a Sustainable 2050" by the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (download pdf) http://tinyurl.com/m643mjj

Bob Horn - a "da Vinci" like visionary illustrator created it as a reference tool for thought leadership and a platform for beginning the dialogue that must take place to navigate the challenging years to come.

(The yellow boxes designate the Must Haves - “required to be on track for a sustainable 2050.”)

How to use the Pathway Mural http://tinyurl.com/mmw8oul

1. Murals provide opportunities to learn and to integrate learnings. Some organizations have not yet thought strategically and in detail about possible sustainable futures. Taken together, the 350 milestones indicate that there is a lot to be done and that there is no magic bullet. Consequently, More comprehensive thinking and innovation will be needed across a vast set of complex futures that must entail the whole organization. The Pathway mural is a major step toward providing one such detailed and comprehensive view of sustainable futures.

The visual displays thus will provide a foundation for both individual and organizational learning and sustainability education. They could be used widely in schools and universities.

2. Context for more detailed strategic discussions. One major purpose of information murals such as the Pathway mural is to provide a contextual tool for strategy evaluation. For some organizations, these murals are cogent reminders of the sustainable world in which they would like to be operating. The mural also illustrates how rapidly changing futures will affect the products, services, and markets of many companies.

3. Aligning the organization with evolving strategic environments. Some companies have placed the Vision 2050 poster and Pathway info-mural in prominent places at their corporate headquarters (and other buildings) as a way of inviting stakeholders to learn about these critical sustainability issues and how the company is thinking about them. The concept illustration below shows the visual displays in a rather large exhibit space. One of the WBCSD member companies, Akzo Nobel, has put such an exhibit in the lobby of the World Trade Center in Amsterdam, the location of its headquarters. Murals can be printed at almost any size. They can be laminated or printed on vinyl for durability.

4. Murals in the hallway leading to the CEO's office. An information mural shows one set of topics important to the company's strategy, business environment, and goal setting. Some CEOs or other executives may wish to sensitize employees and visitors to the organization’s views on the importance of sustainability issues that inform the company's strategic agendas. Hanging the mural in the hallway leading to the CEO’s office is a move guaranteed to attract the attention of major company stakeholders. Specific parts of the mural of particular importance to the company could be enlarged and further detailed.

Further help:

This unique set of visual information will stimulate deeper understanding and dialogue within companies and with suppliers and customers. For further information on how these murals can be used to stimulate strategy, planning, and communication, contact the Vision 2050 project synthesizer, Bob Horn by phone at +1 (415) 775-7377 or email him at hor...@earthlink.net

Stay healthy and vibrant,

John J. Deneen

Extraordinary Innovations LLC - An expert advisory, venture investment and incubation ecosystem company focused on monetizing exponential tech innovation and business model disruption.

(A) Practice - HOW, (B) Learning - WHAT, and (C)  Culture - WHY integrated together for improving the improvement infrastructure for mankind while working cooperatively towards a higher purpose of meaningful life. Co-evolving and reinforcing rather than de-evolving each other because the growth on one system cannot continue to work at the other's expense.

Sent from my iPhone

Ian Gilman

neskaityta,
2017-06-13 23:27:572017-06-13
kam: John Deneen, Aseem Kishore, ZoomHub
John,

Sounds like good stuff! Just so you know, it’s possible to use zooming without the ZoomHub service, using the OpenSeadragon code library:

It’s more technically challenging, though, mostly having to do with converting your image to the zoomable format. Anyway, if you’re interested in pursuing that, I can point you in the right direction. :-)

-- Ian Gilman
-- digital renaissance man

Daniel Gasienica

neskaityta,
2017-07-07 15:54:282017-07-07
kam: Ian Gilman, John Deneen, Aseem Kishore, ZoomHub
John,

Thanks for your patience. It looks like we had a loss of our file system on May 8. I have restored ZoomHub from our latest backup. I checked your entry (foTF) and found the underlying source is not available anymore: http://api.zoom.it/v1/content/foTF

If you can restore http://theideahive.com/influx/SKETCH2-WBCSD-%20zoomit.png or point me to a new source, I’ll see that it’s restored.

Cheers,
Daniel

Atsakyti visiems