Zekr 0.7.5 beta 3 is ready

Mohsen Saboorian

Jan 12, 2010, 10:09:29 AM1/12/10
to Zekr Group
Salaam,

Zekr 0.7.5 beta 3 is ready for download. Here is a list of new features:
- A new advanced 'goto' dialog introduced with a number of options (originally requested here). You can activate it with Ctrl+G. One may navigate to Al-Fatiha:3, simply by typing al-fa:3 and pressing enter.
- It's now possible to play (recite) a search result item.

In order to ease Debian packaging, Zekr code base was made compatible with Lucene 2.9.x and 3.0.0.

Regards,
Mohsen

Mohammad

Jan 12, 2010, 10:26:28 PM1/12/10
to zekr
Salaam,

Mohsen, the mac package doesn't work for me.

Zekr
[LaunchRunner Error] The main class "net.sf.zekr.ZekrMain" could not be found.
[JavaAppLauncher Error] CallStaticVoidMethod() threw an exception
    at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.run(LaunchRunner.java:112)
    at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.callMain(LaunchRunner.java:50)
    at apple.launcher.JavaApplicationLauncher.launch(JavaApplicationLauncher.java:52)

Mohsen Saboorian

Jan 13, 2010, 12:01:59 AM1/13/10
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Salaam,

Sorry, zekr.jar is missing. Will upload the correct package tonight.

Mohsen

Abdul Wahid Paperwala

Jan 13, 2010, 3:06:35 AM1/13/10
to zekr
Dear Mohsen,

Salaam

Please suggest what steps to follow to incorporate English word for
word translation to the Zekr.
I can arrange for authors permission for the same. It is available on
the net at http://emuslim.com
Your help is requested.
What should one do to change the arabic font make it more bold and
easy to read. and how to display the search result of arabic/ quranic
word or word from translation with Ayat and its translation as its
displayed main pages.

Regards

Wahid

On Jan 12, 8:09 pm, Mohsen Saboorian <mohs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Salaam,
>
> Zekr 0.7.5 beta 3 is ready for download. Here is a list of new features:
> - A new advanced 'goto' dialog introduced with a number of options
> (originally requested

> here<http://groups.google.com/group/zekr/t/5c3ab723856acfa2/>).

> You can activate it with Ctrl+G. One may navigate to Al-Fatiha:3, simply by
> typing al-fa:3 and pressing enter.
> - It's now possible to play (recite) a search result item.
>
> In order to ease Debian packaging, Zekr code base was made compatible with
> Lucene 2.9.x and 3.0.0.
>

> Download <http://zekr.org/download.html> | Change
> Note<http://zekr.org/wiki/Zekr_0.7.5_beta_3>
>
> Regards,
> Mohsen

Mohsen Saboorian

Jan 13, 2010, 3:30:25 PM1/13/10
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Salaam,

In order to provide a translation pack please see this article:

To change font, goto Tools > Options > View and change quran_fontSize to a higher value. You can also make it bold by another related property.

Regards,
Mohsen

Mohsen Saboorian

Jan 13, 2010, 3:33:33 PM1/13/10
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Salaam,

Mac package updated. Please let me know if it worked.

Regards,
Mohsen

Abdul Wahid Paperwala

Jan 14, 2010, 2:05:20 PM1/14/10
to zekr
Salaam ,

Could manage to change the font size and made it bold, how do I change
the font style.
I couldn't find the themes.zip also,
Please advice

Thanks

On Jan 14, 1:30 am, Mohsen Saboorian <mohs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Salaam,
>

> In order to provide a translation pack please see this article:http://zekr.org/wiki/Translation
>
> To change font, goto Tools > Options > View and change quran_fontSize to a
> higher value. You can also make it bold by another related property.
>

> <http://zekr.org/wiki/Translation>Regards,

> Mohsen
>
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Abdul Wahid Paperwala <
>

> studiowa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear Mohsen,
>
> > Salaam
>
> > Please suggest what steps to follow to incorporate English word for
> > word translation to the Zekr.
> > I can arrange for authors permission for the same. It is available on

> > the net athttp://emuslim.com

> > zekr+uns...@googlegroups.com <zekr%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.

> > For more options, visit this group at

> >http://groups.google.com/group/zekr?hl=en.- Hide quoted text -

Mohsen Saboorian

Jan 15, 2010, 2:00:33 AM1/15/10
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Salaam,

You can use these properties to change bold/italic style of Quran font (Tools > Options > View):
quran_fontItalic
quran_fontBold

There is only two theme available for Zekr, which are built-in: Sky and Uthman Taha. You can change your current theme Through Tools > Options > General.

Regards,
Mohsen

Hermanto

Jan 20, 2010, 1:15:09 PM1/20/10
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mohsen ...

Salam ...

I just wanna say thank, you have develop the zekr project so far ...
I have found this software first time from sabily (ubuntu muslim edition), and i'm like it very much ...
Hopely, this project never come to end ...

Regards,
Hermanto

Sorry for my english if any mistake ...

meho_r

Jan 24, 2010, 2:28:46 PM1/24/10
to zekr
Salaam

For this (Ctrl+G), my dear bro, a huge THANK YOU :) This makes my life
a lot easier. Testing on Mandriva 32bit (wouldn't work on my Ubuntu
64bit, will wait for a .deb package). Regarding "Go to" window, a
particular feature cought the eye: cursor stays in the same place when
it was last positioned/used. So, if you were using numeric "surah:aya"
method of search, when you open "Go to" window again, it'll stay
there, selecting the text so all you have to do is type. Fantastic!
Great work.

On Jan 12, 4:09 pm, Mohsen Saboorian <mohs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Salaam,
>
> Zekr 0.7.5 beta 3 is ready for download. Here is a list of new features:
> - A new advanced 'goto' dialog introduced with a number of options
> (originally requested

> here<http://groups.google.com/group/zekr/t/5c3ab723856acfa2/>).

> You can activate it with Ctrl+G. One may navigate to Al-Fatiha:3, simply by
> typing al-fa:3 and pressing enter.
> - It's now possible to play (recite) a search result item.
>
> In order to ease Debian packaging, Zekr code base was made compatible with
> Lucene 2.9.x and 3.0.0.

Mohsen Saboorian

Jan 24, 2010, 3:05:56 PM1/24/10
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Salaam,

You are welcome. This was a essential requirement for Zekr from its early times, and I had actually your previous feature request in mind (regarding that Bible tool if I'm right) when implementing this form.

There are still some works to do: we need a better filtering mechanism to ignore some textual differences. For example when one enters fat:1, it should show Al-Fatiha:1, regardless of 'Al-' in the beginning of Al-Fatiha. Since suna names can be virtually shown in any language (based on user selection), we need some standard filtering for text matching (probably regular expression substitution rules, like what we already have in search-info.xml used for analyzing standard and advanced search).

This Advanced Goto feature, together with removal of flash plugin now helps blind people use Zekr more easily. Flash plugin caused problems for some screen readers, and our previous navigation (with no short-key) also made it hard for a blind to choose the location s/he wants to go.

Regards,
Mohsen

Message has been deleted

meho_r

Jan 26, 2010, 4:57:17 PM1/26/10
to zekr
Salaam.

Yeah, fat:1 would be much better than al-fat:1, definitely. However,
I'm really happy with this way. When you implement selections and
ranges, Zekr can go to version 3.14159265... as far as I'm
concerned ;-)

I was thinking about selections and ranges. When people want to read a
certain part of Qur'an, e.g. surah Al-Bakarah, from aya 100 to 200,
they would simply search for 2:100 or al-baq:100, and then read on
from there to aya 200. Now, is it possible to distinguish this with
those people who need to copy text of ayas 100 to 200 with use of an
additional dash in the search, i.e. they enter 2:100-200 or al-baq:
100-200 and get these ayas automatically selected (no need to make
automatic copying of the text because of that clipboard issue: not to
lose present data in it). In case of separate layout (mixed would be a
problem I guess), it is probably translation text which should get
selected. What do you think, Mohsen?