Support for Mac M1

Javi D R

Feb 12, 2021, 4:44:34 AM2/12/21
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Hi

Looks like the docker image doesnt work in the new Mac M1 (arm64 arch). Is there any way to make it work in that system?

Thanks

Simon Bennetts

Feb 12, 2021, 4:48:47 AM2/12/21
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Er, right now I dont think any of the ZAP team have a Mac M1 :(
If someone would like to donate one to us then I'm _sure_ we'd be able to prioritize that!

More seriously, in what way doesnt it work?
Is this a generic docker problem or something specific we're doing.
The code is in https://github.com/zaproxy/zaproxy/tree/main/docker if anyone with an M1 can help us out ...

Cheers,

Simon

Javi D R

Feb 12, 2021, 5:00:10 AM2/12/21
to zaprox...@googlegroups.com
I have one

The problem apparently is that the image is built for a different platform

WARNING: The requested image's platform (linux/amd64) does not match the detected host platform (linux/arm64/v8) and no specific platform was requested

It is weird as other images work fine, its only this one

Simon Bennetts

Feb 12, 2021, 5:07:02 AM2/12/21
to OWASP ZAP User Group

Javi D R

Feb 12, 2021, 6:00:25 AM2/12/21
to zaprox...@googlegroups.com
Good point. So, rebuilding the image in my m1 from the dockerfile should solve the problem then, as it will have the right arch tag. I will try during the weekend

Thanks

Javi D R

Feb 12, 2021, 6:57:07 AM2/12/21
to zaprox...@googlegroups.com
Wow, now this is super weird... if you start zap in a docker compose it works.... doesnt make any sense

Libin Babu

Jun 14, 2021, 6:28:41 AM6/14/21
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Yup , a local build worked for me as well. But yeah this is a docker issue so a baked image pulled from hub cannot be used on arm architecture.