New character made... give me your opinions!

Steve of the Red Fez

Mar 15, 2013, 4:31:20 PM3/15/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hey, guys. This isn't a question as much as an observation. for any who have been following, I've been doing a lot of work on putting together a regular demo of WFRP3E at my local store (I have another session this Sunday). I have four characters made (detailed in another post), but I wanted to have a couple of fall back characters just in case. With that in mind I made a soldier from Wissenland and a high elf envoy.

When I began making these characters I really thought the soldier would be a ton of fun. He's good, but I have to admit I was amazed at how interesting and unique the high elf is! The system really lelt me create a character that actually FEELS like a high elf envoy. Galadwen (that's the envoy's name) took an "affluent" level of wealth which I chose to mean she'd be in the gold tier... it makes sense for the concept and type of game I'm running. the adventure involves dealing with the nobility in Nuln (generally to get information). A character like this will make it much easier.

The only things that differed from 100% straight character generation rules are thus:
  1. All of my demo characters are a bit more advanced so they all have 7 advances already.
  2. A few of you know that my own house rules are to allow an "affluent" character to take a superior hand weapon.
  3. I don't like the cost for throwing knives/shurikens since they end up being semi-disposable. Therefore, I use the same price/weight but treat it as three knives/shurkens per purchase. Chaos stars can mean one of them is lost when making a ranged attack.
Look it over and tell me what you think. Any changes you'd make? I would LOVE to play this character if the game master/type of adventure supported it. That's one of the things that I love about WFRP3E... no one has to be a fighter/thief/cleric/mage.

By the way, I do not own Winds, Magic or Omens of War, Blackfire Pass so none of those cards are part of this build (probably a couple from Winds of Magic would've been useful).

Here are her card choices (it's hard to read them on the sheet):

Talents
Reputation - I Know a Guy…
Reputation - Influential
Reputation - Resourceful
Reputation - Silver Tongue
Focus - Serene (free due to being a high elf)

Action Cards
Support - Big City Bravado
Support - Don’t You Know Who I Work For?
Support - I Thought We Were Friends
Melee - Riposte
Support - Sage Advice
Support - Winning Smile
Demo Character - Galadwen of House Mithaleil, High Elven Envoy.pdf

DevoutBadger

Mar 15, 2013, 8:26:30 PM3/15/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
It's an elf. Try again.

Steve of the Red Fez

Mar 15, 2013, 9:03:17 PM3/15/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure I know what you mean. Do you mean that you don't like elves or that there is something wrong with the actual build? Out of a group of 4 humans and 1 dwarf, I thought a demo group should see something different. A  high elf fits more with dealing with high society in Nuln than a wood elf.

Josiah Leis

Mar 15, 2013, 9:17:50 PM3/15/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com

Pay no mind to Devout, he is prejudiced against all Elves :-).

DevoutBadger

Mar 15, 2013, 9:26:32 PM3/15/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Elves are bad people!

Besides that, I avoid elves in "demo" type games to avoid people mistaking Warhammer for D&D.

But I'm just some bastard hardliner, don't listen to me!