Clearing rain totals on Envoy

Christopher Snell

Sep 23, 2016, 12:30:50 AM9/23/16
to weewx-user
Hi,

Is there any way to clear the rainfall totals on the Envoy from weewx or its utilities?   I was looking at wee_device and ran it with '--clear' and while it did apparently clear archive data, it didn't zero the rainfall totals.

Apparently this is possible in the Weatherlink software but I'm running in Linux only.

Thanks,

Chris

Christopher Snell

Sep 23, 2016, 12:33:56 AM9/23/16
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm not actually running weewx, so clearing out the weewx database won't do me much good.  I'm running my own software [1] and I need to clear it on the actual Envoy device.

Andrew Milner

Sep 23, 2016, 2:25:48 AM9/23/16
to weewx-user
Have you tried setting /resetting the rain year start date?  if you clear the memory with --clear, then set rain start to say 10 then set it back to whatever date you really want to be the start may possibly make the rain total reset - just a thought!