Web Editor Blank Screen

James Ryan

Mar 28, 2014, 10:18:38 PM3/28/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

Having an issue with the web editor. Other's have experienced this problem before with no resolution:

I'm running web2py on a raspberry pi on the local network. I can access it fine, log into the admin interface, create a new app, and peek at the files. When I go to edit any files the page loads but the file doesn't. I've tried on multiple machines and browsers. The raspberry pi is headless and doesn't have xserver so I can't try locally.

Using Chrome's debugger I can see the http request being cancelled and there's no response data in the header

Looking at /var/log/apache2/access.log the http request returns 200 OK

Any thoughts what this might be?

Derek

Mar 31, 2014, 2:25:23 PM3/31/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
The 'canceled' message can be caused by a few different routes, either a navigation away to a different page, a user clicking the 'stop' button, or an ad blocker... you should look at your network data to get better answers.

There are other situations that chrome will cancel requests, such as the dom object which caused the request getting deleted, or another request going to the same server had an error (it will stop the request to prevent from getting another error).

I'd hazard a guess and say it's likely a dom object getting deleted, but you'll have to investigate further. If this happens a lot with your RPI it could be an indication of the server returning an error (and chrome cancels pending requests).

Derek

Mar 31, 2014, 2:44:54 PM3/31/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
also, make sure you have this line in your apache config...

Header always append X-Frame-Options SAMEORIGIN

James Ryan

Mar 31, 2014, 5:32:10 PM3/31/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Derek.

Tried multiple browsers and machines, using incognito/no extensions etc with no luck. I haven't been able to successfully edit any files at all.

I couldn't see any errors in the apache log on the Raspberry Pi but I'll add that line to the config file and try again.

Cheers.

puercoespin

Apr 3, 2014, 2:46:15 PM4/3/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
I have a similar problem...

With the latest  web2py_src (2.9.5), in localhost the web editor works as expected, but in my host, when i try to edit any file, i have the blank screen.

Looking into  javascript console from chrome developers tool, displays a lot of 404:
""
etc.

I don't understand why the browser is looking for a -2.9.5/ directory that don't exist

How can i fix it? thanks

Dave S

Apr 3, 2014, 3:30:51 PM4/3/14
to web...@googlegroups.com

I think this is how web2py deals with versioning of static files, in a way that updates browser caches reasonably.
Niphlod described this not long ago, in
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/web2py/e9H7renfH7U/C7VI3DFC0Z8J>
but it has been around for a while.

How can i fix it? thanks

What do you have in your routes.py?

/dps

puercoespin

Apr 3, 2014, 4:33:33 PM4/3/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
routes.py

routers = dict(

    # base router
    BASE=dict(
        default_application='egasolineras',
                applications = 'ALL',
                root_static = ['favicon.ico', 'robots.txt', 'sitemap.xml'],
                map_hyphen = True,
    ),
)

puercoespin

Apr 3, 2014, 5:33:22 PM4/3/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
After reading the links  you posted, i can see that my problem is in map_hyphen = True. In False, works well

But it's very important for me (and for Google) that my urls was with '-', and not with '_' . What can I do for compatibility the map_hyphen = True, with the versioning static files in web2py?

Thanks

James Ryan

Apr 6, 2014, 12:05:29 AM4/6/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Derek, thank you so much. Appending the line below that you suggested to /etc/apache2/apache2.conf has fixed it!

Header always append X-Frame-Options SAMEORIGIN

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Derek

Apr 8, 2014, 3:38:39 PM4/8/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
That's what I thought, the web editor is actually running in an iframe, and without that header, the webpage just refuses to load...

Trevor Strauss

Sep 16, 2014, 5:50:52 PM9/16/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
I'm having the as James upgraded from 2.8.2 to 2.9.9(11) now ...editor works fine on local dev box but on remote server running nginx the editor only allows viewing of new files.  Seems I can edit old files, but not new.

Any ideas???

Niphlod

Sep 18, 2014, 8:31:12 AM9/18/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
permissions ?!

Trevor Strauss

Sep 20, 2014, 1:58:40 PM9/20/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
No changes except upgrading....
Old files editor works
New files editor doesn’t work and the create button in the slide out is missing when in the editor

I'll check permissions, but the problem doesn't appear on dev instance which is running w2p webserver only on hosted instance nginx webserver

Sent from my BlackBerry
Sep 24, 2014, 3:00:05 PM9/24/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Permissions are all the same, any other thoughts?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "web2py-users" group.

Niphlod

Sep 24, 2014, 3:06:04 PM9/24/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
if locally it works and behind nginx it doesn't, it doesn't seem like something web2py dependant ...

Trevor Strauss

Sep 24, 2014, 4:21:23 PM9/24/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hear you, not saying it is but it could be since I made no nginx changes only an upgrade of web2py...

So there must be something that's changed with the way web2py interacts with nginx.

Sent from my BlackBerry
Sep 24, 2014, 6:16:29 PM9/24/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
How did you upgrade web2py? Is the nginx's user the same as the files in the web2py folder?

Trevor Strauss

Sep 26, 2014, 10:46:24 AM9/26/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi, upgraded through the admin console.  will check the user/file ownership but but think I recall them being the same when I checked file permissions.  Thanks for the help

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 6:16 PM, Leonel Câmara <leonel...@gmail.com> wrote:
How did you upgrade web2py? Is the nginx's user the same as the files in the web2py folder?

Trevor Strauss

Oct 1, 2014, 2:23:18 AM10/1/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
All files have the same ownership...other thoughts?

Trevor Strauss

Oct 31, 2014, 10:02:09 AM10/31/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to whoever denied my last question. Here it is...plus broke something today which allow me to view the file but have no idea what broke.  picture attached of style change ... someone must know?

The other missing item is the create button in the files toggle slide out....does this give anyone additional ideas?

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 2:36 PM, Trevor Strauss <trevor....@gmail.com> wrote:
The other missing item is the create button in the files toggle slide out....does this give anyone additional ideas?
Screen shot 2014-10-30 at 4.18.00 PM.png

Paolo Valleri

Oct 31, 2014, 10:46:15 AM10/31/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
something has not been loaded correctly, can you check the chrome developer console?