Event to detect when the file-writing finished

Jose Miguel Ibáñez

Feb 25, 2014, 1:28:50 PM2/25/14
to watchdo...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I was having a look at your wathdog protect and documentation, and it seems quite interesting.
You have an event for file creation, but could you tell me whether watchdog is able to detect when the file-writing finished ? (specially useful for large files).

Thanks in advance,
JM

John Graves

Feb 26, 2014, 6:00:30 PM2/26/14
to watchdo...@googlegroups.com
Looking for same solution. Apparently polling for file size changes has been the only way to tell that an upload has finished (stopped growing).
Message has been deleted

Tom Badura

May 8, 2014, 12:47:25 PM5/8/14
to watchdo...@googlegroups.com
It appears the issue was addressed and closed for the reason that watchdog was designed to be cross platform.  While IN_CLOSE_WRITE event is supported on Unix/Linux, this file writing finished event is not supported for other platforms.

Jose Miguel Ibáñez

May 8, 2014, 1:11:14 PM5/8/14
to watchdo...@googlegroups.com
Tom, Thanks for the info !

Jagoda Sokół

Dec 23, 2015, 2:38:33 AM12/23/15
to watchdog-python
Hi guys!

Do you have any idea how can I get information 'what' was written to file?
I mean I can only get information that 'File was modified', not this information: for example: "File was modified - 'test text blaaah blaah' was written to the file".

Can any one help?