compile vim with +browse

Renato Fabbri

Feb 24, 2018, 8:11:24 AM2/24/18
to vim...@googlegroups.com
I want to test this command, but I have to compile with with +browse,
and I can't find how.

cd src/
then ./configure --enable-browse, for example,
just says that it is not a recognized option,
as somewhat expected.

How to do this and how would have I found it?

Best,
R.

--
Renato Fabbri
GNU/Linux User #479299

Tony Mechelynck

Feb 24, 2018, 8:44:50 AM2/24/18
to vim...@googlegroups.com
":help +browse" has an N in the left margin, meaning this feature is
included in Normal and bigger builds.

Best regards,
Tony.

Renato Fabbri

Feb 24, 2018, 2:35:12 PM2/24/18
to vim_use
Em sábado, 24 de fevereiro de 2018 10:44:50 UTC-3, Tony Mechelynck escreveu:
> On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 2:11 PM, Renato Fabbri wrote:
> > I want to test this command, but I have to compile with with +browse,
> > and I can't find how.
> >
> > cd src/
> > then ./configure --enable-browse, for example,
> > just says that it is not a recognized option,
> > as somewhat expected.
> >
> > How to do this and how would have I found it?
> >
> > Best,
> > R.
> >
> > --
> > Renato Fabbri
> > GNU/Linux User #479299
> > labmacambira.sourceforge.net
>
> ":help +browse" has an N in the left margin, meaning this feature is
> included in Normal and bigger builds.
>
> Best regards,
> Tony.

thanks....

I compiled with gui and all is ok.
So it seems that removing gui makes a build
not Normal or bigger (although it
was a huge build).
New install is already over older install,
elsewise I would post :version here.
(but it is in one of my last messages here).

Tony Mechelynck

Feb 24, 2018, 6:32:00 PM2/24/18
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Apart from that N at ":help +browse", there is the following line at
":help :browse":

{only in Win32, Athena, Motif, GTK and Mac GUI}

which explains why non-GUI builds cannot ":browse"

Best regards,
Tony.

Renato Fabbri

Feb 24, 2018, 10:20:33 PM2/24/18
to vim...@googlegroups.com
tx++, I'll be vigilant for such remarks and for the worked-out notations.
Best regards,
r.

Best regards,
Tony.