E254?

Meino....@gmx.de

Apr 25, 2016, 11:11:01 PM4/25/16
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

with the updates of yesterday (or the day before?) I got a lot of this
output, which wasn't there before:

line 16:
E254: Cannot allocate color none
E254: Cannot allocate color none
line 17:
E254: Cannot allocate color none
line 18:
E254: Cannot allocate color none
line 19:
E254: Cannot allocate color none
E254: Cannot allocate color none
line 20:
E254: Cannot allocate color none
E254: Cannot allocate color none
line 21:
E254: Cannot allocate color none
E254: Cannot allocate color none
line 22:
E254: Cannot allocate color none
line 23:
E254: Cannot allocate color none
line 24:
E254: Cannot allocate color none
E254: Cannot allocate color none
line 25:
E254: Cannot allocate color none
line 29:
E254: Cannot allocate color none
line 30:
E254: Cannot allocate color none
line 32:
E254: Cannot allocate color none
line 34:
E254: Cannot allocate color none
line 35:
E254: Cannot allocate color none
line 36:
E254: Cannot allocate color none
line 37:
E254: Cannot allocate color none
line 38:
E254: Cannot allocate color none
line 39:
E254: Cannot allocate color none
line 40:
E254: Cannot allocate color none
line 41:
E254: Cannot allocate color none
E254: Cannot allocate color none
line 42:
E254: Cannot allocate color none
line 43:
E254: Cannot allocate color none
E254: Cannot allocate color none
line 44:
E254: Cannot allocate color none
E254: Cannot allocate color none
line 45:
E254: Cannot allocate color none
line 46:
E254: Cannot allocate color none
line 47:
E254: Cannot allocate color none
E254: Cannot allocate color none
line 48:
E254: Cannot allocate color none

I didn't changed .vimrc and Co. ...

After spiiting out this, vim works fine...

How can I fix it?

Best regards,
Meino

Christian Brabandt

Apr 26, 2016, 1:47:46 AM4/26/16
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Do you use the new guicolor setting? What colorscheme are you using?
Is the file rgb.txt in your $VIMRUNTIME available?

Best,
Christian

Meino....@gmx.de

Apr 26, 2016, 12:08:54 PM4/26/16
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Christian Brabandt <cbl...@256bit.org> [16-04-26 17:03]:
> Am 2016-04-26 05:10, schrieb Meino....@gmx.de:
> >Hi,
> >with the updates of yesterday (or the day before?) I got a lot of this
> >output, which wasn't there before:
> >line 16:
> >E254: Cannot allocate color none
> >E254: Cannot allocate color none
> >line 17:
> >E254: Cannot allocate color none
> >line 18:
> >E254: Cannot allocate color none

<snip>

> >E254: Cannot allocate color none
> >line 48:
> >E254: Cannot allocate color none
> >I didn't changed .vimrc and Co. ...
> >After spiiting out this, vim works fine...
> >How can I fix it?
>
> Do you use the new guicolor setting? What colorscheme are you using?
> Is the file rgb.txt in your $VIMRUNTIME available?
>
> Best,
> Christian
> --
> --

Hi Christian,

new gui-settings??? ;)
You are joking, man...vim? ***GUI***?
No way!
I am using vim on the console!
(all this with a big smile in my face! 8)

Or in more settled words:
No, I am not using gui-settings as far as I know.

The colorscheme is a modificated one...I have attached it to
this posting...

Best regards
Meino

mccphd.vim
mccphd.txt
phdmcc.vim

Nikolay Aleksandrovich Pavlov

Apr 26, 2016, 12:14:14 PM4/26/16
to vim...@googlegroups.com
&guicolors setting is for using gui colors *in the console*.

> Or in more settled words:
> No, I am not using gui-settings as far as I know.
>
> The colorscheme is a modificated one...I have attached it to
> this posting...
>
> Best regards
> Meino

Meino....@gmx.de

Apr 26, 2016, 12:24:47 PM4/26/16
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Nikolay Aleksandrovich Pavlov <zyx...@gmail.com> [16-04-26 18:20]:
Hi Nikolay,

OH YEAH! ;)
Where can I read more about it?

Best regards
Meino

Nikolay Aleksandrovich Pavlov

Apr 26, 2016, 1:01:53 PM4/26/16
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Every present setting is described in the Vim help.

Christian Brabandt

Apr 26, 2016, 1:03:44 PM4/26/16
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hi Meino.Cramer!
Well, you might want to read :h 'guicolors' if you updated your Vim
recently. You might want to tell us your version output additionally.
Also please check, that a file $VIMRUNTIME/rgb.txt is available. If you
previously compiled and installed your vim yourself, this file was not
installed, but it is needed by the guicolors feature. You might want to
check, if the 'guicolors' option has been set and where it is set using
:verbose set guicolors? (it is not set by default)

> Or in more settled words:
> No, I am not using gui-settings as far as I know.
>
> The colorscheme is a modificated one...I have attached it to
> this posting...

If it colornames such as DarkMagenta or Cornsilk and you are using Vim
with 'guicolors' set in the console and you are missing
$VIMRUNTIME/rgb.txt you will see such warnings.

Best,
Christian
--
Die Kraft der Seele wächst und festigt sich in dem Maße, als man die
Beschwerden mit Geduld erträgt.

Ken Takata

Apr 26, 2016, 7:59:02 PM4/26/16
to vim_use
Hi,

The option name 'guicolors' is totally confusing.
It should be renamed to 'termguicolors' or something else as discussed in
this thread: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/vim_dev/q2LuLFueRbE/discussion

> > Or in more settled words:
> > No, I am not using gui-settings as far as I know.
> >
> > The colorscheme is a modificated one...I have attached it to
> > this posting...
>
> If it colornames such as DarkMagenta or Cornsilk and you are using Vim
> with 'guicolors' set in the console and you are missing
> $VIMRUNTIME/rgb.txt you will see such warnings.

I saw the E254 error even without setting 'guicolors', when I used
+termtruecolor enabled vim and rgb.txt was not installed. Colorscheme was desert.
Installing rgb.txt should fix the E254 error. However, I think it's better
to avoid E254 when 'guicolors' is not set and rgb.txt is not installed.

Regards,
Ken Takata