:Termdebug config/startup to hide debugged program window

M Kelly

Oct 31, 2018, 5:09:27 AM10/31/18
to vim_use
Hi,
I am using :Termdebug and was wondering if there was a way to remove the:
2 #a? "debugged program [active]" line 0
window/buffer at start up.
I usually attach to a running process and do not use this window.
Can I somehow hide it automatically ?
thx always for the vim universe,
-m

Bram Moolenaar

Oct 31, 2018, 5:55:11 PM10/31/18
to vim...@googlegroups.com, M Kelly

M Kelly wrote:

> I am using :Termdebug and was wondering if there was a way to remove the:
> 2 #a? "debugged program [active]" line 0
> window/buffer at start up.
> I usually attach to a running process and do not use this window.
> Can I somehow hide it automatically ?

No, currently there is no option for it. But it makes sense.

I wonder how best to specify this. I suppose it depends on what you
want to debug, thus a global flag is not that useful. Some flag on the
:Termdebug command is probably more useful.

--
Linux is just like a wigwam: no Windows, no Gates and an Apache inside.

M Kelly

Oct 31, 2018, 8:29:56 PM10/31/18
to vim_use
> No, currently there is no option for it. But it makes sense.
>
> I wonder how best to specify this. I suppose it depends on what you
> want to debug, thus a global flag is not that useful. Some flag on the
> :Termdebug command is probably more useful.

Yes, that would be great.

thx,
-m

M Kelly

Nov 1, 2018, 12:46:42 PM11/1/18
to vim_use
Hi,

Is Termdebug a plug-in ?  If so, I will stare at it next week and see if I can figure something out here.

thx,
-m

---

Bram Moolenaar

Nov 1, 2018, 4:09:33 PM11/1/18
to vim...@googlegroups.com, M Kelly

> On Wed, Oct 31, 2018, 6:30 PM M Kelly <mckel...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > > No, currently there is no option for it. But it makes sense.
> > >
> > > I wonder how best to specify this. I suppose it depends on what you
> > > want to debug, thus a global flag is not that useful. Some flag on the
> > > :Termdebug command is probably more useful.
> >
> > Yes, that would be great.
>
> Is Termdebug a plug-in ? If so, I will stare at it next week and see if I
> can figure something out here.

Yes, it's a plugin under $VIMRUNTIME/pack/dist

--
GALAHAD: No. Look, I can tackle this lot single-handed!
GIRLS: Yes, yes, let him Tackle us single-handed!