":e" randomly splits in three windows and shows minibufexpl empty.

dza

Aug 21, 2013, 1:04:35 PM8/21/13
to vim...@googlegroups.com
hi guys, I've been using my vimrc for a few years and now suddenly when I type ":e file" my minibufexpl splits up in three windows like; http://i.imgur.com/ZTG5q17.png - it's quite random! Sometimes I can reopen vim and do two ":e" and minibufexpl shows as normal, but randomly it does this very annoying thing (usually when one file is open and :e is issued).

I've used minibufexpl for a few years and then I decided to install my latest vimrc to my Windows and this startet happening.

vimrc:
https://gist.github.com/dezza/2bbbdc5aae824b2b2fdb

Christian Brabandt

Aug 22, 2013, 2:49:16 PM8/22/13
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On Mi, 21 Aug 2013, dza wrote:

> hi guys, I've been using my vimrc for a few years and now suddenly
> when I type ":e file" my minibufexpl splits up in three windows like;
> http://i.imgur.com/ZTG5q17.png - it's quite random! Sometimes I can
> reopen vim and do two ":e" and minibufexpl shows as normal, but
> randomly it does this very annoying thing (usually when one file is
> open and :e is issued).
>
> I've used minibufexpl for a few years and then I decided to install my
> latest vimrc to my Windows and this startet happening.

My bet is some autocommand. Does that happen with :noa :e?
Do you have some suspicious Buf{Win}Leave or Buf{Win}Enter autocommands?

regards,
Christian
--
Die Presse ist f�r mich Druckerschw�rze auf Papier.
-- Otto von Bismarck

Christoffer Aasted

Aug 22, 2013, 3:25:43 PM8/22/13
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hello Christian and thanks for answering.

That's what I thought. I know you can test some auto-commands with
:debug wincmd p
and
:redir
:9verbose edit file.py
:redir END

There is probably other ways to verify or debug this step-by-step.

I made a verbose.log however:

If I remove all plugins except minibufexpl it works OK!

If I re-add "mru.vim" I can go to one :MRU choose buffer (ENTER), then type :e somefile.py and it does the same.

If I re-add "mru.vim" and :e twice nothing happens.

--
Die Presse ist für mich Druckerschwärze auf Papier.
                -- Otto von Bismarck

---

Christoffer Aasted

Aug 27, 2013, 7:48:23 PM8/27/13
to vim...@googlegroups.com
I think I've got a clue now.

Log on "wrong split behavior" https://gist.github.com/dezza/8f8a5d1932241c784f14

If I change the startdir to something else it seems to work (Not able to reproduce after several tries) ..

Can anyone confirm this ?