Default os shortcuts not working any more?

talk....@gmx.de

Jan 3, 2014, 5:12:00 PM1/3/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I recently updated to the 72 snapshot of macvim on osx mavericks and am now facing the problem, that some default os shortcuts like CMD+W (close window), CMD-N (open new window) or CMD-M (minimize to dock) are not working any more. It seems to me that they are mapped to something else. I have not changed anything concerning plugins or configuration. Maybe somebody knows how to change that? Or is it a bug or wanted behavior?

Thanks!

Joel Moberg

Jan 10, 2014, 2:14:57 PM1/10/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com

I think those mappings are bound using macmenu, see :h macm and make sure they are there first. CMD+W key should be <D-w> i believe.

talk....@gmx.de

Jan 11, 2014, 5:41:13 AM1/11/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for your answer!

":h :macm" only shows an error "Sorry, no help for macm". Does that mean my installation is missing a plugin or something like that? I also checked the gvimrc-file, and there are no custom mappings. Do you have another idea why the system mappings are gone?

Bye

Joel Moberg

Jan 11, 2014, 8:00:48 AM1/11/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com
I think you should reinstall, maybe via brew and see if this helps.

---

talk....@gmx.de

Jan 11, 2014, 3:31:55 PM1/11/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com

This was a very good suggestion. I removed macvim via macports and installed it again. After that I was able to use the shortcuts again :)

Thanks!