Re: New build snapshot?

björn

Jun 8, 2013, 4:27:30 AM6/8/13
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Jakub Turski wrote:

> Is there a chance to get a new snapshot of Macvim available for download? Preferably with Lua support compiled in and patch level above 7.3.885 so people can use https://github.com/Shougo/neocomplete.vim ? :)

I'm waiting for Vim 7.4 before I make a new snapshot. I don't intend
to add Lua support as this just complicates the build process, so you
should build your own version [1].

Björn

[1] https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Building

Bram Moolenaar

Jun 8, 2013, 6:56:41 AM6/8/13
to björn, vim...@googlegroups.com

Bj�rn wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Jakub Turski wrote:
> >
> > Is there a chance to get a new snapshot of Macvim available for download? Preferably with Lua support compiled in and patch level above 7.3.885 so people can use https://github.com/Shougo/neocomplete.vim ? :)
>
> I'm waiting for Vim 7.4 before I make a new snapshot. I don't intend
> to add Lua support as this just complicates the build process, so you
> should build your own version [1].
>
> Bj�rn
>
> [1] https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Building

I do hope you make a snapshot *before* the 7.4 release. So that
problems can be found and fixed. If you wait until 7.4 I'm sure there
will be bug reports and we thus have a less than perfect 7.4.

I'm still making lots of changes, hopefully in one or two weeks it is
time for a beta version.

107. When using your phone you forget that you don't have to use your
keyboard.

björn

Jun 8, 2013, 9:24:01 AM6/8/13
to Bram Moolenaar, vim...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

> Björn wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Jakub Turski wrote:
>> >
>> > Is there a chance to get a new snapshot of Macvim available for download? Preferably with Lua support compiled in and patch level above 7.3.885 so people can use https://github.com/Shougo/neocomplete.vim ? :)
>>
>> I'm waiting for Vim 7.4 before I make a new snapshot. I don't intend
>> to add Lua support as this just complicates the build process, so you
>> should build your own version [1].
>>
>> Björn
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Building
>
> I do hope you make a snapshot *before* the 7.4 release. So that
> problems can be found and fixed. If you wait until 7.4 I'm sure there
> will be bug reports and we thus have a less than perfect 7.4.
>
> I'm still making lots of changes, hopefully in one or two weeks it is
> time for a beta version.

Sure, I can make a snapshot for the/each beta version. How does that
sound Bram?

Björn

Douglas Drumond

Jun 12, 2013, 8:09:59 AM6/12/13
to vim...@googlegroups.com

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 1:27 AM, Hwee-Boon Yar <hwee...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure what's the custom, but if preview builds of OS X Mavericks can be at least partially supported, that'll be great.

I'm not sure if this is possible due to Apple's NDA. Anyway, that shouldn't be a problem, who has access to OS X Mavericks is an OS X developer anyway and should be able to build MacVim with no problems, unless Apple breaks something underneath.

--
Douglas Drumond
eee19.com

Hwee-Boon Yar

Jun 12, 2013, 9:10:31 AM6/12/13
to vim...@googlegroups.com
I tried to do a build with Mavericks earlier before I posted and had some errors regarding function declarations not matching. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with this and not sure if I can post the errors exactly due to the NDA :)

​I'll research a little bit more and see if I can work it out.

​Thanks.

Hwee-Boon
http://hboon.com

---