Vagrant with VMware Fusion Technology Preview

Trevor Roberts

Jul 21, 2013, 2:57:15 AM7/21/13
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone gotten Vagrant to run with the Fusion Technology Preview?  I understand that this release is not supported by Vagrant, but I'd like to run this release to work with Raring (Ubuntu 13.04).  VMware Fusion 5 doesn't support it yet, and when I tried to cobble together a Vagrant box for Fusion 5, the Folder Sharing did not work.

When I try vagrant up, I get the following message:

This provider only works with VMware Fusion 5.x. You have
Fusion ''. Please install the proper version of VMware
Fusion and try again.

Is there a way to, umm, encourage Vagrant to believe that I am running Fusion 5.0 or to not even check the version number?

Thanks,
Trevor

Mitchell Hashimoto

Jul 22, 2013, 1:29:35 AM7/22/13
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Trevor,

There is no way to force this.

Best,
Mitchell

Dave Martorana

Jul 25, 2013, 6:21:57 PM7/25/13
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Trevor!

We finally got a 13.04 box working on VMware Fusion 5.x. Deets are here, as is the dl link for the box:

Cheers,

Dave

Trevor Roberts

Jul 26, 2013, 12:33:46 PM7/26/13
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
That's great news, Dave!

Thank you so much for sharing.  If you have not done so already, would you consider reaching out to the http://www.vagrantbox.es/ folks so that they can list your work?

It would be great to help build the Fusion community for Vagrant.

Interestingly enough, I followed steps similar to what you listed, but I did them manually instead using the scripts.  The shared folders worked fine before I converted the VM to a box, but then vagrant up wasn't happy.

Glad you guys got past that barrier!

Thanks again,
Trevor

Dave Martorana

Jul 26, 2013, 3:22:55 PM7/26/13
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Trevor,

My only concern with that is the costs of hosting the box - each download would cost us around $0.15. Any thoughts on what might be a good place to host the download that would be cheaper than S3? I’d be happy to put it on vagrantbox.es.

Cheers,

Dave

Trevor Roberts

Jul 26, 2013, 6:00:24 PM7/26/13
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, that's a big concern!  Well, thank you for the 0.15 for my download. :-)  I'm not sure what would be a cheaper solution.  Maybe the site admins there can make a suggestion?