Issue trying to install vmware-workstation plugin on ubuntu 17.04

chro...@redhat.com

Oct 30, 2017, 11:04:33 AM10/30/17
to Vagrant
Hi,

I am getting this when trying to install the plugin

Thanks,

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Oct 30, 2017, 11:10:35 AM10/30/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hello

Can you please email sup...@hashicorp.com please.

Include the output of
vagrant version
vagrant plugin list
and try to install in debug mode and share verbose output

set VAGRANT_LOG=debug
vagrant plugin install ....

Thanks!
Alvaro.

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/49b796c9-be68-426d-a4fc-56ec2a20bdb7%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

Lucas Rangit Magasweran

Oct 30, 2017, 1:51:46 PM10/30/17
to Vagrant
On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 8:04:33 AM UTC-7, chro...@redhat.com wrote:
I am getting this when trying to install the plugin

Just above the first line that you posted, do you get this message? This is the message I get on Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit.

Invalid binary checksum detected. Removing file!

chro...@redhat.com

Oct 30, 2017, 2:00:32 PM10/30/17
to Vagrant
This is the full debug output

I had it working before but reinstalled my laptop and now it wont work

Lucas Rangit Magasweran

Oct 30, 2017, 2:07:57 PM10/30/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
We're seeing the same issue then.

If you re-installed your machine, maybe you enabled home directory encryption? I think there's a compatibility issue.

I'm using encryptfs and just tried changing $VAGRANT_HOME to /opt/vagrant.d (sudo chown $USER: /opt/vagrant.d) and the plugin installed!

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Vagrant" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/f22d4d92-2436-4e6b-8653-f108adf46c7d%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

chro...@redhat.com