Searching for patents with applicant's address

Justin Miller

Jan 16, 2014, 2:25:16 PM1/16/14
to user--petap...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to use the USPTO's advanced search to locate patents filed in nearby cities. I would like to be able to export these patents with the physical address of the assignee or inventor. I imagine this is not possible because I don't think the USPTO catalogs that info in a searchable format, but leaves buried in the file wrapper.

I appreciate any input on this this.

Kenneth Yip

Jan 16, 2014, 9:37:50 PM1/16/14
to user--petap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Justin,

Do you want the complete address or just the city name?  For the complete address, will need to go to the file wrapper from Public PAIR to download the document and perform OCR to extract the info.  If the city name is enough, perhaps you can write a macro in Excel to automate the process?

Thanks

Kenneth

Justin Miller

Jan 17, 2014, 8:42:45 AM1/17/14
to user--petap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kenneth,

Ok, I was afraid that the only way to get the full address was through the file wrapper. I will do that, thank you!

Justin