February Open Gov Working Group meeting

Meredith Stewart

Feb 17, 2016, 1:26:44 PM2/17/16
to US Open Government, Zarek, Corinna, Wright, Pamela
Hi!

The February Open Government Working Group meeting will be this coming Tuesday at the National Archives in Washington (or via call-in). Civil society colleagues are invited to sit in on this quarterly meeting. If you plan to join, please reply off-list to let me know and indicate whether you will come in person or plan to call in (I will send you call in information at that time). Please see the agenda below.

Interagency Open Government Working Group
Tuesday, February 23
1 p.m
National Archives Jefferson Room

Agenda
  • U.S. Digital Registry: We'll hear about the launch of this tool and impact it is having on public engagement
  • Federal Crowdsourcing and Citizen Science (CCS) Toolkit: We will hear from the CCS Community of Practice and see a demo of the toolkit.
  • History Hub: NARA will demo this new pilot project.
  • Agency 2016 Open Government Plans: Agencies will publish updated Open Gov Plans by June 1, 2016. The Administration will issue new guidance for the plans.
  • NAP 2.0 Final Reporting
  • Upcoming Events & 2016 Sunshine Week: Share your information about upcoming events.
  • Next meeting: May 24, 2016 (followed by August 23, and November 15)
Thanks!

Meredith Stewart
Office of Innovation
National Archives and Records Administration

Meredith Stewart

Feb 25, 2016, 12:39:01 PM2/25/16
to US Open Government, Zarek, Corinna, Wright, Pamela
Thanks to everyone who joined us for our jam-packed February Open Gov meeting on Tuesday. Here is the recap:

Interagency Open Government Working Group

Tuesday, Feb. 23, 1 p.m.

  • U.S. Digital Registry: Justin Herman (Justin...@gsa.gov) described the launch of the U.S. Digital Registry, including the agile development of the API for users to confirm the validity of official US government digital platforms. Justin described some potential future uses of the data. See attached slides to learn more.

  • History Hub: Pamela Wright (pamela...@nara.gov) and Meredith Stewart (meredith...@nara.gov) described NARA's newest online pilot where the public can ask questions about historical topics, access to records, and feedback on the agency's Open Government Plan. Check out History Hub and see the attached slides.

  • Agency 2016 Open Government Plans: Agencies will publish updated Open Gov Plans by June 1, 2016. The Administration will issue new guidance for the plans in March. We heard from agencies and civil society that they would like to have the opportunity to do the college fair-style consultation sessions, beyond direct consultation that agencies will do as they develop their plans.

  • NAP 2.0 Final Reporting: The U.S. is on track to publish its own final report on the second National Action Plan by the end of March. OpentheGovernment.org published the civil society progress report on February 17. Contact Jesse Franzblau (jfran...@openthegovernment.org) if you would like to discuss their review of NAP 2.0 commitments. Additionally, the IRM researcher, Suzanne Piotrowski (spio...@scarletmail.rutgers.edu), the U.S. Independent Review Mechanism researcher, will be completing her final assessment of the NAP 2.0. Please contact her if you have any final feedback.

Thanks!
Meredith

Meredith Stewart

Office of Innovation

National Archives and Records Administration

USDigitalRegistryAPI.pdf
CCS presentation to open gov working group 2.23.16 (2).pdf
NARA History Hub.pdf