tracks looking bad, no graphics shown etc

Visto 50 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Mario Ganz

no leída,
25 jul 2017, 15:10:4025/7/17
a TracksApp
I just installed tracks on a shared host (uberspace) and it is working.
But it seems no css, js or whatever there is, is loading. so the site actually looks like plain text.

What can I do? And what can I provide to get help?

Matt Rogers

no leída,
25 jul 2017, 15:21:1825/7/17
a TracksApp
Are you able to run the asset precompilation steps? Basically, you need to run `bundle exec rake assets:precompile` from a shell on your shared host in order for the assets to work correctly.

Hope this helps!
--
Matt

Mario Ganz

no leída,
25 jul 2017, 15:29:1325/7/17
a TracksApp
That is actually what I was doing already. But it did not help anything.

Mario Ganz

no leída,
25 jul 2017, 15:31:3325/7/17
a TracksApp
I am finding this message while running your precompile command

rake aborted!
Sprockets::FileNotFound: couldn't find file 'jquery-ui/autocomplete' with type 'application/javascript'

Am Dienstag, 25. Juli 2017 21:10:40 UTC+2 schrieb Mario Ganz:

Matt Rogers

no leída,
25 jul 2017, 23:40:0525/7/17
a TracksApp
Hmm. I don't recall seeing that before. Which version of Tracks are you running?

Mario

no leída,
26 jul 2017, 3:41:0726/7/17
a TracksApp

Oh it is 2.4 devel.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "TracksApp" group.

Mario

no leída,
26 jul 2017, 10:51:4726/7/17
a TracksApp
Allright, I switched to 2.3 and everything went through smoothly. Though, it still looks like no graphics are working. I did the assets precompile and have set this option: config.serve_static_assets = true.

its still like this:
image.png

Matt Rogers

no leída,
29 jul 2017, 23:03:2729/7/17
a TracksApp
hmm. do you have the ability to post your apache or nginx config (whichever one your shared hoster uses)? Also, what sort of errors do you get in your browser's devtools since all the CSS, javascript, and images are missing?

Thanks!
--
Matt

Craig Anderson

no leída,
14 oct 2017, 12:04:0214/10/17
a TracksApp
I'm also seeing a text only site. Particulars on the install. Running local with WEBrick.

Using https://github.com/TracksApp/tracks/archive/v2.3.0.zip, Ruby 2.3.5,sqlite3.

bundle install

bundle exec rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV=production

bundle exec rake assets:precompile RAILS_ENV=production

bundle exec rails server -e production

Craig Anderson

no leída,
14 oct 2017, 12:14:3814/10/17
a TracksApp
 Firebug net log shows:

 GET accept-3638c60b8c77e5736364fd6ef6a7e01f.png
404 Not Found

GET application-50dc2afd7f76c40d1d7f6735e6a3cc6d.css
404 Not Found

GET application-923474fb4e493f109ed67ad5f44c852c.js
404 Not Found

GET blank-73b0ec9d5a52094b2856db8ee3840a4e.png
404 Not Found

GET blank-73b0ec9d5a52094b2856db8ee3840a4e.png
404 Not Found

GET print-68e7bd23c2feb9302b4ea7f247057af8.css
404 Not Found

GET system-search-3e441ee3f211c4c582e7591b5f73fd36.png
404 Not Found

GET system-search-3e441ee3f211c4c582e7591b5f73fd36.png
404 Not Found

Matt Rogers

no leída,
14 oct 2017, 12:47:1314/10/17
a TracksApp
Please make sure the serve static assets value in config/environment/production.rb is set to true if you’re using webrick locally

Thanks!

Matt

Craig Anderson

no leída,
14 oct 2017, 13:11:1514/10/17
a TracksApp

On Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 10:47:13 AM UTC-6, Matt Rogers wrote:
Please make sure the serve static assets value in config/environment/production.rb is set to true if you’re using webrick locally

Thanks!

Matt

Made the change and the site looks fine. Thank you.

Craig Anderson

no leída,
15 oct 2017, 17:29:1215/10/17
a TracksApp

On Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 10:47:13 AM UTC-6, Matt Rogers wrote:
Please make sure the serve static assets value in config/environment/production.rb is set to true if you’re using webrick locally

Thanks!

Matt

Careless reading on my part. This is documented in the installation guide.
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos