Resolved: TLA toolbox crash/segfault complaining of libsoup on Linux

Gad Amir

Nov 1, 2014, 7:46:42 PM11/1/14
to tla...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I've started using toolbox today and encountered frequent crashes in response to various actions,
the eclipse version (3.7.1) the Toolbox is founded upon has an incompatibility with later versions
of one of its dependencies -- libsoup.  I was able to track this down a resolved issue on the Eclipse bug-tracker:

The fix is available only in Eclipse 4.3+, but users of the toolbox who are suffering similar
issues can employ the suggested workaround which I can confirm as sufficient on Fedora 20.

Adding the following line to toolbox.ini:

-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.DefaultType=mozilla

Gad

mateus....@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2015, 12:02:16 PM4/5/15
to tla...@googlegroups.com, gad....@mail.com
Thanks! I had to do this and export UBUNTU_MENUPROXY=0 to get it to work on Fedora 21.

Stephan Merz

Apr 5, 2015, 12:07:10 PM4/5/15
to tla...@googlegroups.com
As mentioned in a reply by Markus Kuppe to a similar report, you may want to consider using the development version of the Toolbox, available at http://tla.msr-inria.inria.fr/kuppe/e4/products/. It is based on a current version of Eclipse and contains various improvements, in particular a new version of TLC that fixes a long-standing problem concerning counter-examples produced for liveness properties.

Stephan
> --

Stephan Merz

Markus Alexander Kuppe

Apr 5, 2015, 12:29:37 PM4/5/15
to tla...@googlegroups.com
On 05.04.2015 18:07, Stephan Merz wrote:
> As mentioned in a reply by Markus Kuppe to a similar report, you may
> want to consider using the development version of the Toolbox,
> available at http://tla.msr-inria.inria.fr/kuppe/e4/products/. It is
> based on a current version of Eclipse and contains various
> improvements, in particular a new version of TLC that fixes a
> long-standing problem concerning counter-examples produced for
> liveness properties.

Hi,

a minor correction: The most up-to-date and stable toolbox is at [1].
[2] is a development branch build which has all the changes that are in
[1] and additional fixes for liveness checking. However, I consider it
less "stable".

Markus

[1] http://tla.msr-inria.inria.fr/tlatoolbox/ci/products/
[2] http://tla.msr-inria.inria.fr/kuppe/liveness/products/

Mateus Braga

Apr 5, 2015, 1:42:54 PM4/5/15
to tla...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! [1] opened without any extra steps in Fedora 21.

Mateus Braga

Dr. Tianxiang Lu

Apr 18, 2015, 7:25:37 AM4/18/15
to tla...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

the toolbox download page doesn't work.

is there any alternative download link for getting the stable versions?

Best regards,
Ti

Stephan Merz

Apr 18, 2015, 11:59:43 AM4/18/15
to tla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tianxiang,

the virtual server appears to have crashed. I filed a ticket with the system administrators yesterday and hope that the issue will soon be resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience
Stephan

Markus Alexander Kuppe

Apr 18, 2015, 3:56:14 PM4/18/15
to tla...@googlegroups.com
On 18.04.2015 13:25, Dr. Tianxiang Lu wrote:
> the toolbox download page doesn't work.
> https://tla.msr-inria.inria.fr/tlatoolbox/products/
>
> is there any alternative download link for getting the stable versions?

Hi Ti,

we don't have a download location for the stable version available right
now. For the record though, the current beta version can be download
from [1]. Our plan is to release it soon.

HTH
Markus

[1] https://bugzilla.tlaplus.net/tlatoolbox/

Markus Alexander Kuppe

Apr 18, 2015, 5:11:43 PM4/18/15
to tla...@googlegroups.com
On 18.04.2015 13:25, Dr. Tianxiang Lu wrote:
> is there any alternative download link for getting the stable versions?

Hi,

the official download location is back online [1]. A mirror [2]
(including tlaps [3]) is available too now. Both have the stable Toolbox
version.

Markus

[1] http://tla.msr-inria.inria.fr/tlatoolbox/products/
[2] https://bugzilla.tlaplus.net/tlatoolbox/