How to run TLA+ ToolBox model checking from command line?

872 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

jarr...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
14.11.2017, 07:44:2914.11.17
an tlaplus
I write a TLA+ script, but it seems too slow for model checking in my laptop, even in the multithread mode. So I want to run it in a Linux server which do not have a GUI. Anybody know how to run model checking from command line?
Thx.

Stephan Merz

ungelesen,
14.11.2017, 07:54:3414.11.17
an tla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jarry,

at the bottom of the TLA+ tools page [1] you'll find a short description on how to use the tools from the command line. If you have any questions that are not answered there, please come back here.

Regards,
Stephan

[1] http://lamport.azurewebsites.net/tla/tools.html

> On 14 Nov 2017, at 13:42, jarr...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> I write a TLA+ script, but it seems too slow for model checking in my laptop, even in the multithread mode. So I want to run it in a Linux server which do not have a GUI. Anybody know how to run model checking from command line?
> Thx.
>
> --

ma...@lytics.io

ungelesen,
14.11.2017, 09:35:1114.11.17
an tlaplus
On Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 4:44:29 AM UTC-8, jarr...@gmail.com wrote:
> I write a TLA+ script, but it seems too slow for model checking in my laptop, even in the multithread mode. So I want to run it in a Linux server which do not have a GUI. Anybody know how to run model checking from command line?
> Thx.

Hi Jarry,

I just have this shell script in my PATH:

#! /bin/bash

export CLASSPATH=/home/marek/tla

java tlc2.TLC $@

I can then run the checker like so:

$ tlc DieHard.tla
TLC2 Version 2.08 of 21 December 2015
Running in Model-Checking mode.
Parsing file DieHard.tla
Parsing file /home/marek/tla/tla2sany/StandardModules/Integers.tla
Parsing file /home/marek/tla/tla2sany/StandardModules/TLC.tla
Parsing file /home/marek/tla/tla2sany/StandardModules/Naturals.tla
Parsing file /home/marek/tla/tla2sany/StandardModules/Sequences.tla

The directory /home/marek/tla is just the unarchived java files of the tools:

$ ls /home/marek/tla/
com examples javax License.txt META-INF model pcal README tla2sany
tla2tex tla2tools.jar tlc2 util

I hope that is helpful.

-Marek

jarr...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
18.12.2017, 01:34:3018.12.17
an tlaplus
Hi, Stephan
I run the raft protocol specification from Diego Ongaro's Ph.D. dissertation. Now I use a server and run 20 threads in parallel. After 3 hours, it still keeps running.
How can I estimate how long will it take for a complex spec. Or how to reduce the time consuming?
PS: The symmetry sets optimization does not help a lot.
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten
0 neue Nachrichten