Groups
Groups
Sign in
Groups
Groups
tlaplus
Conversations
About
Send feedback
Help
Group path
tlaplus
Contact owners and managers
1–30 of 1684
This is a discussion group for users of the TLA+ specification language, the PlusCal algorithm language, and their associated tools.
To find out about the languages and tools, see
The TLA Home Page
Posts by non-members are moderated.
We encourage you to join the group.
Mark all as read
Report group
0 selected
Giuliano Losa
9:21 PM
Call for Talks: FRIDA 2027 @ POPL 2027 - Formal Reasoning in Distributed Algorithms (deadline 6 Nov)
------------------------------------------------------------------ FRIDA @ POPL 2027 - 13th Workshop
unread,
Call for Talks: FRIDA 2027 @ POPL 2027 - Formal Reasoning in Distributed Algorithms (deadline 6 Nov)
------------------------------------------------------------------ FRIDA @ POPL 2027 - 13th Workshop
9:21 PM
Chris Ortiz
, …
Filip Schmole
9
3:17 PM
What is the plan for Distributed PlusCal?
Hi TLA+ Foundation and Stephan, I forgot to follow up last April for what is the plan to integrate
unread,
What is the plan for Distributed PlusCal?
Hi TLA+ Foundation and Stephan, I forgot to follow up last April for what is the plan to integrate
3:17 PM
Taylor Waggoner
,
Markus Kuppe
2
Oct 6
2026 TLA+ Community Survey
Thanks, Taylor, for driving this. If you use or contribute to TLA+, please take a few minutes to fill
unread,
2026 TLA+ Community Survey
Thanks, Taylor, for driving this. If you use or contribute to TLA+, please take a few minutes to fill
Oct 6
sbublitz24
,
Stephan Merz
3
Oct 6
Do Constraints Confuse Properties? Sources
Hello Stephan, thank you very much, this is indeed helpful. TLC gives a warning when combining
unread,
Do Constraints Confuse Properties? Sources
Hello Stephan, thank you very much, this is indeed helpful. TLC gives a warning when combining
Oct 6
sbublitz24
Oct 2
Do Constraints Confuse Properties?
Hello to all, receiving a success message from TLC for a spec I wrote was confusing. I was sure a
unread,
Do Constraints Confuse Properties?
Hello to all, receiving a success message from TLC for a spec I wrote was confusing. I was sure a
Oct 2
Chris Ortiz
,
Markus Kuppe
5
Sep 30
TLA+ Specs of TLA+ Tools like TLC, TLaTeX, etc.
Again, thank you very much, Markus. This is very interesting. On Monday, September 28, 2026 at 9:38:
unread,
TLA+ Specs of TLA+ Tools like TLC, TLaTeX, etc.
Again, thank you very much, Markus. This is very interesting. On Monday, September 28, 2026 at 9:38:
Sep 30
Andrew Helwer
Sep 26
Can we have reachability properties in TLA⁺?
Surprisingly (or unsurprisingly, depending on how much of Lamport's writing you've read) the
unread,
Can we have reachability properties in TLA⁺?
Surprisingly (or unsurprisingly, depending on how much of Lamport's writing you've read) the
Sep 26
Andrew Helwer
,
Jon M
3
Sep 18
Recent issues posting
Hey Andrew, I briefly met you grabbing a coffee at the hotel waiting for the Software Should Work
unread,
Recent issues posting
Hey Andrew, I briefly met you grabbing a coffee at the hotel waiting for the Software Should Work
Sep 18
Gregory Terzian
Sep 3
Web engine using TLA+
Hello TLA+ user group! I'd like to share my latest little use case for our favorite formal
unread,
Web engine using TLA+
Hello TLA+ user group! I'd like to share my latest little use case for our favorite formal
Sep 3
Abib Duut
,
Stephan Merz
2
Aug 30
Idiomatic TLA⁺ for 'environment returns to good regime infinitely often
Hello, using an environment action together with a suitable (probably weak) fairness hypothesis
unread,
Idiomatic TLA⁺ for 'environment returns to good regime infinitely often
Hello, using an environment action together with a suitable (probably weak) fairness hypothesis
Aug 30
Jon M
Aug 28
Consider transitioning from Google Groups to Flarum (or similar)
I find a forum interface more conducive to finding the most relevant topic/discussion without adding
unread,
Consider transitioning from Google Groups to Flarum (or similar)
I find a forum interface more conducive to finding the most relevant topic/discussion without adding
Aug 28
saeed Farokhi
2
Aug 26
World 7 v0.2 — persistent-agent recovery invariants and TLA+ review path
Hello TLA+ community, A brief technical update since my World 7 v0.2 note: the architecture has now
unread,
World 7 v0.2 — persistent-agent recovery invariants and TLA+ review path
Hello TLA+ community, A brief technical update since my World 7 v0.2 note: the architecture has now
Aug 26
Abib Duut
Aug 24
Re-framing an earlier question: idiom for a Markov-modulated environment alongside a protocol spec
Hi all, I posted a longer version of this a couple of weeks ago that didn't get much traction — I
unread,
Re-framing an earlier question: idiom for a Markov-modulated environment alongside a protocol spec
Hi all, I posted a longer version of this a couple of weeks ago that didn't get much traction — I
Aug 24
saeed Farokhi
Aug 16
Review request: minimal TLA+ model for persistent-agent recovery invariants
Hello TLA+ community, Taylor Waggoner at the Linux Foundation suggested that this mailing list would
unread,
Review request: minimal TLA+ model for persistent-agent recovery invariants
Hello TLA+ community, Taylor Waggoner at the Linux Foundation suggested that this mailing list would
Aug 16
sbublitz24
, …
sbublitz24
3
Aug 15
TLA+ slides
Hello Stephan, thank you for the information. I have to check for accessible web sites. Best,
unread,
TLA+ slides
Hello Stephan, thank you for the information. I have to check for accessible web sites. Best,
Aug 15
Brian Curtin
,
Markus Kuppe
3
Aug 12
New VSCode debugger setup, unsure what's missing
Ah, easy enough. I guess I glossed over the command palette piece...this is now working well. Thanks!
unread,
New VSCode debugger setup, unsure what's missing
Ah, easy enough. I guess I glossed over the command palette piece...this is now working well. Thanks!
Aug 12
Abib Duut
Aug 10
Help wanted: modelling stochastic GST as a Markov chain stopping time in TLA+
I'm working on a research spec called SynodEnergy, which extends classical Paxos (Synod) with an
unread,
Help wanted: modelling stochastic GST as a Markov chain stopping time in TLA+
I'm working on a research spec called SynodEnergy, which extends classical Paxos (Synod) with an
Aug 10
Austin Vocals
3
Aug 10
Review requested: source-to-TLA+ correspondence and invariants for a small protocol
Hello, Small correction to my previous update: the published release tag is `1.0`, not `v1.0`.
unread,
Review requested: source-to-TLA+ correspondence and invariants for a small protocol
Hello, Small correction to my previous update: the published release tag is `1.0`, not `v1.0`.
Aug 10
Jeff Trull
,
Hillel Wayne
3
Jul 24
Checking the equivalence of two formulas (video 9a)
One of my experiments was to define a formula Equiv == (Spec1 <=> Spec2) in the .tla file and
unread,
Checking the equivalence of two formulas (video 9a)
One of my experiments was to define a formula Equiv == (Spec1 <=> Spec2) in the .tla file and
Jul 24
Taylor Waggoner
, …
Markus Kuppe
10
Jul 21
Join us at the next TLA+ Outreach Committee meeting on December 18
A friendly reminder that the next Outreach Committee meeting [1] will start in about 30mins at 8:00
unread,
Join us at the next TLA+ Outreach Committee meeting on December 18
A friendly reminder that the next Outreach Committee meeting [1] will start in about 30mins at 8:00
Jul 21
Illia Rochev
,
Neil Talap
3
Jul 20
Temporal collisions in at-least-once message brokers — formal verification with TLA+ templates
Hi Neil, Thank you for the sharp critique — these are important points worth addressing. On “horribly
unread,
Temporal collisions in at-least-once message brokers — formal verification with TLA+ templates
Hi Neil, Thank you for the sharp critique — these are important points worth addressing. On “horribly
Jul 20
Petru Mirzenco
, …
Younes
5
Jul 14
Specifying a multimodal AI orchestrator in TLA+ before implementation
Thank you for all who had interest. I sent the writing through private messaging. Adding some more
unread,
Specifying a multimodal AI orchestrator in TLA+ before implementation
Thank you for all who had interest. I sent the writing through private messaging. Adding some more
Jul 14
abdallah kerim
,
Stephan Merz
3
Jul 9
Viewing Discharged Proof Obligations in Toolbox
Thank you Stephan Le jeudi 9 juillet 2026 à 13:42:27 UTC+1, Stephan Merz a écrit : Unless there are
unread,
Viewing Discharged Proof Obligations in Toolbox
Thank you Stephan Le jeudi 9 juillet 2026 à 13:42:27 UTC+1, Stephan Merz a écrit : Unless there are
Jul 9
Neil Talap
,
Stephan Merz
2
Jul 7
I have a dilemma, ROCQ or TLA+
Hi Neil, having to decide between two different techniques for formal verification may be seen as a
unread,
I have a dilemma, ROCQ or TLA+
Hi Neil, having to decide between two different techniques for formal verification may be seen as a
Jul 7
Andrew Helwer
, …
Neil Talap
6
Jun 17
Request for comment: adding EXPECT statements to model files
Super nice! I bet it's going to be a meme in the future, Zed is just like OCaml will too. They
unread,
Request for comment: adding EXPECT statements to model files
Super nice! I bet it's going to be a meme in the future, Zed is just like OCaml will too. They
Jun 17
Ahmed E
Jun 15
Looking for Research/Study Groups/Partner
Hi , Anyone interested in Formal Verification/Analysis of Web/Network Protocols from a security/
unread,
Looking for Research/Study Groups/Partner
Hi , Anyone interested in Formal Verification/Analysis of Web/Network Protocols from a security/
Jun 15
Stephan Merz
,
Andrew Helwer
2
Jun 10
Request for comment: CASE expressions
- Did you assume that CASE expressions evaluated their branches sequentially? Yes, I assumed they
unread,
Request for comment: CASE expressions
- Did you assume that CASE expressions evaluated their branches sequentially? Yes, I assumed they
Jun 10
Chris Newcombe
, …
Markus Kuppe
4
Jun 8
Introductions
Also at https://conf.tlapl.us/2012/ > On Jun 8, 2026, at 3:19 AM, Alex Hajjar <alexandre.hajjar
unread,
Introductions
Also at https://conf.tlapl.us/2012/ > On Jun 8, 2026, at 3:19 AM, Alex Hajjar <alexandre.hajjar
Jun 8
Quentin DELAMEA
, …
Shane Miller
5
May 29
Questions About TLC: Parallelism Efficiency, Caching Behavior, and Java Overloading for State-Dependent Operators
Hi Shane, Thank you for your response! If I have a correct understanding: BFS construction and
unread,
Questions About TLC: Parallelism Efficiency, Caching Behavior, and Java Overloading for State-Dependent Operators
Hi Shane, Thank you for your response! If I have a correct understanding: BFS construction and
May 29
Shane Miller
May 22
User Guide to Model Checking for Industrial Programmers with TLA+
This is a quick note that the examples in: https://github.com/gshanemiller/tla-examples together with
unread,
User Guide to Model Checking for Industrial Programmers with TLA+
This is a quick note that the examples in: https://github.com/gshanemiller/tla-examples together with
May 22