Seeking suggestions for my use case

Prestige

Nov 15, 2020, 8:25:37 AM11/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello all!
     First of all, wish you all a happy festive season (as it is here in India). I use TiddlyWiki is for my notes and use ANKI for Spaced repetition. I wanted to put forward my use case, and seek suggestions from anyone and everyone :)

Current Requirement:
  1. Multi-Device Access
    1. Since I use Android and Ipad along with PC, it would be beneficial if I can read and/or edit my wiki on any of these devices.
    2. Currently, I use a bulky way to do so. Sync on Github (single file) -- It doesn't feel feasible as my wiki already going big.
  2. ANKI Sync
    1. I found that there is a plugin called 'TiddlyRemember' which seems to fit my use.
    2. But it needs to TW to be installed on the node and if I do that I will lose the cross-platform editing capability.
    3. I am willing to make sync on the PC, but I would love to keep the multi-device access. I don't know how to work it out.
  3. Export my notes
    1. I would be great if I could export my tiddlers/notes in some format like Markdown.
    2. Also, if it's possible can I, somehow, make my notes to be available in my 'tiddlers' folder as markdown files instead of .tids?
  4. Backlinks of course.
    1. I see that TiddlyResearch uses TiddlyRemember and Backlinking quite well.
    2. Also, there is a plugin someone mentioned here which can help create cards while annotating!! I couldn't find it yet. But I wonder if it works with TiddlyResearch?
  5. Free?!

From what I can see from my own points above, I basically have problems in setting up Tiddlywiki on Node while making it accessible to all my devices (Maybe through Github).

I will try installing TW on the node with TiddlyResearch and TiddlyRemember and get back here :)
Please help me if possible to make it cross-platform.

THANKS for reading a rather long post.

Regards,
Prestige

si

Nov 16, 2020, 1:57:24 PM11/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
I don't know much about using TiddlyWiki on node.js, but I think you can run it on Android using termux.

>>> But it needs to TW to be installed on the node and if I do that I will lose the cross-platform editing capability.

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking here, but TiddlyRemember should work with both single file or node.js versions.

>>> Also, there is a plugin someone mentioned here which can help create cards while annotating!! I couldn't find it yet. But I wonder if it works with TiddlyResearch?

That would be the dynannotate plugin. You can get it from the official plugin repository by clicking "Get more plugins" in the control panel of your wiki. I don't know of any reason that it wouldn't work with TiddlyResearch, but I'm no expert.

soren.b...@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2020, 12:04:36 PM11/20/20
to TiddlyWiki
Author of TiddlyRemember here. Si is correct, you don't have to host your wiki on Node. You just have to have TiddlyWiki's Node version installed on your computer, so that TiddlyRemember can process your single-file wiki and extract the Anki questions.

Dummy ME

Nov 20, 2020, 5:09:04 PM11/20/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Oh yes, my bad. It was clearly mentioned in the guides. :)