Popup transclusion problem, TiddlyWiki vs static html

David Gifford

May 8, 2020, 9:24:02 AM5/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi all

I recently came up with a way to transclude tiddlers within popups in a way that works when exporting tiddlers to static htmls.

Now I realize there is a problem: I tested the popup on its own line, but not within a paragraph. Within a paragraph, since the solution is a <div>, it breaks the paragraph and the link appears below on a separate line. Here is the original snippet:

I tried changing the outer <div> to a <span> twice, once with the inner div, and once with the inner as a span. But in both cases, the transclusion happens on the page, not as a popup.

I even tried changing the stylesheet $:/.giffmex/.Stylesheet4popups tooltip from display:inline-block to display:inline.

Any ideas? Is the problem found in one of the static shadow tiddlers? Or am I doing something wrong? Or is the very <div> that makes it work on a separate line in static HTML also the thing that keeps it from working within a paragraph?

I was pleased that I came up with something viable for Anne-Laure and her subscribers, who are using these popups in their "mind gardens", but now am disappointed it is not working as planned. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Anne-Laure Le Cunff

May 8, 2020, 9:34:15 AM5/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
Oops, my tutorial has the pop up on content that's on its own separate line, so I didn't notice the problem. Following this conversation with interest.

David Gifford

May 11, 2020, 4:01:52 PM5/11/20
to TiddlyWiki
bump. Didn't get an answer. By email Yoni Balkind said it looks like the static exporter is closing the <p> before the <div>. Any ideas?

Peter Buyze

May 13, 2020, 8:26:34 AM5/13/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
David,

I see there is no answer to this (yet?). I wonder if this could be causing my transclusion problem.

8 May 2020, 16:24 by dgif...@crcna.org:

TonyM

May 13, 2020, 9:02:02 AM5/13/20
to TiddlyWiki
Peter

Rather than using div or span which is already part of the overall layout could you use the section tag. With css you can get any html tag to behave like any other tag using display or targeting a particular parameter. See my recent post on paragraphs, I am using a whitespace attribute from the code tag css.

Regards
Tony

Peter Buyze

May 13, 2020, 9:15:11 AM5/13/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
TonyM,

But that is more about paragraphs, I don't see how it relates to my very simple composite tiddler lay-out as per my OP here https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/GmnzREqQ0zQ/4hYSuzk3AwAJ

Anyway, it is probably best not to mix 2 threads, so maybe you can answer my question in the 2nd link.

13 May 2020, 16:02 by anthony...@gmail.com:

David Gifford

May 13, 2020, 9:37:11 AM5/13/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Tony

I tried using a section tag for the toolip, and indicating it in the Stylesheet to display inline. Same result as div and span. It drops the link down to the next line.

I tried changing the tooltiptext to a span, and it displayed the full text of the transcluded tiddler in the text of the current tiddler.

TonyM

May 13, 2020, 9:55:33 AM5/13/20
to TiddlyWiki
David,

Sorry not sure I can help.

My only though is either the transcluded tiddler has an unmatched pair eg `<p> and no </p>` etc..., or quotes etc...
Or you method of using css for tooltips and popups is not correct, I do not know how that works sorry.

Regards
Tony

Julio Peña

May 14, 2020, 12:24:33 AM5/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello David,

I hope you find yourself well. Hey, I was testing your work on my site.
One thing I decided to do was change the linked and unlinked icons as
it seems you used to existing icons for the editor toolbar. This was a tad confusing to me.

So I went ahead and created two for that purpose:

$:/user/images/popup-link
$:/user/images/popup-unlink

If you go to the "Featured samples" tab you will find their respective links there.

If you find them usable...go grab them!

Blessings,
Julio

David Gifford

May 14, 2020, 6:29:59 AM5/14/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Cool! Thanks Julio. I have a lot on my plate right now, but will add those to the popup page.

The main problem is that the popups don't work inline.

David Gifford
Mexico team leader, Mexico City

Resonate Global Mission
Engaging People. Embracing Christ.
A Ministry of the Christian Reformed Church
resonateglobalmission.org

Sylvain Naudin

May 14, 2020, 6:58:01 PM5/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi David,

If I'm not wrong, the extra <p> balise was also detected by Mohammad, and he create this thread : https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/I-6KJelOUD0/yZx68xfiAAAJ

Issue: the extra <p> tags in rendered .html output

Jeremy if you see this ;-)

David Gifford

May 18, 2020, 2:13:16 PM5/18/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julio

Thanks again for the icons for the buttons. I have added that to the transclusion popups page: https://giffmex.org/gifts/transclusioninpopups.html

Julio Peña

May 18, 2020, 9:20:59 PM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Greetings Dave,

Not a problem...glad to be of assistance and that you found then useful. ^_^

Best wishes,
Julio

Mike Tannenbaum

May 19, 2020, 8:56:45 AM5/19/20
to TiddlyWiki
Has anyone come up with a fix for this? I was tinkering with it for a while yesterday but wasn't able to solve.

David Gifford

May 19, 2020, 8:59:47 AM5/19/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, no. I don't have the know how.