Preskoči na prvo neprebrano sporočilo

Anne-Laure Le Cunff

neprebran,
12. apr. 2020, 20:40:2912. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
Hey everyone,

So I'm using TiddlyBlink by Dave Gifford (thank you!)

It's currently showing the explicit linked references at the bottom of the articles, which is awesome.

Is there a way to:
  1. Show the implicit / unliked references, e.g. the word was mentioned but not proactively put into double brackets
  2. Create explicit links from the page I'm on, i.e. convert implicit into explicit links
Very inspired by the wonderful Roam Research I've been using for a few months and also recommend—its only issue is that it's not open source.

Here is a demo of what I mean.

TonyM

neprebran,
12. apr. 2020, 21:14:5812. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
The freelinks plugin in the prerelease is possibly your answer here.

Regards
Tony

Anne-Laure Le Cunff

neprebran,
12. apr. 2020, 21:40:3012. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
Thanks! I'm not sure - I'm talking about something similar to this linked/unlinked featured in Roam.

Screenshot 2020-04-13 at 2.39.20 AM.png

陈小伙

neprebran,
12. apr. 2020, 21:58:0212. 4. 20
do tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I am looking for alternative to roam research. Tiddlybilnk is good.

TonyM

neprebran,
12. apr. 2020, 22:13:4712. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
Anne-laure

Welcome to the community. Tiddlywiki shows missing tiddlers in italics but on your example there is a summary of these at the bottom. Have you clicked the info button on tiddlers and explored the info there?

Missing tiddlers and references can all be listed with filter operators and displayed using a view template item.

I think one of the recent projects like tiddlyblink was adding more cross reference info on tiddlers. The new freelink plugin in the prerelease will find tiddler titles in text and provide links automatically.

Anything is possible and I am not exadurating, the trick is understanding your question and putting it into tiddlywiki terms.

The Relink plugin handles many references to Tiddler titles to work comprehencivly which shows almost any relationship can be identified.

Regards
Tony

Nicholas Shawn Nadel

neprebran,
12. apr. 2020, 22:51:2412. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki

Peter Buyze

neprebran,
13. apr. 2020, 01:51:5713. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki forum
Anne, I am a TW newbie and have no coding experience whatsoever. Nevertheless, my suggestion is you look in the right hand pane, tab More, subtab Missing.

Clicking on 1 in the list will show a button to quickly create the tab explicitly.

If this suggestion is not at all what you're looking for, or if it is even a stupid one, I apologise.

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:

13 Apr 2020, 03:40 by alec...@gmail.com:

Anne-Laure Le Cunff

neprebran,
13. apr. 2020, 06:57:4913. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
Thanks so much everyone!

@Tony: I have looked at the info panel based on your suggestion, thanks for that. It currently says stuff like "The following tiddlers contain fields, links, macros, transclusions, or widgets referencing this one: $:/DefaultTiddlers" so not super helpful. Is that the bit you were talking about?

@Nicholas: I actually installed TiddlyRoam! (had to install TiddlyBlink and TiddlyMap separately for some reason) I'm looking for ways to have these connections show in the static website version, a bit more similar to the Roam experience.

@Peter: The missing tab is showing me a list of all pages that were linked to but not created. That's not what I was looking for, but still incredibly useful to know - thank you!

Attaching a live example from my Roam database.

linked-unlinked.png

On Monday, April 13, 2020 at 6:51:57 AM UTC+1, Peter Buyze wrote:
[...]

13. apr. 2020, 07:27:0313. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
Try the info button on tiddlywiki.com HelloThere and you see references list listed etc... These are relationships tiddlywiki can find out of the box. What to you mean by "link unlinked references"?

regards
Tony

Anne-Laure Le Cunff

neprebran,
13. apr. 2020, 08:42:4513. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
As per in my screenshot, you have explicit links, e.g. [[name of the tiddler]], and implicit ones, e.g. name of the tiddler (mentioned in-text but not explicitly turned into internal links). I've been looking but still haven't found anything that can display these implicit references.

Michael Manti

neprebran,
13. apr. 2020, 09:13:0913. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
TiddlyRoam supports unlinked, implicit references, but these references appear not to be bidirectional.

1A862EEC-5CC2-4F56-9B6F-63AEAD81E5DD.png

David Gifford

neprebran,
13. apr. 2020, 09:17:0113. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
On #1, my original version of TiddlyBlink had unlinked references. I found it distracting so I got rid of it.

I am attaching the file, the relevant tiddlers are

$:/.giffmex/ViewTemplate/refslinks,
$:/.giffmex/ViewTemplate/refstransclude, and
$:/.giffmex/ViewTemplate/viewfullnotes

On #2, Tony is correct, the freelinks plugin at https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/ should be what you want.
tblinkmetemplate.html

David Gifford

neprebran,
13. apr. 2020, 09:18:5113. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
And Michael Manti, I think, is correct. The implicit links in the file I just sent are not probably bi-directional.

Anne-Laure Le Cunff

neprebran,
13. apr. 2020, 10:01:1313. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
Thank you! I'll have a play with all of these, I feel like a combination may actually do the trick.

TonyM

neprebran,
13. apr. 2020, 10:25:0713. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
Freelinks sounds the closest to your restated requirement try it on a prerelease copy.

Regards
Tony

Diego Mesa

neprebran,
13. apr. 2020, 13:13:2713. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
Anne-Laure,

Please let us know what you find as I'd love to better understand how TiddlyRoam and Tiddlyblink+Tdidlymap compare to each other, and how they all compare to Roam. I have several friends using Roam and I'd love to be able to point them to a staightforward easy guide/demo to get them to move over to TW!

Best,
Diego

Anne-Laure Le Cunff

neprebran,
13. apr. 2020, 13:45:4013. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
Hi Diego,

I'll definitely do a write-up and can share the link in the group when it's live! I don't consider the knowledge graph an essential feature, so I have actually removed TiddlyMap, and now only use TiddlyBlink. Compared the Roam, the main limitations are:
  • Having to save the current page to generate new pages created by typing [[name of new page]] - this considerably slows down the thinking process compared to Roam which feels more organic in that regard
  • Having to search or paste the name of a page to open it in the right side panel - in Roam MAJ + click on any link opens it in the right side and it's also fully editable straight away so you can work on two note (tiddlers) or even more in parallel (the side panel can hold many notes and you can collapse them)
  • Not being able to refer to specific blocks within a page. As far as I understand, with my current config I can only link to full pages. Transclusion is also only possible at the tiddler level. In Roam, I can link/transcluse specific blocks (bullet points) inside a page, which is very powerful
Because of these, Roam allows for fast thinking. When using TiddlyWiki, I feel slower. Which is not a bad thing in itself, I like it for the project I'm currently working on where I want to take my time!

The big advantages of TiddlyWiki are obviously its flexibility and the fact that it's open source. I also absolutely love the fact that I can easily generate a static website from my notes.

I hope that helps. :)

Mat

neprebran,
13. apr. 2020, 14:25:2313. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
@Anne-Laure, interesting to read about differences.
  • Having to save the current page to generate new pages created by typing [[name of new page]] - this considerably slows down the thinking process compared to Roam which feels more organic in that regard
The editmode preview generates the links so they're clickable. Also my SideEditor enables this.

  • Having to search or paste the name of a page to open it in the right side panel - in Roam MAJ + click on any link opens it in the right side and it's also fully editable straight away so you can work on two note (tiddlers) or even more in parallel (the side panel can hold many notes and you can collapse them)
Hm, maybe "MAJ" is an acronym for magic of some kind but how would you click on any link unless all links were displayed all the time. Surely you must search first? Are you saying you click and the 'page' opens in edit mode? (I'm not familiar with Roam - maybe it only has one wysiwyg mode for direct edit?)

  • Not being able to refer to specific blocks within a page. As far as I understand, with my current config I can only link to full pages. Transclusion is also only possible at the tiddler level. In Roam, I can link/transcluse specific blocks (bullet points) inside a page, which is very powerful
Yeah, in the old version of TW (TW Classic or TW2) there was something called "slices" which functioned like that. It is possible to create solutions to transclude sections like that if you have distinct markers at start/end. A few of us have dabbled with this (my own experiment) but there's no complete solution. The main reason is a consequence of Tiddler Philosophy - if something is distinct enough to warrant separate transclusion, then it should probably be a tiddler on its own. Do note the Excise editor tool though.

 <:-)

Mark S.

neprebran,
13. apr. 2020, 15:07:5013. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki

You can turn off zoomin mode in TiddlyBlink so that you can edit more than one tiddler at a time (control panel, appearance tab, storyview sub-tab). Albeit, the tiddlers are stacked vertical. On a screen, vertical space is infinite. Horizontal space is finite.

Mark S.

neprebran,
13. apr. 2020, 15:15:3013. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
  • Having to search or paste the name of a page to open it in the right side panel - in Roam MAJ + click on any link opens it in the right side and it's also fully editable straight away so you can work on two note (tiddlers) or even more in parallel (the side panel can hold many notes and you can collapse them)
Hm, maybe "MAJ" is an acronym for magic of some kind but how would you click on any link unless all links were displayed all the time. Surely you must search first? Are you saying you click and the 'page' opens in edit mode? (I'm not familiar with Roam - maybe it only has one wysiwyg mode for direct edit?)

I think Anne is referring to the "parallel" tab in tiddly blink. It needs a bit of work -- you have to type the entire tiddler address into the box, and then you only get a preview, not an editable version.

For my own version, I have forward/back buttons on each tiddler. Then I can use the standard search box to find the tiddler I want, and then immediately navigate back. But I suppose the long-term solution would be to upgrade the parallel search so that it doesn't demand you remember the precise title.

David Gifford

neprebran,
13. apr. 2020, 15:49:2013. 4. 20
do tiddl...@googlegroups.com
The other main drawback to the parallel tab is that it is in view mode, not in edit mode.

I would welcome code so that

a) the search box in the parallel tab is auto-complete, and
b) the text field is editable

This would almost replicate what is available in Roam.

Anne-Laure Le Cunff

neprebran,
13. apr. 2020, 15:57:0213. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
@Mat
  • Thank you! I looked up "editmode preview tiddlywiki" and can't find anything. Is that a setting somewhere I can toggle? Also FYI this is how your SideEditor looks for me.
  • Sorry I'm tired, MAJ is french for "majuscule" (uppercase) which means the shift key :) So shift + click in Roam opens any link in the right-hand side panel. And then you can drag content between notes. Here is a gif I made so you can see what it looks like.
  • Your Cherry Picker experiment is really cool. In Roam they append a unique ID to each block/bullet point. To me this is one of the most powerful features it has, it makes it very modular.
  • That Tiddler Philosophy link is the best thing I've read today when it comes to TW! It finally clicked. I totally respect that approach even though that's not how I naturally take notes myself. Having to proactively create a new tiddler for each "atomic idea" feels like more work than just letting my thoughts flow / taking notes on a page during a lecture or while watching a video, and having each bullet point automatically become its own "atomic idea" which I can remix/transcluse etc.
  • Will have a play with the excise editor tool!
@Mark

Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about :) Having parallel search + open links in parallel panel with shift-click would be awesome.

@David

Yes - edit more in the parallel tab would make TW much more powerful.

On Monday, April 13, 2020 at 8:15:30 PM UTC+1, Mark S. wrote:
[...]

13. apr. 2020, 17:06:5313. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki

In edit mode you can click on the closed eyelid icon and the tiddler will split into two tiddlers: edit, and preview. The preview is almost like the view mode of a tiddler, with a few differences.

si

neprebran,
13. apr. 2020, 17:17:0513. 4. 20
do tiddl...@googlegroups.com
This might be a naive solution but for references to the current tiddler that are not explicitly links you could use the search filter, like this:

<$list filter="[search:text:literal<this-tiddler-spaces>] -[<currentTiddler>backlinks[]]">
<$link><
<currentTiddler>></$link>
</$list>

Just create a tiddler with the above, tag it $:/tags/ViewTemplate and you will get a list at the bottom of every tiddler. Unfortunately as it is this will match references that are within larger words, so if you had a tiddler called "link" then another tiddler that contains the word "unlinked" will be counted as referencing the tiddler.

By the looks of it with the freelinks plugin all references to other tiddlers will appear as links, but they won't actually be converted to the link syntax. Because of this they will still show up as implicit references in the solution I gave above, even if they appear as links when viewing the tiddler.

It sounds like you also want a button to appear next to each of the implicit references that will convert them into explicit links?

I tried this (partly stealing code from here) and got half way there, so maybe someone can fix it:

<$vars this-tiddler=<<currentTiddler>> >

<$list filter="[is[tiddler]!is[system]search:text:literal
<currentTiddler>] -[<currentTiddler>backlinks[]]">
<$link><
<currentTiddler>></$link>
<$list filter="[title
<currentTiddler>get[text]splitbefore<this-tiddler>]" variable="left">
<$list filter="[title
<currentTiddler>get[text]removeprefix<left>]" variable="right">
<$list filter="[
<left>] +[removesuffix<this-tiddler>]" variable="start">
<$vars lb="[[" rb="]]">
<$vars linkified={{{ [
<$button class=<
<tv-config-toolbar-class>>>
<$action-setfield $tiddler=<
<currentTiddler>> $field="text" $value=<<linkified>> />
{{$:/core/images/link}}
</$button>
</$vars>
</$vars>
</$list>
</$list>
</$list>

</$list>

</$vars>

This will add a button that will convert the first occurrence of an implicit reference to an explicit link.

The main issue I have noticed (there are no doubt others) is that "removeprefix" is case sensitive so it will only convert when cases match exactly.

Mat

neprebran,
13. apr. 2020, 17:18:1413. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
@Mark and @Anne-Laure , thanks for clarifying a few bits.

<:-)

Anne-Laure Le Cunff

neprebran,
13. apr. 2020, 17:40:4713. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
@Mark - I don't see any closed eyelid icon, here is my setup (I'm using TiddlyBlink, maybe that's why?).

@si - wow, this is great. And even if it looks for larger words, that's the general idea. What I'm wondering is if there's a way to make it less manual so it happens automatically. And yes, a link to automatically convert implicit mentions into explicit links would be great. I'm not knowledgeable enough to help fix your code, but thanks so much for sharing and hopefully someone more technical can chime in!

@Mat - no thank you for the solid questions! Got me thinking about what really matters for great tools for thought.

Mat

neprebran,
13. apr. 2020, 17:45:4713. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
Anne-Laure Le Cunff wrote:
@Mark - I don't see any closed eyelid icon, here is my setup (I'm using TiddlyBlink, maybe that's why?).

It's just above the word "birds" in your image. IMO it looks more like a smiling mouth than a closed eyelid.

<:-)

Anne-Laure Le Cunff

neprebran,
13. apr. 2020, 17:56:5313. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
Wow! This is amazing - thank you! Now we just need something to shift-click on links and open then in the right-side panel in edit mode.

springer

neprebran,
13. apr. 2020, 20:22:1313. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
Anne-Laure, it sounds like what you might love (unless I'm projecting??) is the kind of automatic (no brackets needed) virtual linking that used to be possible with TW Classic (years ago!) but which is harder to reconstruct with the new (much more careful and efficient) TW5 core. My own interest comes from managing a teaching wiki with lots of implicit cross-references (where many terms have technical meaning), plus lots of occasions to paste in pre-existing text from other sources, where on-the-fly links would be ideal...

There's a discussion I started here... https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/X6vayokdfgE ... and Jeremy and others have made progress towards ways of getting TW5 to act like this. I think it's called "freelinks" plugin, though its initial build can get slow on a large wiki (and doesn't embrace alias[es] field) so I'm not currently running with it...

Once it can be extended to embrace aliases and/or to allow case-insensitivity (Premises and premises and premisses etc., as well as any premise, for example, should just automatically links to my definition tiddler titled "premise" as if I had gone through and added double-brackets) -- and if it can do all that without getting terribly bogged down on a large-ish wiki -- I'll be over the moon with delight.

-E Springer

Saq Imtiaz

neprebran,
14. apr. 2020, 04:35:0714. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
David: have you considered a sub-story in the parallel tab? This would allow you to edit, as well as open multiple tiddlers there. Shift+click from the main story to open in the sub-story isn't difficult either.
https://tiddlywiki.com/#Creating%20SubStories

In fact I would consider putting the substory in a separate parallel div to the main story, which can be toggled, rather than in the parallel tab for a better side by side viewing experience. You could also set it up so that shift+click in the main story showed the parallel div and the substory in it, and opened the relevant tiddler there.

The Roam interface with the parallel viewing reminds me somewhat of my own two-story layout Tiddlywiki, which sadly isn't packaged well enough to distribute:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cnubb9osgvfqz4p/tw-dual-story.mp4?dl=0

However I can offer guidance to anyone trying to implement the same. It's mostly wiki markup with some sprinklings of javascript to glue things together from what I remember, I haven't fiddled with this in a couple of years.

Mohammad

neprebran,
14. apr. 2020, 06:08:5514. 4. 20
do tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Shiraz has the muticolumn story river feature.

Not exactly like what Saq Imtiaz has done but very close to it is existed in Shiraz
To reproduce do as below
  1. Open Shiraz demo page: https://kookma.github.io/TW-Shiraz/
  2. From right side bar, More tab and then Shiraz tab and under Options click multicolumn story river
  3. Next import the attached example tiddlers
  4. open Story and Then TOC and then close all other tiddlers
  5. Now click on every item in the list of TOC it will open on the right
  6. Edit the TOC if you like to resemble Tiddlywiki story river

example.json

Anne-Laure Le Cunff

neprebran,
14. apr. 2020, 07:16:2214. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
Just tried it, it looks great albeit a bit involved!

parallel-story.png

On Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 11:08:55 AM UTC+1, Mohammad wrote:
Shiraz has the muticolumn story river feature.

No exactly like what Saq Imtiaz has done but very close to it is existed in Shiraz

David Gifford

neprebran,
14. apr. 2020, 08:01:0014. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
Hi Saq

Thanks for sharing the video of your dual column TiddlyWiki. That looks promising!

Questions about SubStories:

1) How does it "allow you to edit"? I am not seeing that.

2) I tagged a tiddler with the SubStories code with $:/tags/SideBar. Is it possible to create a 'dropzone' in that tiddler so that the user could drag a link to the dropzone and have it automatically open there? Maybe when dropping tiddlers there, it changes a state tiddler to include those tiddlers, and the substories tiddler displays all the tiddlers in the state tiddler? And closing a tiddler removes it from the state tiddler? I don't know how to do any of this, of course, just thinking out loud to light a spark in someone else's mind.

David Gifford

neprebran,
14. apr. 2020, 08:07:0614. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
Thanks Shiraz, that is interesting! That certainly feels like Roam, but in a TiddlyWiki kind of way.

But doesn't it lock one into using that one tiddler to open other tiddlers that way? Anne-Laure is looking for a way to open a link from any tiddler into a parallel space for side by side viewing / editing.

On Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 5:08:55 AM UTC-5, Mohammad wrote:
Shiraz has the muticolumn story river feature.

No exactly like what Saq Imtiaz has done but very close to it is existed in Shiraz

Mohammad

neprebran,
14. apr. 2020, 08:21:3214. 4. 20
do tiddl...@googlegroups.com
@Ann-Laure, @David

I think Saq Imtiaz can help here, also Mat has developed multi columns layout ...

This layout now uses a flexbox. The left panel can be smaller. The example I sent for Ann-Laure uses a mechanism to close the tiddler opened in Story when you click another title in TOC.
This feature also can be customized to keep any number of tiddlers you like in the Story side
Also the style and look of the two panel

p.s: I you read Shiraz tutorial you can also have multi columns in one tiddler! I also remember Mark S has an outliner which can be used

--Mohammad

Mat

neprebran,
14. apr. 2020, 08:49:0914. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
Mohammad wrote:
[...] also Mat has developed multi columns layout ...

Yeah, I made this. Today I'd probably use flexbox given the linear nature of rivers. But, frankly, I don't really understand the use case with two rivers. Which tiddlers should go where? And why? For "parallel editing" I an see it but it feels a bit much with two rivers for this.

<:-)

Saq Imtiaz

neprebran,
14. apr. 2020, 09:01:1714. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
Hi David, it's been a while :) Hope you are well.

So the substory is exactly the same as, and supports the same features as the main story. The example on tiddlywiki.com uses a streamlined, inlined viewtemplate that only provides a button to close every tiddler. Instead, if you pass the appropriate viewtemplate and edittemplate to the listwidget controlling the story, you can get the exact same interface as well.

To get your substory to behave exactly the same as you main story try the following instead of the substory code from tiddlywiki.com:

<$navigator story="MySubStoryList" history="MySubHistoryList">
Click this link to get started: HelloThere

<$list filter="[list[MySubStoryList]]" history="$:/MySubHistoryList" template={{$:/config/ui/ViewTemplate}} editTemplate={{$:/config/ui/EditTemplate}} storyview={{$:/view}} emptyMessage={{$:/config/EmptyStoryMessage}}/>

</$navigator>

Obviously the "Click this links to get started" is just for demo purposes.

Note that you could even use a different storyview or emptyMessage for this story.
You can create custom edit and view templates to offer a different viewing and editing experience, re-creating the exact Roam parallel UI would be easy this way.

Personally I think having this in a parallel div to the main story is more intuitive rather than in a tab, if I wanted to compare two tiddlers I would want them to line up better than they currently do in TiddlyBlink. I've been using this setup since late 2017 and while I don't always need it, it is very useful when I do.

More to follow on dropzones and opening tiddlers in the substory.
Regards,
Saq

David Gifford

neprebran,
14. apr. 2020, 09:08:2014. 4. 20
do tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Saq, for the code. That works great!

I am looking forward to your forthcoming promised comments!

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/17e2cca8-3ed2-427a-8ade-422837e4569b%40googlegroups.com.

Saq Imtiaz

neprebran,
14. apr. 2020, 09:24:0914. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
Regarding dropzones and opening tiddlers in the substory.

Here is how I currently have it set up in my TiddlyWiki:

tw-substory.png

Note the dropzones above each story. Furthermore there is a "divert" tiddler button in the toolbar for each tiddler, that will open the tiddler in the other story. Lastly, the "Open" tab in the sidebar can be used to drag and drop tiddlers between stories.

The way I have this setup is a little bit involved and involves some JS code to modify some core behaviour, and there may have been improvements in the core to make this a little easier since. Jeremy and I discussed some of this in late 2017 but I haven't followed TW development after that until just recently. The most salient of the changes we discussed was introducing a mechanism for a TW to be aware of what stories are being used, by means of either a tag or a tiddler list identifying the storylist tiddlers.

Anyway, give me a few hours and I'll see if I can distill my setup down to the minimum you need to get this up and running for opening tiddlers in the substory.
Regards,
Saq

On Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 3:08:20 PM UTC+2, David Gifford wrote:
Thanks Saq, for the code. That works great!

I am looking forward to your forthcoming promised comments!

David Gifford

neprebran,
14. apr. 2020, 09:29:5514. 4. 20
do tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Saq I am now officially drooling. You have been holding out on us, man!

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/f4038211-a96d-4231-9f0f-82b81115d1de%40googlegroups.com.

Mohammad

neprebran,
14. apr. 2020, 10:29:1414. 4. 20
do tiddl...@googlegroups.com
WoW,
 This is amazing! very smart!

If one can adjust the size of left and right divs and hide the sidebar then It is Roam killer :-)

Thanks Saq!

Mark S.

neprebran,
14. apr. 2020, 11:42:5514. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki

Suddenly I'm not able to see images in the forum on either of two platforms, so I'm having to go from memory from earlier when I could still see images.

What is the trick or technique for viewing two tiddlers side by side? Are they actually both in the same tiddler, or is there CSS to move them next to each other?

Thanks!

Anne-Laure Le Cunff

neprebran,
14. apr. 2020, 11:44:0014. 4. 20
do tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Wow, amazing! Super promising.

-----
Anne-Laure Le Cunff • Founder, Ness Labs

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 3:29 PM Mohammad <mohammad...@gmail.com> wrote:
WoW,
 This is amazing! very smart!

If one can adjust the size of left and right dive and hide the sidebar then It is Roam killer :-)

Saq Imtiaz

neprebran,
14. apr. 2020, 12:44:1814. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
Link to follow in a separate thread so as to not derail conversation much further here.

David: apologies. I have always aspired to share with the community as much as possible, however life circumstances over the last two years have made that difficult. I shared a video of this setup in late 2017 and by now I had fully expected that this would be a commonplace implementation, which also contributed to my not prioritizing cleaning up my two story implementation and sharing it. The TiddlyWiki core makes this extremely easy with just a few missing pieces. Jeremy has done a great job at avoiding the limitations we had back in TWC for multiple stories.

Mohammad: The UI could be cleaner and more refined. In fact, this was done more as a proof of concept and if I re-did this today the UI would be significantly different. I implemented this partly as an exercise in learning TW5 (I was a long time TWC user years ago) and it worked better than anticipated so I have just kept using it without taking the time to refine it. So it can definitely do with some cleanup in terms of code and CSS. Currently the CSS is responsive, below a certain width the sidebar is hidden and if the screen is even smaller it defaults to a one stop layout. It's also optimized with larger screens in mind (1920+ width)

It is on my list to clean this up in the near future and add a few improvements like automatically opening the second story, if it is closed, when I shift + click a link along with various other learnings from experience of working with this the last couple of years.

On Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 3:29:55 PM UTC+2, David Gifford wrote:
Saq I am now officially drooling. You have been holding out on us, man!

David Gifford

neprebran,
14. apr. 2020, 12:53:0114. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
No apologies needed, Saq! I should have included a wink or smile emoji. I am just excited to see this at just the right time, when we are trying to look at ways to include Roam-like functionality.

Saq Imtiaz

neprebran,
14. apr. 2020, 13:09:3014. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
No worries Dave. I've posted a mimimal version of my two story setup. If you need help adapting that to your substory in a tab just drop me a line.

David Gifford

neprebran,
14. apr. 2020, 13:20:5614. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
That is really great. I want to sit on this a couple days, to think about this.

Mat

neprebran,
14. apr. 2020, 13:45:2314. 4. 20
do TiddlyWiki
Apropos multiple story rivers, it's worth noting that Jeremy is currently working on a new page template where the drafted ideas include very simple ways to add multiple story rivers and other page components. If you have or thoughts on it, do contribute there.

<:-)

Alexei R

neprebran,
10. maj 2020, 13:39:3310. 5. 20
do TiddlyWiki

[IDEA] Optional system-wide case-insensitivity for titles, links and tags #4612 https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/4612

TonyM

neprebran,
10. maj 2020, 18:55:1310. 5. 20
do TiddlyWiki
David/Anne-laure,

 parallel space for side by side viewing / editing.

Forgive me but this sounds like tiddlywiki preview mode in the editor on a wide screen tiddlywiki.

I also share other hints and tips recently including open in new window etc... but wonder if anyone read them?

Regards
Tony

Hakyma Omyra

neprebran,
1. mar. 2021, 09:30:001. 3. 21
do TiddlyWiki
New here: almost a year after this latest thread, I was wondering what would be your latest recommendations for plugins allowing to surface unlinked references i.e. unlinked words that could potentially be switched to explicit links. Use case: forgetting to [[ ]] the name of an author in some tiddlers, and after the fact be able to fix this semi-automatically by going through unlinked references. Thank you (and thank you for the work some of you are contributing to enhance TW).

On Monday, April 13, 2020 at 12:27:03 PM UTC+1, TonyM wrote:
Try the info button on tiddlywiki.com HelloThere and you see references list listed etc... These are relationships tiddlywiki can find out of the box. What to you mean by "link unlinked references"?

regards
Tony

David Gifford

neprebran,
1. mar. 2021, 09:35:401. 3. 21
do TiddlyWiki
I am responding way too quickly,  in order to get to other things, so maybe I am missing the question, but have you seen the official Freelinks plugin? $:/ControlPanel > Plugins tab > Get more plugins.

Hakyma Omyra

neprebran,
1. mar. 2021, 09:44:291. 3. 21
do TiddlyWiki
A year after this email thread, I was wondering if you had any recommendations for surfacing unlinked references?

Use case: forgetting to [[ ]] the name of someone, even that tiddler may have been created afterwards, the plugin allowing to surface all those implicit/unlinked words to be able to convert them into explicit links.

Thank you – and thank you to those who keep on enhancing TW!

Hakyma Omyra

neprebran,
1. mar. 2021, 09:49:121. 3. 21
do TiddlyWiki
Apologies for the double posting – I hadn't realised my first post was being moderated, and I rewrote another one thinking I had accidentally deleted my post. Apologies for the spam.

David, thank you for your suggestion: I had indeed noted the Freelinks suggestion but I hadn't been able to find a way to install it so thank you for the explanation. I'll play with it and see if it helps with the desired functionality. And thank you for Stroll, as I played with it too :).

Thanks again!

Hakyma Omyra

neprebran,
1. mar. 2021, 09:58:361. 3. 21
do TiddlyWiki
Yep, this is it – do you know if there's a way to automatically convert the links found by the Freelinks plugin into explicit [[ ]] links? Or a way to review all implicit links found by the plugin without having to open each tiddler? Thank you!

David Gifford

neprebran,
1. mar. 2021, 10:03:061. 3. 21
do tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Not sure, Hakyma. Hopefully someone else who knows more will chime in. That would be cool if either or both of those things can be done!

Mat

neprebran,
1. mar. 2021, 16:35:511. 3. 21
do TiddlyWiki
Yep, this is it – do you know if there's a way to automatically convert the links found by the Freelinks plugin into explicit [[ ]] links? Or a way to review all implicit links found by the plugin without having to open each tiddler? Thank you!

hakyma.. This old thread is all over the place so you should probably start a new one instead. Anyway, I don't know of a way to convert freelinks into [[links]] but that 's an interesting idea. I tested if it was possible to export tiddlers that showed freelinks, thinking that the exported tiddlers (JSON or static) might have the linkification added, but nope.

<:-)
Odgovori vsem
Odgovori avtorju
Posreduj