Rich text editor

László Zsigmond

Oct 16, 2016, 1:06:26 PM10/16/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hello,

I was about to copy a text outside of tiddlywiki with rich text into tiddlywiki.
I've read this thread on a rich text editor plugin from 2007: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/JaXIgqQ_Nlc
Its reception was very good and I would love to see it implemented or pointed to the available plugin for TW5. The best would be to have it in the core as it is indeed a very useful plugin. I couldnt find an online rich text(html) to tw5 convertor. If the support is not fully implemented then I'm better of to use the markdown plugin as to markdown syntax I can effortlessly convert with the help of an easily found online convertor.

Best regards,
Laci

BJ

Oct 16, 2016, 1:50:25 PM10/16/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

László Zsigmond

Oct 17, 2016, 3:09:16 AM10/17/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!

I would like to be able to see actually the markup not just a have a new type of text... in some web text editors there is the button to copy from word which opens a popup window to paste there the text and it will insert that into the textarea with the right html syntax, for TW it should insert it with either TW markup or markdown.

All the best,
Laci

On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 8:50 PM, BJ <bugg...@gmail.com> wrote:
all the best
BJ

On Sunday, October 16, 2016 at 6:06:26 PM UTC+1, László Zsigmond wrote:
Hello,

I was about to copy a text outside of tiddlywiki with rich text into tiddlywiki.
I've read this thread on a rich text editor plugin from 2007: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/JaXIgqQ_Nlc
Its reception was very good and I would love to see it implemented or pointed to the available plugin for TW5. The best would be to have it in the core as it is indeed a very useful plugin. I couldnt find an online rich text(html) to tw5 convertor. If the support is not fully implemented then I'm better of to use the markdown plugin as to markdown syntax I can effortlessly convert with the help of an easily found online convertor.

Best regards,
Laci

BJ

Oct 17, 2016, 5:05:50 AM10/17/16
to TiddlyWiki
The output is actually the same type as text/vnd.tiddlywiki, so it is TW markup. You can use [[tid]] to link to other tiddlers and some other wikitext format may work, but not macros or widgets (these are possible only in the experimental mode). I don't use it much myself apart from editing html that I clip from webpages with tiddlyclip. ckeditor does not support all possiblities of wikitext so you cannot preserve block mode markup (like '!' for headings, for example).

On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 8:09:16 AM UTC+1, László Zsigmond wrote:
Thank you!

I would like to be able to see actually the markup not just a have a new type of text... in some web text editors there is the button to copy from word which opens a popup window to paste there the text and it will insert that into the textarea with the right html syntax, for TW it should insert it with either TW markup or markdown.

All the best,
Laci
On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 8:50 PM, BJ <bugg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Laci,