Salmon River Trip

Terry C

Jan 15, 2014, 4:53:31 PM1/15/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Anyone interested in joining me on a trip to the Salmon River over Pres. Day weekend Friday FEB. 14th - Sunday 16th.  I need to give my new switch rod a workout and catch some steelhead.  Let me know . I am making plans this week.

Yang Chang

Jan 16, 2014, 9:56:13 AM1/16/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I am also thinking about a steelhead trip in Feb or March, but haven't decided where to go, joining an outing or going with couple friends. I can't take Friday off, so may not match your schedule. Are you going to fish the DSR or other sections?

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---

Rob Snowhite

Jan 16, 2014, 10:07:18 AM1/16/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
If you need a place to stay I'd suggest Trestle Pool Lodge (no website, pay in cash). Fireplaces in rooms. They put a crock pot of something different out each night for dinner and bagels/muffins/toast/coffee/pop tarts each morning. $35/night with two meals and just outside Altmar.

DSR might be iced over, better luck up top where the water is closer to the release.

Rob Snowhite

I am also thinking about a steelhead trip in Feb or March, but haven't decided where to go, joining an outing or going with couple friends. I can't take Friday off, so may not match your schedule. Are you going to fish the DSR or other sections?

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 4:53 PM, Terry C <flycs...@gmail.com> wrote:
Anyone interested in joining me on a trip to the Salmon River over Pres. Day weekend Friday FEB. 14th - Sunday 16th.  I need to give my new switch rod a workout and catch some steelhead.  Let me know . I am making plans this week.

---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/abae370a-454a-4b4f-9ee7-1c6349b2b9da%40googlegroups.com.

http://www.tpfr.org
---

Danny Barrett

Jan 16, 2014, 10:12:01 AM1/16/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Id love to join you but the new gf might shoot me if i miss Valentines haha.  good luck up there.  cant wait to see some pictures.

Dan
On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 4:53 PM, Terry C <flycs...@gmail.com> wrote:
Anyone interested in joining me on a trip to the Salmon River over Pres. Day weekend Friday FEB. 14th - Sunday 16th.  I need to give my new switch rod a workout and catch some steelhead.  Let me know . I am making plans this week.

HenryH

Jan 17, 2014, 11:54:39 AM1/17/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Packing up to head up there this evening!  Flow is running at 1800 so I'll see how I make out.  I might head up there again President's weekend.

Terry C

Jan 22, 2014, 4:13:26 PM1/22/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Henry. How did your trip go. Saw it got frigid up there this week.

Linda Hwong

Jan 23, 2014, 4:00:32 PM1/23/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
It's pretty much always frigid there this time of the year...LOL. Our cabin is only a couple of minutes away so we took frequent trips to warm up and recharge. The river was running about 1700 CFS Saturday morning but quite fishable in Altmar. The three of us probably hooked up about 40 fish in three days but only landed 5 fish. Your landing ratio goes way down with high flow. There seems to be waves of fish that would come so you do have to put in the time in the water. Anyway, we had a blast as always. Probably head back up there Presidents' Day weekend.

Sent from my iPad

> On Jan 22, 2014, at 4:13 PM, Terry C <flycs...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Henry. How did your trip go. Saw it got frigid up there this week.
>
> --
> http://www.tpfr.org
> ---

Terry C

Jan 24, 2014, 9:38:48 AM1/24/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Henry, thanks for the report, were you swinging flies or nymphing.  I am definitely heading up Pres. day weekend. Took Robs advise and staying at the Trestle pool  lodge.  Have a guide for Saturday but would love to meet up with you for Sunday. Also for some beer consumption in the evenings.

On Thursday, January 23, 2014 4:00:32 PM UTC-5, HenryH wrote:
It's pretty much always frigid there this time of the year...LOL.  Our cabin is only a couple of minutes away so we took frequent trips to warm up and recharge.  The river was running about 1700 CFS Saturday morning but quite fishable in Altmar.  The three of us probably hooked up about 40 fish in three days but only landed 5 fish.  Your landing ratio goes way down with high flow.  There seems to be waves of fish that would come so you do have to put in the time in the water.  Anyway, we had a blast as always.  Probably head back up there Presidents' Day weekend.

Sent from my iPad

> On Jan 22, 2014, at 4:13 PM, Terry C <flycs...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Henry. How did your trip go.  Saw it got frigid up there this week.
>
> --
> http://www.tpfr.org
> ---

Linda Hwong

Jan 24, 2014, 6:05:35 PM1/24/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com, tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I was mainly using pink and red San Juan worms and stone flies.  Love to grab some brewskis with you so let me know!

Sent from my iPad
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-...@googlegroups.com.

Terry C

Jan 24, 2014, 6:32:44 PM1/24/14