Error Running code using PyLearn2

sulem...@gmail.com

Sep 3, 2017, 4:54:17 AM9/3/17
to theano-dev
I was trying to run a simple code and got this error
suleman@Suleman-Qamar:~/Documents/Suleman/elu_network-master$ python process_cifar_100_data.py
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "process_cifar_100_data.py", line 10, in <module>

from pylearn2.utils import serial

File "/home/suleman/Documents/Pylearn2/pylearn2/pylearn2/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>

from pylearn2.utils.logger import configure_custom

File "/home/suleman/Documents/Pylearn2/pylearn2/pylearn2/utils/__init__.py", line 11, in <module>

from theano.compat.six.moves import input, zip as izip
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'theano.compat.six'

I installed theano bleeding edge as someone suggested doing that to solve the problem.
Also while installing Pylearn2, I changed line
from theano.compact.six.moves import input

from six.moves import input

as otherwise it was not installing.

Can anybody please tell how to remove the error?

Frédéric Bastien

Sep 5, 2017, 9:48:22 AM9/5/17
to theano-dev
The change should fix the error you have shown. Maybe this fix is needed at many places.

I think this was fixed in the master of Pylearn2. Be sure to use the dev version of Pylearn2.

Note, Pylearn2 isn't maintained anymore. So there is probably other problems after those errors. We will merge PR that make it work with more recent Theano version, but we won't do that work ourself.

Otherwise, you can use an older Theano version.

But I would recommand to use another framework on top of Theano as soon as you can.

Frédéric

--

---

Suleman Qamar