testng-6.8.21 eclipse plugin

walter kelt

Nov 14, 2016, 8:48:27 AM11/14/16
to testng-users
I am hoping someone can provide the following info:

* location of testng-6.8.21 eclipse plugin jar (or whatever packaging it come in)
* instructions on how to install it in an offline environment using Eclipse 4.5.1

I have googled this to death and did not find anything that actually worked. I never see
the TestNG run type show up in Eclipse.

Offline is mandatory since I am working in a lab w/o internet access.

thanks in advance !!

walter kelt

Nov 14, 2016, 11:15:00 AM11/14/16
to testng-users
Interesting enough, when I try to install it "outside the lab" using marketplace, I get an issue. The
"Confirm Selected Features" org.testng.eclipse is gray'd out. The second item is fine (not gary'd out).
 When I hit confirm, I get the following:

"Artifact not found: http://beust.com/eclipse/content.jar"

Any ideas ?

thanks

XuQing Tan

Nov 19, 2016, 9:44:32 AM11/19/16
to testng-users
unfortunately there is no archived update-site for offline installation for previous releases, but we are trying to make it available for future versions.
for now, the archive for the beta build (6.9.14-SNAPSHTO at the moment) are downloadable here: https://dl.bintray.com/testng-team/testng-eclipse/zipped/

no ETA when the release bits will be direct downloadable. stay tuned.
thanks

XuQing Tan

Nov 27, 2016, 9:18:04 AM11/27/16
to testng-users
actually, here is the tip "Replicating an Eclipse Update Site for Offline Usage"
you can get latest release from http://beust.com/eclipse
and previous releases from http://beust.com/eclipse-old

HTH.

Haidong Gu

Mar 15, 2017, 8:24:53 AM3/15/17
to testng-users
Hi XuQing and team,

Thanks for sharing http://beust.com/eclipse-old, but I can't access any sub directories under http://beust.com/eclipse-old. Do you know why?

I'm in-particular interested with version 6.8.21 for my java 1.6 project.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best Regards
Haidong

XuQing Tan

Mar 15, 2017, 9:22:28 PM3/15/17
to testng-users
hi Haidong
I don't think we have that old version 6.8.21 now, i'm not sure if @cbuest has any backup for this.

in fact, you can use the newer plugin with JRE 1.7 or above, but running your TestNG process with JRE 1.6.

  Thanks & Best Regards!

                  ///
                 (. .)
  |           Nick Tan           |