Copies Of The Part-Whole Relations Presentation By Kevin Dye

joseph simpson

Aug 10, 2016, 11:30:32 PM8/10/16
to gmo...@u.washington.edu, Aleksandar Malečić, Andrew Borota, Gabriel AWAD, George Mobus, Jack Ring, Janet Singer, Janet Singer, Joe Simpson, Kevin Dye, Kevin Dye, Lenard Troncale, Mary Keeler (mkeeler@u.washington.edu), Michael Singer, mjs...@eskimo.com, mjs...@gmail.com, Narayana Mandaleeka, Peter D Tuddenham, Richard Martin, SpaceKatt PoiSpin, Steve Krane, Steven Engle, Sys Sci, Yiannis Laouris, Yiannis Laouris
Team:

My apologies for running a little behind this month.

Copies of the August 6th presentation charts by Kevin Dye are attached in both PDF and PowerPoint format.

The next Structural Modeling Project video conference is scheduled for 9 AM PST on Saturday September 3rd, 2016. I have already created a Google Hangout On The Air session.

The September session is open for discussion of and possible integration of material that the group has explored in the last six (6) or so months.

Kevin's presentation was an excellent look at a specific type of asymmetric relationship group.

The team has briefly reviewed the non-symmetric relationship types that are represented in Warfield's 'Binary Matrices in System Modeling' paper.  If anyone would like a copy of this paper, please let me know.

Up to this point, the current team has not focused on symmetric structuring relationships.  Mary and I have created a body of work in the area of symmetric structuring relationships that are focused on system identification using clustering techniques.

All three general types of symmetry (asymmetric, non-symmetric and symmetric) are useful system analysis tools. However, these tools appear to have distinctly different methods and processes.

The basic plan is to address the integration of these tools after the current web based structural modeling applications are operational.

If you have any areas you would like to discuss in more detail, please let me know so it can be added to the agenda for the September meeting.

Take care, be good to yourself and have fun,

Joe

--
Joe Simpson

“Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world.

Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves.

All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”

George Bernard Shaw
Mereology-v2_KevinDye.ppt
Mereology-v2_KevinDye.pdf

joseph simpson

Aug 17, 2016, 10:58:47 PM8/17/16
to Kevin Dye, gmo...@u.washington.edu, Aleksandar Malečić, Andrew Borota, Gabriel AWAD, George Mobus, Jack Ring, Janet Singer, Janet Singer, Lenard Troncale, Mary Keeler (mkeeler@u.washington.edu), Michael Singer, mjs...@eskimo.com, mjs...@gmail.com, Narayana Mandaleeka, Peter D Tuddenham, Richard Martin, SpaceKatt PoiSpin, Steve Krane, Steven Engle, Sys Sci, Yiannis Laouris, Yiannis Laouris
Kevin:

I think there are two pdf versions of this presentation.

The first pdf version, created by you I believe, had issues in the conversion of the math symbols.

The second pdf version, created by Mary Simpson, from your PowerPoint charts did not appear to have these same conversion issues.

The second version is the one that was distributed to the group.

I believe that the conversion to pdf was completed correctly in the second version of the pdf.

However, if anyone finds problems with the pdf version, please let us know.

Take care, be good to yourself and have fun,

Joe

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 1:08 PM, Kevin Dye <ke...@futureworldscenter.org> wrote:
Note - the pdf conversion did not work on the math symbols.

<Mereology-v2_KevinDye.ppt><Mereology-v2_KevinDye.pdf>