spock-reports 1.3.0 has been released!

Renato Athaydes

Apr 21, 2017, 3:28:03 PM4/21/17
to Spock Framework - User
Hi, just wanted to let you all know that spock-reports version 1.3.0 has been released.

The big new feature in this release is what we call "vivid" reports: the option to include the source code of each block in reports, along with the block text!

The reports look really good with that enabled (as long as you keep your code simple in the Specification, as you should)!

Here's a small example using Geb and AsciiDoc templates: http://rdmueller.github.io/etka15/report/docs/html5/summary.html

Try it out! Just add this to your config file:

com.athaydes.spockframework.report.showCodeBlocks= true

The reports default css stylesheets have been improved as well, so the reports look just a little bit more modern now!

https://github.com/renatoathaydes/spock-reports/

Regards,

Renato Athaydes

Evgeny Shepelyuk

Apr 22, 2017, 4:23:15 AM4/22/17
to Spock Framework - User
Hello,

I've just tried this version but the generated report is looking old way

https://i.imgur.com/7ZxDCwS.png

Should I add any specific property to generate modern reports ?

пʼятниця, 21 квітня 2017 р. 22:28:03 UTC+3 користувач Renato Athaydes написав:

Renato Athaydes

Apr 22, 2017, 4:51:18 AM4/22/17
to Spock Framework - User
Hi!

This is actually the new one! It's not a whole lot different, mostly the feature report is a little more noticeable (the one you posted is the summary report which is not changed much).

See the new style reports here:

If you don't like the stylesheet, it's easy to replace it with your own, see instructions in the README page of the project.

Regards,

Renato Athaydes

Evgeny Shepelyuk

Apr 22, 2017, 4:54:57 AM4/22/17
to Spock Framework - User
Hi

Thanks for explanation.

Could you please explain how to achieve smth like link mentioned in initial post

субота, 22 квітня 2017 р. 11:51:18 UTC+3 користувач Renato Athaydes написав:

Renato Athaydes

Apr 22, 2017, 5:05:07 AM4/22/17
to spockfr...@googlegroups.com
Sure! You need to use the AsciiDoc template. See the wiki for details: https://github.com/renatoathaydes/spock-reports/wiki

Also, the linked report is from a Geb+Spock test containing browser snapshots. To achieve that, you need to configure Geb first, see the geb website (http://www.gebish.org/manual/current/) for help with that.

Regards,

Renato Athaydes

Evgeny Shepelyuk

Apr 22, 2017, 5:27:12 AM4/22/17
to Spock Framework - User
Thanks again :)

Am I understanding correctly that I need later to process generated AsciiDoc report with asciidoctor to obtain HTML report ?
Forgive me my ignorance :) but what I'm looking for is a brief instruction that will explan how to run gradle test  and recieve well formatted HTML based on AsciiDoc template.

Probably, there's no such guide, so I'll try to dig it myself.

субота, 22 квітня 2017 р. 12:05:07 UTC+3 користувач Renato Athaydes написав:

Renato Athaydes

Apr 22, 2017, 5:57:06 AM4/22/17
to spockfr...@googlegroups.com
You need to:

* configure spock-reports to use the Template report (see README).
* configure which template file to use. If you want the AsciiDoc report, use that template from the wiki.

The output will be AsciiDoc files. To turn that into HTML for viewing, you need to check the AsciiDoc documentation, I can't help with that.

The guy who wrote the AsciiDoc template wrote a blog post about it, maybe that helps: https://rdmueller.github.io/spock-report-templates/

Regards,

Renato Athaydes