Down the Worm Hole

David Yarrow

Jul 24, 2016, 11:23:35 AM7/24/16
to bio...@yahoogroups.com, Soils
i got a text yesterday that my article "Down the Worm Hole" -- about missouri bootheel farmer JE Bollinger's first year committed to carbon-smart, conservation farming -- is in the new issue of AcresUSA eco-farming magazine.  i just ordered a subscription at my new legal address, so maybe i will get a copy.  i am more than curious to see what response this story provokes.

for a green & peaceful planet,
david yarrow

John Bonitz

Jul 24, 2016, 11:47:51 AM7/24/16
to Soil Age, bio...@yahoogroups.com

Really looking forward to reading this, David!

--
Also on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/Soil4Climate/
---

Brian Cartwright

Jul 25, 2016, 9:44:37 AM7/25/16
to soil-age, bio...@yahoogroups.com
John and group,

I was persistent and found that the whole article is already posted as a PDF on David's site:

Brian

Erich Knight

Jul 25, 2016, 11:36:03 PM7/25/16
to Soil Age, biochar, se-bi...@googlegroups.com
David,

So love your title, crediting the "D-9 dozers", the real heavy equipment, (if ya add em all up), of the soil world.
The heavy equipment that prevents compaction. I certainly count my worms as a badge of my craft.

I share the child like Xmas expectations for The vortex brewer, oxygen incorporation, oxygenation, the real strength of these systems as it is for hydro-electric producing systems using Vortex generator designs. More O2 than rapids and waterfalls deliver.

Keep these yield numbers a coming, progressively year on year and you will be the "Borlaug" of Biological Agriculture.

Cheers,

Erich

Erich J. Knight
Shenandoah Gardens
1047 Dave Berry Rd. McGaheysville, VA. 22840
  540-289-9750

USBI 2016 Presentation;
"The Civilization of Soil",
Hall Marks of The Unintended & Intended Anthropocene

Policy & Community Chairman

2013 North American Biochar Symposium
Harvesting Hope: The Science & Synergies of Biochar
October 13-16, 2013 at UMASS Amherst
http://pvbiochar.org/2013-symposium/

David Yarrow

Apr 2, 2017, 8:07:25 PM4/2/17
to Soils
hello erich,

i'm on Amtrak for the 7 hour trek to southeast MO bootheel.
currently cruising along the MO river, swollen from recent rains.
i was searching for an email between stephen joseph & JR.
came on yours.
3  weeks ago, i had dinner with JR is sikeston MO,
first contact in 16 months.
he is a changed man: happy, confident, enthused.
last year (his 2nd), he farmed the same 6-inch strips with 50% normal fertilizer.
his corn got #1 in MO in all categories with 330 bushels/acre.
his japanese buyer snapped up all the contracted corn,
plus claimed first priority for the extra bumper crop yield,
because the corn weighed more per bushel, with higher measured nutrients
= nutrient-dense.
and JR still isn't using any rockdusts.
talking to him about using rhyolite, lamproite & Azomite in his strip-till recipe.
~david

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/soil-age.

--
Also on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/Soil4Climate/
---

David Yarrow

Apr 2, 2017, 8:11:36 PM4/2/17
to Soils
ho john,
on Amtrak on the 7 hour trek to southeast MO bootheel.
3 weeks ago in the bootheel, i had dinner with JR is sikeston MO,
first contact in 16 months.
he is a changed man: happy, confident, enthused
-- ready to be a leader.

last year (his 2nd), he farmed the same 6-inch strips with 50% normal fertilizer.
his corn got #1 in MO in all categories with 330 bushels/acre.
his japanese buyer snapped up all the contracted corn,
plus claimed first priority for the extra bumper crop yield,
because the corn weighed more per bushel, with higher measured nutrients
= nutrient-dense.

and JR still isn't using any rockdusts.
talking to him about using rhyolite, lamproite & Azomite in his strip-till recipe.
~david yarrow

On Jul 24, 2016 11:23 AM, "David Yarrow" <dyar...@gmail.com> wrote:
i got a text yesterday that my article "Down the Worm Hole" -- about missouri bootheel farmer JE Bollinger's first year committed to carbon-smart, conservation farming -- is in the new issue of AcresUSA eco-farming magazine.  i just ordered a subscription at my new legal address, so maybe i will get a copy.  i am more than curious to see what response this story provokes.

for a green & peaceful planet,
david yarrow

--
Also on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/Soil4Climate/
---

Also on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/Soil4Climate/
---

David Yarrow

Apr 2, 2017, 8:14:09 PM4/2/17
to Soils
hi brian,
on Amtrak on the 7 hour trek to southeast MO bootheel.
3 weeks ago in the bootheel, i had dinner with JR is sikeston MO,
first contact in 16 months.
he is a changed man: happy, confident, enthused
-- ready to be a leader.
last year (his 2nd), he farmed the same 6-inch strips with 50% normal fertilizer.
his corn got #1 in MO in all categories with 330 bushels/acre.
his japanese buyer snapped up all the contracted corn,
plus claimed first priority for the extra bumper crop yield,
because corn weighed more per bushel, with higher measured nutrients
= nutrient-dense.

and JR still isn't using any rockdusts.
talking to him about using rhyolite, lamproite & Azomite in his strip-till recipe.
~david yarrow
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to soil-age+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/soil-age.

bast...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2017, 12:34:49 AM4/3/17
to soil...@googlegroups.com
Hello David,
    I saw and enjoyed your presentation in Omaha. I could not take notes fast enough. Are you finding a home for the high nutrient dense corn and do they need more?
Check out our videos on www.centraliowaag.com and click on Ag Products. We had the presence of Don Huber and Jill Clapperton in making them. We finally identified what has been killing our corn early and found the solution with an MIT PhD biochemist and his brother and their knowledge of plants and immunology.   Bob Streit   515-709-0143   Boone,  IA
No-Till Glyphosate Silver Bullet 3-12 short.pdf

bast...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2017, 12:38:26 AM4/3/17
to soil...@googlegroups.com
David,
    What are the first two products and what are their composition. In our video Jill shows off the XRay Defraction instrument and what it can do. It can detect 94 different elements and permit grain analysis and fertilizer efficiency like never before.    Bob Streit

Sent: Sunday, April 02, 2017 7:11 PM
To: Soils
Subject: Re: [soil-age] Down the Worm Hole

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/soil-age.
White Paper - scrubbed & condensed.doc
Why Dave Schwartz.doc
Dave Schwartz management 2016.doc
Take Off® - Verdesian Life Sciences.html

David Yarrow

Apr 4, 2017, 8:05:40 PM4/4/17
to Soils
On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 11:34 PM, <bast...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello David,
    I saw and enjoyed your presentation in Omaha. I could not take notes fast enough. Are you finding a home for the high nutrient dense corn and do they need more?
Check out our videos on www.centraliowaag.com and click on Ag Products. We had the presence of Don Huber and Jill Clapperton in making them. We finally identified what has been killing our corn early and found the solution with an MIT PhD biochemist and his brother and their knowledge of plants and immunology.   Bob Streit   515-709-0143   Boone,  IA

 hi bob,

read the 2-page article with you & don huber.  very illuminating, confirming many things i have learned about trace elements & microbes.  one analogy i play with is the least of all elements are like nails -- quite small in size & volume next to stacks of lumber, but try to build a house without them.  simplistic metaphor, but it works for most folks.

most advanced biocides are trace element interuptors that shut down specific metabolic pathways that require those traces as co-factors.  meanwhile, trace elements have multiple valences that make them far more leachable than sodium, calcium & other lightweights, so they migrate out of rootzones more rapidly.  yet another reason why i place priority on getting these least of all elements back into soils.  i tried to condense much this rationale into a 3-page paper focused on rhyolite:
but we are also using basalt, granite, lamproite, carbonatite.

attached photo is a hand coated with freshly-fractured rhyolite dust from a slurry pond collecting water washing from the rock crusher & screening operations   that's not ordinary sticky mud; that's micro-fine, extra-dense rockdust with the microcrystals shattered & fractured, exposing fresh, unreacted elements.  probably reacts with CO2 to form carbonates.  i want to add humic acid to this slurry and sell it as liquid minerals, but for now, we are using the dewatered slurry sludge as a powdery soil amendment.  over-farmed soils in the bootheel are desperate for these kinds of fresh magma minerals.

attached is the 6-page draft article describing our first attempt to make "super-compost."  essentially the same strategy as JR's carbon-smart soil recipe for injection with his strip-till equipment.  we still have quite a few steps to walk this effort through before "super-compost" becomes a regular product, but owner Kevin ses this is the future of hs business.

www.AgDynamic.com is the new bootheel business based in sikeston MO offering farmers humic & fulvic acid, cover crops, strip-till & microbes.  founders are Nick Cuchetti and Robert Freeman, with Soil Science degrees from mizzou, but they are joined by 3 other young local lads.  they also started a few community food operations, including a black market gardeners coop, garden & food education at middle&high school, and a community hoop house. today they were meeting jim lightsey about a remarkable, unique new microbial product made nearby in mexico MO.  i informed them to call you.

i will also notify bryce meeker with the gasification project about your interest in carbon-smart strategy.

gotta back to cooking.  let's stay in touch.
david yarrow
__SuperCompost.pdf
9-RhyoliteSlurryMud_800.jpg
10-MudDewatered_800.jpg

Robert Fairchild

Apr 5, 2017, 2:15:58 PM4/5/17
to soil...@googlegroups.com, bio...@yahoogroups.com
Had to look it up, "bootheel"  (boot heel) is the part of Missouri in the southeast that sticks down into Arkansas (Boot heels don't grow on trees ;-)
 Bob