Is Social Stream being deprecated?!

Kobi Omenaka

Dec 7, 2014, 4:16:57 PM12/7/14
to social...@googlegroups.com
Hi there, it's just a quick one.

I have been following social stream on GitHub for a few months now but there does not seem to be any progress.

Now I come here I see questions that haven't been answered for months.

Does anyone know if Social Stream is still operational and being supported and, more importantly should I be looking to use it in my upcoming projects or should I "roll my own"?

If I should roll my own are there any other comparable gems or lists of gems that I could look into?

Thanks

K*

Stephen Cagigal

Feb 1, 2015, 12:05:13 AM2/1/15
to social...@googlegroups.com
Have you found your answer anywhere?

I was excited and last week when I went to their site it seems to have stopped working.

I was going to start my project this week and it seems like the installation instructions are now unaccessible.

Do you have a plan B for a RoR social network?  Do you mind sharing your plan?

Thanks,
Steve

Kobi Omenaka

Jul 8, 2015, 1:41:05 AM7/8/15
to social...@googlegroups.com
Hi -

Ive not found the answer anywhere!

Though I just saw a message saying they were hoping to update to RoR 4 - which sounds like some people are working on it...

Kobi Omenaka

Jul 8, 2015, 2:02:44 AM7/8/15
to social...@googlegroups.com
no sorry to deceive you

it was someone asking about RoR 4 so sounds like no progress has been made....