I goofed!

Richard Eng

Feb 16, 2015, 9:57:26 AM2/16/15
to smalltalk...@googlegroups.com
I goofed in my poll about Smalltalk's competition; important languages missing. Please vote again in updated poll: http://goo.gl/wxH1lD

James Ladd

Feb 16, 2015, 6:40:10 PM2/16/15
to smalltalk...@googlegroups.com
I think some form of lisp variant should be in the initial list.
- James.

James Ladd

Feb 16, 2015, 6:41:33 PM2/16/15
to smalltalk...@googlegroups.com
Aside from Javascript ;)

Richard Eng

Feb 17, 2015, 10:42:17 AM2/17/15
to smalltalk...@googlegroups.com
Well, I just wanted to include the main languages. Smalltalk is really trying to make headway against the "establishment." Lisp is hardly on anybody's radar. I could've included Haskell and Clojure, too, but they're not a threat, IMO.

Also, every time I alter the poll, I have to start from scratch! This is not a well-designed WordPress plugin. Rather stupid, really.

James Ladd

Feb 17, 2015, 3:33:53 PM2/17/15
to smalltalk...@googlegroups.com
By lisp I meant Clojure ;)
I'm sure the results will be interesting

Sent from the holodeck.