Support for pen input devices

Jolene N

Sep 4, 2020, 7:12:37 PM9/4/20
to sljfaq.org
I've been using your excellent site and was wondering if there are plans to enable pen usage, like Surface or Dell 7390 pens to draw kanji? Mouse drawing takes many times to get right to enable selecting the correct kanji.

thanks, Jolene

Ben Bullock

Sep 4, 2020, 9:22:15 PM9/4/20
to sljfaq.org
Hi Jolene,

For about seven years,  kanji.sljfaq.org has supported smartphone finger input. I'm not sure exactly what the problem is with the pen input devices. Are you using a desktop with a pen input? What happens relative to a mouse device?

JoleneN

Sep 5, 2020, 12:43:54 AM9/5/20
to sljf...@googlegroups.com
I am using Dell 2 in 1 touch screen laptop. The pen does not respond at all. Requires the mouse to use, which has less precision.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "sljfaq.org" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sljfaqorg/CAN5Y6m8GmAKDTKMyMCB5gQ%2B%2BMQXki_x77Y%3D_b-DYTztdhYb5Eg%40mail.gmail.com.

Ben Bullock

Sep 5, 2020, 1:16:40 AM9/5/20
to sljfaq.org
Hi Jolene,

Thank you for responding.

I don't have a pen device at the moment. A bit of research leads me to believe that updating to use something called "Pointer events" might be the solution. However, to solve this I will need to get your cooperation since I can't test it myself since I don't have a pen device. Would it be OK to email you with some testing requests? Let me know here on the list or directly by email to benkasmi...@gmail.com.

Thank you for your input.

Ben