Regional Upstarts - the fourth annual SeaChange StartUp Camp (SSC4) to be held at Pambula Beach - May 29th and 30th 2015

Liam O'Duibhir, Director, SoccerFit

Apr 20, 2015, 6:09:53 PM4/20/15
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com

G’day all,

We are announcing this years’ SeaChange StartUp Camp (SSC4) to be held at Pambula Beach (Far South Coast NSW) on May 29th and 30th.

The event, now in its 4th year has enjoyed growing success and this year looks set to be bigger than ever.

In case you didn't know, Pambula Beach is located on the Sapphire Coast, a spectacular rural region combining the best of coastal living with a rich natural environment (Image gallery - www.sapphirecoast.com.au/gallery/). It is a popular holiday destination that sits midway between Sydney and Melbourne, and is about 3 hours drive South from Canberra, on the Far South Coast of NSW.

Increasingly, it is becoming a great place to be involved in technology and web-based businesses, aided significantly by last years addition of a Digital Co-Working Space, CoWS Near The Coast (cowsnearthecoast.com.au).

SSC4 is a two day event running on Fri/Sat 29th and 30th of May 2015. It is being run by regional entrepreneurship group IntoIT (www.intoitsapphirecoast.com) in partnership with Canberra’s leading StartUp Advisory Service, Lighthouse Innovation (http://lighthouseinnovation.com.au/).

More info on the event here - http://www.intoitsapphirecoast.com/uncategorized/entrepreneurs-seachange-startup-camp4.

As a popular tourism region, the Bega Valley, with its coastal gems, is an ideal place to take a break, and get involved in some great StartUp exploration.

The event is being held literally on the beach...at the local Surf Living Saving club (see images here - http://www.intoitsapphirecoast.com/photos-of-the-awesome-startup-camp-venue-pambula-surf-life-saving-club/). It is a terrific venue looking out to breath-taking coastal scenes, including an excellent surfing beach too - bring your board. We have WiFi...it could be better (we are working on it) but bring a dongle/mobile phone/hotspot if you can.

If you make it, there will be plenty of people around who ‘get you’...the region has in recent years become something of a magnet for IT Sea-Changers wanting to excel at their profession but equally enjoy a high-quality lifestyle. Many are part of, and active in IntoIT, as mentioned earlier, the non-profit volunteer organisation overseeing the Start Up Camp. Check out the IntoIT website - www.intoitsapphirecoast.com

It’s easy to get here with flights direct from Sydney (1.5 hour flight 3 times per day approx) and Melbourne (1.5 hour flight 2 times per day approx), and Canberra less than 3 hours drive.

Google Map link to the region - click http://goo.gl/SlcWgl

A great source of information about the region is the Sapphire Coast Tourism site - http://www.sapphirecoast.com.au/ including a helpful guide to accommodation.

And if you have some time...perhaps lose yourself in this gallery of stunning images - http://www.sapphirecoast.com.au/gallery/

Whatever activity you are into, active or sedentary, the region will form an inspiring backdrop to a great entrepreneurial weekend.

Hope you'll consider joining us...who knows maybe in time you'll become an Tech SeaChanger too.

We'll buzz back shortly with some additional announcements including our speaker line-up.

I have attached our official press release...if you were inclined to forward this to others, or pop a printout on a noticeboard.

For more info email SeaChang...@intoitsapphirecoast.com

Best Regards,

Liam O'Duibhir

Co-founder IntoIT Sapphire Coast (http://www.intoitsapphirecoast.com)

--

Liam O'Duibhir

0417 579 079

SSC4 Press Release 21 April 2015.pdf

Matto Rochford

Apr 21, 2015, 9:26:55 PM4/21/15
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com, lia...@soccerfit.com.au
Pambula is in a very nice part of the world. I had a nice surf at the little beach next to Pambula in january. The Pambula surf club is a very nice building.

Liam O'Duibhir, Director, SoccerFit

Apr 22, 2015, 9:12:44 PM4/22/15
to Matto Rochford, silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com
Hello Matto,

It is a lovely setting for getting the creative juices flowing...we have had a lot of great feedback about this - reckon it would be the equivalent of a StartUp Camp at Bondi Icebergs...with a lot less ambient noise :-)

Hope you'll consider joining us.

Liam