OT: "Father" and "Debt" painted on road - why?

Madelaine D. Boyd

Aug 16, 2017, 12:11:01 AM8/16/17
to SF2G
"Father" is on the bike path of Bayshore past the intersection with Industrial Blvd,

"Debt" is on the bike path in Redwood Shores just past Oracle.

Anyone know what the deal with these is? Davide had an interesting theory that it was related to the Lord's Prayer.

Nathan Dushman

Aug 16, 2017, 12:33:40 AM8/16/17
to SF2G
There are more words than just those two. No one seems to know why they're there, but they've been there a long time (or maybe someone repaints them regularly) and it's been discussed before:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sf2g/5Fc7xjNObeE/WeIhcAsAQQEJ
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sf2g/aE-agomEBUQ/-_bNbW1WEoUJ

Peter Colijn

Aug 16, 2017, 12:47:23 AM8/16/17
to n...@abtech.org, SF2G
A few years ago I found out that it was my friend James deBoer who laid those down. He rode sf2g for a bit around 2009-2010 but has since moved to Oakland.

---

Jeffrey Skokan

Aug 16, 2017, 12:03:11 PM8/16/17
to SF2G, n...@abtech.org
I always thought that there must be a route where you could read the Lord's Prayer from start to finish as you rode the route.  I guess that I was never curious enough to ask.