Back in the game

Kobus Venter

May 23, 2019, 12:41:15 PM5/23/19
to SE Biochar Interest Group
Hi all,

Kobus Venter here from South Africa. Some of you may know me from the stove discussion lists. As a self taught char technologist I have been privileged to have been involved in some projects over here i.e. building biochar retorts for farmers, universities and NGO's, and some small businesses, eg. Impilo Yabantu turning faecal sludge into a soil amendment. I think this is the best list to share some of my results and to bounce ideas off of. I have my own closed google group but I found it to be ineffective when it comes to actual interacting with other like-minded individuals.

Hoping to post soon and thanks for lending an ear.  I wonder if Dr. Yury Yudkevich is still around? I have managed to link several retorts in a "progressive batch" mode. Something he encouraged us all to do some 15 years ago.

Cheers

Anne Miller

Jul 23, 2019, 11:53:00 AM7/23/19
to SE Biochar Interest Group

Welcome Kobus.  I am interested in learning about some of the retorts that you have built for farmers.  Here, in the Southeastern US, we do not have aneed for heat capture, but we do have a need for biochar creted in the most efficient manner.

Kobus Venter

Jul 31, 2019, 11:59:13 AM7/31/19
to se-bi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anne,