NMatrix#det_exact

Saurabh Shah

Jan 20, 2016, 9:17:01 AM1/20/16
to SciRuby Development
I can find NMatrix#det method in math.rb in nmatrix gem. But where is NMatrix#det_exact ?

And also why is inverse_exact giving me NoMethodError? Is it not implemented?

John Woods

Jan 20, 2016, 9:20:55 AM1/20/16
to SciRuby Development
I believe this function is in the C code.

Where do you see that there *should* be an inverse_exact?

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 8:17 AM Saurabh Shah <shahsau...@gmail.com> wrote:
I can find NMatrix#det method in math.rb in nmatrix gem. But where is NMatrix#det_exact ?

And also why is inverse_exact giving me NoMethodError? Is it not implemented?

Saurabh Shah

Jan 20, 2016, 9:28:25 AM1/20/16
to SciRuby Development
I added an issue regarding inverse matrix output for zero determinants. If I call NMatrix#inverse I will get this bug. So I was thinking of using NMatrix#inverse_exact to calculate such inverses. inverse_exact is seen implemented in math.cpp.

John Woods

Jan 20, 2016, 9:36:01 AM1/20/16
to SciRuby Development
Well, I'd suggest going through the code and seeing what calls inverse_exact, if anything. Is it supposed to be exposed but not? What's the edit history for this function? (Try using git blame.)

Saurabh Shah

Jan 21, 2016, 2:19:50 AM1/21/16
to sciru...@googlegroups.com
I think if we make changes in math.rb file, where instead of NMatrix#inverse method if we use NMatrix#inverse_exact method we can access inverse_exact function. But I am unable to pass the required arguments there.